Author Topic: Main Arena Trending Down?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Main Arena Trending Down?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2024, 12:33:47 PM »
What the actual F!

Do the three of you have to ruin every single thread. All this bbs has become is the three of you pissing all over each other. Just leave already.

Really?

How did I ruin the thread trying to answer your question and pointing out this is the normal seasonal oscillation that has been explained before?

What exactly was my offense in this post?  Can you explain?
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,409186.msg5421241.html#msg5421241

Lusche probably has his explanation stored on a macro.  Along with the one trying to explain how locally calculated hit and collisions are evaluated. Saves re-typing.  :rofl

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 12:52:02 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2024, 12:44:39 PM »
What the actual F!

Do the three of you have to ruin every single thread. All this bbs has become is the three of you pissing all over each other. Just leave already.

I'm still trying to figure out who the 3rd person is.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2024, 02:32:05 PM »
Take a long look at your buddy DipTrips. I WARNED YOU. I TOLD YOU SO.

I just wonder, how many interested, possible new players look around at forum and skip it because of this kind of drunk and aggressive rants. They may easily think the game is full of this kind of ravings, insults flying back and forth, people genuinely hating each others. Everyone sane would skip trying AH and go somewhere else. And this is from a person, who says it's better to write nothing, if not having anything positive to give. Maybe our understanding of positivity is a bit different.   

Animl, I have read what kind of hell you've come through during last few years and I fully understand what kind of effect it has in human mind. Please, vent your rage somewhere else, close the bottle and/or put the joint away and speak with some professional. This is combat sim forum.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2024, 03:17:55 PM »

Animl, I have read what kind of hell you've come through during last few years and I fully understand what kind of effect it has in human mind. Please, vent your rage somewhere else, close the bottle and/or put the joint away and speak with some professional. This is combat sim forum.

Word
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2024, 03:19:20 PM »
AH is trending downward.  This is unfortunate and not wished for.  AH fell behind in graphics and development and the audience for the genre has shrunk.  Those issues have and will destroy games.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2024, 04:55:04 PM »
I just wonder, how many interested, possible new players look around at forum and skip it because of this kind of drunk and aggressive rants. They may easily think the game is full of this kind of ravings, insults flying back and forth, people genuinely hating each others. Everyone sane would skip trying AH and go somewhere else. And this is from a person, who says it's better to write nothing, if not having anything positive to give. Maybe our understanding of positivity is a bit different.   

I think you're trying to say the right thing.  I also think you're going after the reaction, instead of the multiple sources easily seen in this very thread. 
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2024, 05:02:46 PM »
I see only one person spewing vitriolic hyperbole in this thread. Is it just to blame someone who provokes that simply by their presence? I think not.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2024, 06:02:21 PM »
The graphics are just fine. Its partly the ADHD call of duty instant action crowd that if you cant find a fight in 10 seconds then its too slow. Then you have the PS5/xbox crowd that if you cant play the game on a video game system, they dont even become remotely insterested in trying it. The days of PC gaming is slowly changing over to console gaming
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2024, 06:05:30 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out who the 3rd person is.

You
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2024, 06:10:36 PM »
I fully get the seasonal peaks and valleys but I was holding out hope for a less steady drop. When I came back almost two years ago the numbers weren’t much higher but were holding at 120 in the MA. It would seem this years decline has started. I’m still going to play of course but probably not as much.

Like many I have been putting in about 3-4 hours a night every night for a while now. Might be time to take some of that time for other pursuits.

I wonder if we hit the cliff already and next years winter bump only gets us to 100 a night if we are lucky. I wonder what the magic number is for subs that would be cause to shut it off for good.

I wonder…
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2024, 06:19:52 PM »
IT’s YOU low life

And nothing to do with you at all lmao  :rofl

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2024, 06:21:01 PM »
As more people pass away and less people to fill their spot, numbers will drop. Eventually people will quit out of boredom when they have no people to play with. Then its a downward spiral until the game is shut off. I have my sub, but havent hardly had time to play. But then again it doesnt help when maps are super sized for 800 players online and not 80. Need a lot smaller maps to concentrate gameplay. The massive maps need taken out of rotation but nobody wants to adjust the game for the current numbers, just continue to live outside of reality until the walls crash down
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 07:05:20 PM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2024, 06:58:12 PM »
I fully get the seasonal peaks and valleys but I was holding out hope for a less steady drop. When I came back almost two years ago the numbers weren’t much higher but were holding at 120 in the MA. It would seem this years decline has started. I’m still going to play of course but probably not as much.

Like many I have been putting in about 3-4 hours a night every night for a while now. Might be time to take some of that time for other pursuits.

I wonder if we hit the cliff already and next years winter bump only gets us to 100 a night if we are lucky. I wonder what the magic number is for subs that would be cause to shut it off for good.

I wonder…

For you personally, I'd think the only question is, are you having fun?  If you are having fun at 40 players, then you are having fun at 40 players.  A lot of that is a function of map and gameplay design. 

People laugh at an IL2 or DCS server with 80 players, but the server is optimized for that number to keep it fun.  Size and scaling, 2 sides vs 3.

A 64 player Battlefield 4 server is a rocking mad house of activity and action.

The question of player count is more toward what can keep the company viable and produce enough revenue to fund development and maintain a team.  The hardware is already a sunk cost.  The fixed costs of electricity and bandwidth are probably not that big.  The completely shut it off number is probably pretty small.

Scenarios are probably effected.  A 20 player Battle of Britain Scenario is probably a challenge to create a compelling experience.

If you as a player are having $15 of fun at 40 players in the Melee, then let the good times roll. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2024, 07:16:03 PM »
The graphics are just fine. Its partly the ADHD call of duty instant action crowd that if you cant find a fight in 10 seconds then its too slow. Then you have the PS5/xbox crowd that if you cant play the game on a video game system, they dont even become remotely insterested in trying it. The days of PC gaming is slowly changing over to console gaming

People were saying that in posts back in early 2000. Not really an excuse for bad gameplay
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2024, 07:56:47 PM »

I just wonder, how many interested, possible new players look around at forum and skip it because of this kind of drunk and aggressive rants. They may easily think the game is full of this kind of ravings, insults flying back and forth, people genuinely hating each others. Everyone sane would skip trying AH and go somewhere else.

I read the IL-2 & WW2OL weekly....... I find it very refreshing, why? they are talking about planes, tanks and WW2 I never see anything remotely like the crap I got to Wade through in here.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301