Author Topic: The integrity of the game and players is lost  (Read 7911 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: The integrity of the game and players is lost
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2024, 09:14:00 AM »
I beat him like 3 of 7 times 1-1, he won the last two by HO and a pick. Then bhe stole a kill after I nailed a guy and fought for 10 min 1-1. His kills are not all acm. He’s goid, I’ve seen better.

Respectfully, you've not beaten me "1v1" once. Every single kill you've gotten has been asymmetrical, in different planes, at different speeds, and certainly not 1v1 (every scenario had multiple cons in the area) except once when you came at me with a ton of speed immediately after takeoff and I was trying to keep an eye on YUCCA, who was hovering over the base. Even that wasn't a 1v1, but I hadn't engaged anyone prior, so it would be easy to claim I was only being shot at by you.

If you'd like to go to the DA 1v1, I'll gladly show you the difference. I know you won't accept (most won't, because they're afraid out the outcome), but there's a massive difference between an actual "1v1" and an MA vulch kill.

And just for the record, when players say "1v1," they mean same plane, same alt. Almost no one mentioning 1v1's is talking about MA kills. MA kills are meaningless, and I can say that with over 2k kills last tour and over 1.2k currently. It's easier to get 10+ kills on someone in the MA than it is to get a single kill 1v1 in the DA.

Also, I didnt steal your last kill. I watched you struggle with a 325th member for 10 minutes. I killed him when he dove past me and into his ack. If you had properly controlled the fight, it wouldn't have taken 10+ minutes nor would you have dropped from 10k to the deck.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:30:13 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2024, 09:44:19 AM »
Our MA fights back in the day, 2017-19, were a lot of fun, it was the last time someone gave me actual run for my money and was a good reason I stayed longer. It was a new style, I was forced to adapt to it, learned from it or die. A lot of people in this game don’t quite understand how to study films and apply what they see (in film) in the game. Once they figure that part out the skill gap of players will close quite a bit and the players that are playing will have much more fun.

Yep I thought I was a decent player before, but it's for this reason I myself am even quite a lot better these days than I was years ago when I played AH consistently. Learning from players with different styles like Skyyr, there are several of them out there in other sims, not only him. Adapt and implement it into your own flying, then use whichever style is necessary in the moment. And of course watching your films and learning from the mistakes visualizes what you need to do.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:48:27 AM by Krupinski »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2024, 09:48:00 AM »
Yep it's for this reason I myself am even quite a lot better these days than I was years ago when I played AH consistently. Learning from players with different styles like Skyyr, there are several of them out there not only him. And of course watching your films and learning from the mistakes.
Back when we started it was Kazaa, Grizz, Bruv, Pervert, TonyJoey, sunsfan, Badboy and DrBone to learn from. Was brutal trying to adjust for each and everyone of those guys.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2024, 10:04:22 AM »
Back when we started it was Kazaa, Grizz, Bruv, Pervert, TonyJoey, sunsfan, Badboy and DrBone to learn from. Was brutal trying to adjust for each and everyone of those guys.

Yeah if it wasn't for players like them and many more after them, neither of us would have developed as we have. SunsFan had a cool rolling scissors maneuver I still use to this day, when everybody else is trying to roll at the top, you just nose down and blap them xDD Grizz was left handed so he would always do the opposite merge and everybody thought it was witchcraft. Would be fun to replay the same scenarios today having learned so much, the results for both of us would be quite different.  :evil:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2024, 10:08:21 AM »

My guess is that with the ma filled with so many players back then that their overall killer abilities were diluted for the majority of players...I don't recall these shenanigans back then from any of the listed above..

Hope to see them all back in ma someday

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2024, 10:18:20 AM »
Yeah they were a lot of fun to fight and very good.

This isn't about the fight though. This is about manipulation. Getting better is one thing, having a player change sides while you are fighting so they can gain the advantage over you is another. If Skyyr was naturally playing like the rest of us, I wouldn't have a problem. When I'm defending a field and he switches to engage me in a La7, and then I go to the other side to defend a field and he switches to that team to engage me in a La7, it's not natural because now I have to climb up and wait for the guy after he just switched.  If this happened once in a while, it would still be annoying but I'd get over it, however this is happening every sortie I fly when he's on, and it's just ruining the experience when I have to constantly go defensive when I'm trying to save a field that he has no intentions of actually caring about. This ruins the gameplay and strategy for me. The constant La7, 190D barrage is extremely tiring for most because as a player said on Friday "they really know how to suck the fun right out the room".
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Professor_Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2024, 12:06:02 PM »
Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2024, 12:23:19 PM »
I'm sure these guys are good,...but also remember,.. the MA was like fishing in a barrel in the day. just fly and fire and you'll hit something. One reasons I left. If I logged in and saw 2 almost full arenas, off I went. It was just too easy. I wasn't flyin much before I left anyway for that reason. I like SOME challenge. It didn't take a lot of skill to rack up points. Not trying to discredit anyone, but it was a different environment.

Back in band camp Skyyr would be a lil above average. If it weren't for my stick issues, I would have killed him a lot more. He's got a better stick which leads to better aim,..so that's that. ACM? average.

