Author Topic: Frequent Need to “.resetv”  (Read 301 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Frequent Need to “.resetv”
« on: March 28, 2024, 09:53:28 AM »
In the last week or so, I’ve experienced several episodes of my voice in game stop working and requiring me to “.resetv”.  Every time the reset is successful.  It’s been many years since having to do it.  Any idea why it’s happening so frequently all the sudden?  Very frustrating when hearing everyone and responding back, then realizing I’m not transmitting.  For a long time, Ive keep the channel tuned to myself to confirm transmission but, there’s no indication of when it discontinues.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
Re: Frequent Need to “.resetv”
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 05:24:36 PM »
I've been trying to track this down for 6 months and nobody has anything other than basic troubleshooting idea's which I've exhausted many times.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 05:41:22 PM »
If you have nvidia audio drivers installed along with other sound drivers (Realtek) for instance disable the nvidia sound in control panel, see if that helps.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 04:21:35 PM »
If you have nvidia audio drivers installed along with other sound drivers (Realtek) for instance disable the nvidia sound in control panel, see if that helps.

Thanks SNO.  I occasionally do zoom meetings (the last 3+ years) and have to reconfigure to do them and then reconfigure back for AH to make everything operate correctly but, will double check.  The constant need to “.resetv” has started occurring in the last week or so.  When spinning AH up for use, I always tune to myself on channel to double check that I’m transmitting.  Sometime after that, I notice that I’m talking to myself because no one is responding.  The “.resetv” immediately corrects it with no further occurrences, until the next time I sign into AH.  Then, it’s the same drill a few minutes after signing in.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 10:33:43 AM »
Still happening even with everything in the W10 sound menu disabled except for my headset in the record and playback menu.  Very mysterious and frustrating.   

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 07:54:32 PM »

It didn't change for me.  That was one of the first things I did.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 04:58:40 PM »
are you guys using a custom sound pack?  one of them has a bug that was never fixed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 09:49:20 AM »
are you guys using a custom sound pack?  one of them has a bug that was never fixed.

semp

No Sir.
USA!!!
USAF 85-95

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 10:29:06 AM »

semp

I’ve been using the same custom sound pack for years, and have never had the need to “resetv” this frequently.