Author Topic: The integrity of the game and players is lost  (Read 7963 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: The integrity of the game and players is lost
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2024, 12:16:11 PM »
Let me ask.

If every player used the kill messages to target and trace players and have 3 accounts to fly on any team and at any moment with a squad on all 3 teams or on your team, and players just switch to target people while they are already flying. Is that good for the MA overall? Is this what we want the MA to be about?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2024, 12:24:08 PM »
Let me ask.

If every player used the kill messages to target and trace players and have 3 accounts to fly on any team and at any moment with a squad on all 3 teams or on your team, and players just switch to target people while they are already flying. Is that good for the MA overall? Is this what we want the MA to be about?

Clearly you've never played other competitive games. Being able to side-switch and see who you are fighting is the norm. Hell, even in Fighter Ace, there was no side-switch timer and nametags were always on.

The scenario you described sounds perfect and wouldn't bother me one bit.

Here's something you never knew: You ALWAYS had access to kill messages, even before Hitech enabled them. Just refresh the stats page and it functions just like a kill feed. Now maybe you'll realize how dumb you looked claiming that we were using multiple accounts to spy on players or figure out what someone was flying. There was never any need for multiple accounts, the stats page functions as a kill feed when refreshed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:49:09 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2024, 12:29:18 PM »
That isn't what happened?

Eagler
There’s what actually happened.
There’s what Skyyr says happened.

These are almost never the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:35:25 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2024, 12:31:25 PM »
To be clear, it's only Razbam that hasn't been paid in 9 months, and that's according to 2 Razbam employees statements on the Razbam discord.  None of the ED employees or any of the other dozen or so contracting teams like Heatblur/etc/etc have made the same complaint.  There are other things going on between Eagle Dynamics and Razbam as well, apparently Razbam broke the TOS with ED by creating/selling tech to a South American country's air force or some such.

Just to support what you are saying...

My understanding so far, on limited info, is also it is not a cashflow issue. 
There is apparently a contractual dispute involving IP or source escrow. 
My guess is ED has a enforcement clause and is withholding payment until Razbam gets back into compliance.

It may be hardball, but my guess is withholding payments wasn't the first step.  And a CEO has a fiduciary duty to protect any IP aggressively.  Those are stockholder's assets.  That's his job.  In some cases if they don't, they can lose rights to their IP if they haven't shown vigorous effort to protect.

I know it's not popular to side with the bigger company, but it seems to me Razbam is the one who has been acting unprofessional, but this is probably a better topic for the O'Club.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2024, 12:36:03 PM »
There’s what actually happened.
There’s what Skyyr says happened.

These almost never the same thing.

Isn't it funny the guys claiming "something else happened" NEVER have film; meanwhile, we constantly have film showing exactly what we said, yet the same people claim it's fake? In fact, that's precisely why so many videos of you got posted, because you kept claiming we/I couldn't beat you 1v1, so we posted films of you losing 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, and 2v3-4 - then you claimed that was egotistical bashing, when in reality it was you getting caught in lies. lol how predictable.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:45:01 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2024, 12:48:51 PM »
Clearly you've never played other competitive games. Being able to side-switch and see who you are fighting is the norm. Hell, even in Fighter Ace, there was no side-switch timer and nametags were always on.

The scenario you described sounds perfect and wouldn't bother me one bit.

Here's something you never knew: You ALWAYS had access to kill messages, even before Hitech enabled them. Just refresh the stats page and it functions just like a kill feed. Now maybe you'll realize how dumb you looked claiming that we were using multiple accounts to spy on players or figure out what someone was flying. We never needed multiple accounts, as the stats page functions as a kill feed when refreshed. You simply look at the stats page. lol

Well this is a global war style game, not a server or match play. It's about using strategy and tactics to win a war, not chase individuals around the map because you have something out for them. I'd rather you have to check the stats page after I land kills rather than while I'm in the middle of a sortie. I just find it really crazy that you have to resort to looking at Stat pages to track people. Why can't you just fight like everyone else in the fog of war and use strategy to win instead of watching stats and trying to create outside advantages? To me, going this far isn't what most of the players in the game are trying to achieve. It pretty much ruins the war strategy of the game IMO.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2024, 12:50:48 PM »
Well this is a global war style game, not a server or match play. It's about using strategy and tactics to win a war, not chase individuals around the map because you have something out for them. I'd rather you have to check the stats page after I land kills rather than while I'm in the middle of a sortie. I just find it really crazy that you have to resort to looking at Stat pages to track people. Why can't you just fight like everyone else in the fog of war and use strategy to win instead of watching stats and trying to create outside advantages? To me, going this far isn't what most of the players in the game are trying to achieve. It pretty much ruins the war strategy of the game IMO.

Translation: "Why can't you stop using logic and deduction to find ways around my playstyle?! I hate competition."

If your "strategy" relies on anonymity, then it isn't much of a strategy. I stream at least 50% of the time I'm flying and I don't give a damn if people hunt me or track me or come after me. It doesn't affect me nor do I complain about it. Why? Because that's the norm in every other game out there. I'm used to it.

Further, if you think I'm going to extremes... lol. Clearly you've never seen end-game loot raids in MMORPGs, micro'ing in RTS's, or long-term wide-scale micromanagement of resources in games like Eve Online. I'm just barely utilizing legitimate data and game mechanics in Aces High and you think this is an "outside advantage"? lol, it's not an outside advantage, it's your lack of critical thinking and creativity. The moment you go to another sim or competitive gaming community, you'll very quickly realize what I'm saying.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:56:50 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2024, 12:53:42 PM »

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2024, 01:13:40 PM »
"Why can't you stop using logic and deduction

On a tangential note, how did you score this in Skyyr-world?  Did you credit trogdor for a win? Is that included in your vs trog stats?  I mean, you're claiming a win on something you went down - just wondering.

