Author Topic: How fun is it to see F-15s, F-16 and F-35 coming back without missiles?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: How fun is it to see F-15s, F-16 and F-35 coming back without missiles?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 01:13:56 PM »
I think it more likely Israel will attack with manned aircraft and bomb various strategic assets.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2024, 01:39:51 PM »
I think it more likely Israel will attack with manned aircraft and bomb various strategic assets.

Since none of the Iranian drones got lucky (by design) and nothing dropped on a bomb shelter with women and kids in it, I think that would be unwise.

It would complicate US continued support.  I think the US has signaled their limits very carefully.  Another Israeli response would have to be seen as clear escalation.

If there had been real damage, Israel would have had no choice.  Here, I think they now have a choice to hold the line. 

But it is the mid-East so who knows.

(Not that Iran doesn't deserve it.)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 01:54:17 PM »
and nothing dropped on a bomb shelter with women and kids in it

Actually there is a 7 years old poor Israeli-Arab girl fighting for her live these days. It wasn't "nothing".

We here anxiously waited for many days for these attacks to come. it was known that missiles are coming and some couldn't get a sleep.
We spent huge amount of our taxpayers money on defense missiles.

And what is also important kindergartens and schools were closed for a day and a half so they pis..ed off lots of Israeli moms and dads.      :mad:

It was serious... In this Middle-Eastern puddle you don't live such a thing without a response.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2024, 01:57:14 PM »
On another note - there lots of interviews with pilots that shut down these drones.

It was like a huge turkey shot and it felt like - ohhh finally after all these years of training we can finally shoot stuff down and there are plenty  :x

And some are likely done with guns. Watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkmq0CucCc there is a comment in Hebrew "I recommend doing it with ...s" and no missile track after wards. I strongly suspect it was gun kill
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 01:59:10 PM by artik »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2024, 02:19:25 PM »
Actually there is a 7 years old poor Israeli-Arab girl fighting for her live these days. It wasn't "nothing".

That is terrible and not nothing.

But not enough to trigger a full-scale regional war over.

I actually expected more.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2024, 02:33:24 PM »
But not enough to trigger a full-scale regional war over.

This is biggest misconception - there is a full scale regional war. Lebanon, Syria, Hizballa, Houthis and even to certain extent Hamas are proxies of Iran.
Iran shutting down commerce in Suez Chanel (via proxy), Iran develops nukes for a reason. Israel is easy and close target but just because US is too far away.
There is a good reason that Jordanian air force participated in shutting down drones

And of course not talking about Russia-Iran-N.Korea axis.

It is full scale war, actually treating it as such instead of being ignorant would be a good thing - as we all learned to well from history being Chamberlain does not really pay off.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 02:44:13 PM »
This is biggest misconception - there is a full scale regional war. Lebanon, Syria, Hizballa, Houthis and even to certain extent Hamas are proxies of Iran.

I understand.  But proxie wars are not the same as direct peer-2-peer.

My point isn't that Iran doesn't deserve it, but that I don't think a further open response, at this particular time, would be in Israel's interest.

That would be putting the US (vital to Israel) in a very tough spot.  We have a domestic audience as well. 

It would lose Israel more than it gains them.  They could hold the line until after the US election, keep US support,  finish up in Gaza, and simply pick another general for targeted-killing later as payback.

"One may choose to serve their emotions, or their interests.  Seldom both at the same time."  - Caesar

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2024, 03:47:33 PM »
I didn't say that how and when Israel response is need to be emotional. Clearly not. Revenge must be served cold.

But just to say... it is long due the "full scale regional war". p2p with Iran is complicated since we don't have the power projection level USA or even UK has. But Iran does project power via proxies and it makes it even more critical to go to the root cause instead of fighting the minions.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2024, 04:00:50 PM »
I expect we won't have to wait long to find out.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2024, 06:01:07 PM »
Did you see the Israeli estimate on the cost of the missiles used to defend? It didn't include the US tax payer money spent. Heard they're about to send another eleventy billion to Ukraine. We don't have money for the US boarder though.

Might want to pick up some extra shifts to cover the taxes... 

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2024, 06:35:57 PM »
Right because lack of funding is the cause of the border/immigration political schism.

Those missiles were already paid for, not using them would’ve been a waste. Saving innocent people from being murdered.. of all the stupid things to waste my tax dollars on..
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2024, 07:53:53 PM »
Right because lack of funding is the cause of the border/immigration political schism.

Those missiles were already paid for, not using them would’ve been a waste. Saving innocent people from being murdered.. of all the stupid things to waste my tax dollars on..

Right, we spend our tax dollars on other countries and not taking care of our own... Israel gonna need over a billion to replace those missiles they shot. Better fire up the printing press. Who knows maybe they can print enough to cause hyperinflation. A bunch of the world is moving out of the dollar. Stuff gonna get real expensive when all those federal reserve notes come flooding back to the US.

Might need to pick up some extra shifts and some gold. The military industrial complex is gonna be building more missiles and hopefully the politicians only take 10% for a kickback!

While we're on that subject did you see that the requirement for a warrant to spy on Americans got shot down. Surely you will defend that too even though people on both sides voted against it?

Hope you Red team, Blue team guys figure it out one day that both sides are working together to screw you. They're just making it look like they disagree. That Red team speaker guy said for years that he was a constitutional lawyer and against warrantless spying on Americans but he cast the vote to defeat the amendment. Go figure.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2024, 08:43:18 PM »
In this Middle-Eastern puddle you don't live such a thing without a response.

Magnificent summary. 

And also a lesson why the Mideast is a lock with no key. 

For the near future, we need the oil, and we need to disrupt the international terrorists who are just itching to pull off another 9/11.  Israel is our only friend in those endeavors.  Aid to Israel is a pathetically small percentage of our budget.  There shouldn't be any question on this.

- oldman

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2024, 10:12:08 PM »
Aid to Israel is a pathetically small percentage of our budget.  There shouldn't be any question on this.

- oldman

It's all a drop in the bucket until your currency is worthless :)

The U.S. national debt is rising by $1 trillion about every 100 days

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/the-us-national-debt-is-rising-by-1-trillion-about-every-100-days.html

1: Ukraine $12,432,081,637

2: Israel $3,308,801,618

3: Ethiopia $2,190,256,514

4: Afghanistan $1,389,022,902

5: Yemen $1,375,803,516

6: Egypt $1,368,911,286

7: Jordan $1,188,991,957

8: Nigeria $1,154,875,460

9: Somalia $1,137,089,455

10: South Sudan $1,123,918,275

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/countries-that-receive-the-most-foreign-aid-from-the-u-s

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2024, 08:47:02 AM »

Puma do you still have that genie in a bottle?

<S>

Unfortunately, all were taken away and recycled. 

:salute

All gave some, Some gave all