This is why I rarely liked a point system for myself. It doesn't prove ACM, and a lot of kills are very cheap. Personally I wish HOs were not counted at all. Skyyr is fast to go into the HO merge. Don't take the first merge. Unfortunately, HOs are a epidemic. Gamers do that stuff. Simmers want a real fight.

He's not bad, he's just not as good as he thinks. Common in most humans.

He's a gamer who will exploit everything against a simmer, who is not really interested in points or status. we either have fun or we don't. I rarely even bother to try to land, I just keep goin til I'm dead.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2024, 12:31:09 PM »
Unfortunately, the game no longer exist as it once did. We have a kill board that tells everyone who shot who, we have a DAR that gives away positions too easily. And now we have an abusive sociopath and his squad who play endless hours raking up kills in rocket planes with multiple accounts who switch just to target players and gang and harass them regardless of the war or battle. Skyyr goes where I go, switch in a moment, switch twice in 15 minutes to 2 teams on the front I'm at. Roll and go right for me every time I spend an hour to play the game. His squad on my team while he goes to the other. This is absolute pettiness.

IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU WANTED HITECH? YOU WANT SOCIOPATHS TO RUN OFF LONG TIME PLAYERS? IM TIRED OF THIS BULCH$T. I KNOW MANY OTHERS ARE TOO. THE 8 SHADE ACCOUNTS AREN'T GONNA BE ENOUGH HERE PRETTY SOON ALLOWING THIS.

YOU ARE LOSING MANY OF YOUR LONG TIME SUBS BECAUSE OF THE DERANGEMENT AND OBSESSION THIS PLAYER HAS WITH ME AND OTHERS TO TORMENT AND RUIN THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH GANG STALKING TACTICS. I DEMAND A RESPONSE FROM YOU ABOUT THIS ABUSIVE SHADING AND SQUAD TARGETING THAT I AND OTHERS HAVE MULTIPLE EXAMPLES OF. THIS IS RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME AND GAMEPLAY.

I NO LONGER ENJOY PLAYING WHEN AN AZZH0LE SWITCHES TO EVERY FIGHT IM AT EVERY SORTIE I FLY ONCE I GET A KILL. IM DEFENDING MY FIELD AND HE SWITCHES TO COME GANG ME ON BOTH FRONTS WITHIN 10 MINUTES. I WILL NON STOP POST ABOUT THIS UNTIL THIS COMES TO AN END. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE GAMEPLAY AND I WONT STAND FOR IT.

THIS IS A FORMAL COMPLAINT.

The blame goes to who allows it. It's human nature to push the envelope. Why we have player skimmers and trolls here,.. it's obviously allowed.

Skyyr is out of hand with his 2 accounts. He uses it to find where someone is, what they are flying and shortly he will be killing them. I watched him do it to Judge. He's a point hungry gamer who will get away with anything he can get away with. Most of us are simmers and that's why Gamers are super annoying, and they love being annoying,... some people actually thrive on being hated.
Aces High III - Masters of the Air Scenario (video)
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=Ct5p_Vv0YXgmRxKs

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2024, 12:54:20 PM »
Yeah if it wasn't for players like them and many more after them, neither of us would have developed as we have. SunsFan had a cool rolling scissors maneuver I still use to this day, when everybody else is trying to roll at the top, you just nose down and blap them xDD Grizz was left handed so he would always do the opposite merge and everybody thought it was witchcraft. Would be fun to replay the same scenarios today having learned so much, the results for both of us would be quite different.  :evil:
Yup, suns nailed me a few times with that to win a BaldEagl tournament from me  :ahand
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2024, 01:29:31 PM »
Yup, suns nailed me a few times with that to win a BaldEagl tournament from me  :ahand

Come on back man... Water's fine :D

OFWG
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2024, 01:46:04 PM »

Back in band camp Skyyr would be a lil above average. If it weren't for my stick issues, I would have killed him a lot more. He's got a better stick which leads to better aim,..so that's that. ACM? average.

Lollllllll

You sound like someone who's only fights with Skyyr are in the MA. Skyyr slaughtered many of the people in that list, including Grizz.

Tell you what: you duel Skyyr in the DA and if you can get 3 kills on him, I'll pay your sub for a year. Just 3 kills.

Oh the beatdown is going to be epic.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2024, 01:52:51 PM »

Skyyr is out of hand with his 2 accounts.

Just 2..?

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2024, 02:03:02 PM »
The blame goes to who allows it. It's human nature to push the envelope. Why we have player skimmers and trolls here,.. it's obviously allowed.

Skyyr is out of hand with his 2 accounts. He uses it to find where someone is, what they are flying and shortly he will be killing them. I watched him do it to Judge. He's a point hungry gamer who will get away with anything he can get away with. Most of us are simmers and that's why Gamers are super annoying, and they love being annoying,... some people actually thrive on being hated.

Sounds about like a genetically hardwired male on a female athletic team who is that desperate to win. Ethics be damned.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2024, 02:46:52 PM »
Tell you what: you duel Skyyr in the DA and if you can get 3 kills on him, I'll pay your sub for a year. Just 3 kills.

How many attempts? ;)

500 Quatloos!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.