Can I count as a win the one where I shot your vert stab off as you tried to run and you managed a very lucky ditch?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2024, 01:20:33 PM »
Isn't it funny the guys claiming "something else happened" NEVER have film; meanwhile, Skyyr constantly has film showing exactly what he said, yet the same people claim it's fake? lol how predictable.
I used to film all the time. I don’t even remember how to turn it on anymore. Some of us have lives outside of the game and don’t care to spend the time maintaining a film library and catalogue every encounter to prove we all have our own perspective. Your films show your perspective. It’s your truth but not his/the truth. You post films like it’s always indisputable evidence of everything. It can support your assertions but it’s rarely indisputable proof. Especially when it’s constantly doctored and edited to suit your narrative. Like a magician. Watching something from the audience’s perspective is totally different from seeing it from back stage.

Plus I’m not here trying to defend myself from being permabanned (again) for doing the same type of stuff I was permabanned in the first place for. That’s you.

I get why you record everything but find it ironic that it was recording (and posting) stuff that got you banned to begin with if memory serves. So please keep posting films.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2024, 01:21:55 PM »
Let me ask.

Why does it matter how many kills our squad has?  Do you care to guess why?  We fight!  We find the biggest red dar and we bow our head and we dive straight in to the fray. If you are in the way then we will rail road you.
How does one guy skyyr target 6 guys?   Can you not defend your self?  I am targeted all day in the arenas I love it! 
You’re the one that’s constantly about score this score that no one cares from our squad about score (see above statement about the biggest red dar).
As far as the 190d EVERYONE IS IN THAT PLANE. Last night there was literally 6 bish over a6 out of 8 planes in a 190d. It’s not because they want to fight it’s more so when their failed BNZ run fails because they are doing 545 mph and can’t hit anything they can escape.
No one is hunting you. You are just paranoid and out classed and it’s showing up and that’s killing you.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2024, 01:26:58 PM »
Why does it matter how many kills our squad has?  Do you care to guess why?  We fight!  We find the biggest red dar and we bow our head and we dive straight in to the fray. If you are in the way then we will rail road you.
How does one guy skyyr target 6 guys?   Can you not defend your self?  I am targeted all day in the arenas I love it! 
You’re the one that’s constantly about score this score that no one cares from our squad about score (see above statement about the biggest red dar).
As far as the 190d EVERYONE IS IN THAT PLANE. Last night there was literally 6 bish over a6 out of 8 planes in a 190d. It’s not because they want to fight it’s more so when their failed BNZ run fails because they are doing 545 mph and can’t hit anything they can escape.
No one is hunting you. You are just paranoid and out classed and it’s showing up and that’s killing you.

Again, completely false statement when I watch skyyr switch from my team or switch from one enemy team to the enemy I'm fighting and then comes in to pick me  in a rocket plane with his advantage. I have many films of this in 2 months, so it's not paranoia at all, it's clearly targeting players and we've all said and seen the same thing. That's why many of them have left in disgust.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2024, 01:31:17 PM »
Translation: "Why can't you stop using logic and deduction to find ways around my playstyle?! I hate competition."

If your "strategy" relies on anonymity, then it isn't much of a strategy. I stream at least 50% of the time I'm flying and I don't give a damn if people hunt me or track me or come after me. It doesn't affect me nor do I complain about it. Why? Because that's the norm in every other game out there. I'm used to it.

Further, if you think I'm going to extremes... lol. Clearly you've never seen end-game loot raids in MMORPGs, micro'ing in RTS's, or long-term wide-scale micromanagement of resources in games like Eve Online. I'm just barely utilizing legitimate data and game mechanics in Aces High and you think this is an "outside advantage"? lol, it's not an outside advantage, it's your lack of critical thinking and creativity. The moment you go to another sim or competitive gaming community, you'll very quickly realize what I'm saying.

So if I'm defending a field while you are on the other enemy team, then switch to that team in the middle of my sortie to target and and come right at me in base defense where I'm low n slow trying to defend a base take, How is that in anyway fair competition? It's not and it's garbage gameplay.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2024, 01:31:46 PM »

On a tangential note, how did you score this in Skyyr-world?  Did you credit trogdor for a win? Is that included in your vs trog stats?  I mean, you're claiming a win on something you went down - just wondering.

Can I count as a win the one where I shot your vert stab off as you tried to run and you managed a very lucky ditch?

It seems to me, ma'am, that you hate dying and had a bad experience.

Also, I can control and fly a plane for hours without a vert stab. Flying a plane without a vert stab is fairly easy and I've even shot players down without one. I'm not even remotely exaggerating btw - ask my squad members how many times I fly for grids and land easily without v-stabs. You think it's luck? lol

A kill message is a kill. Quit crying and get good. Want more kills? Get more kill messages. Don't like dying? Don't give me a kill message. Don't like collisions? Then don't fly into me.

A score like 1 to 1, 2 to 2, or even 6 to 4? Yeah, that's likely an even trade of blows to some degree. 29 to 6? Yeah, you're failing often and hard.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to re-watch the last encounter we had where you got owned trying to gang me 1v3.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:37:49 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2024, 01:33:40 PM »

So if I'm defending a field while you are on the other enemy team, then switch to that team in the middle of my sortie to target and and come right at me in base defense where I'm low n slow trying to defend a base take, How is that in anyway fair competition? It's not and it's garbage gameplay.

Sounds to me like you want to blame others for your own lack of SA and poor aircraft and tactic choices.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...