Author Topic: I heard a rumor that I hope is untrue.  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: I heard a rumor that I hope is untrue.
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2024, 06:08:51 PM »
No one cares if you point out flaws in DCS Animl. You think you know more about those than we who actually play the game? Really? Making stuff up or going on about something you know nothing about just makes you look silly. No need to make this a we/them contest. Give it a rest.

I used the ignore list a long time ago. Some people get way too emotionally upset over the mere mention of DCS or IL2. About like mentioning the T word, it causes people to go into an emotional foaming at the mouth mental state
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2024, 06:13:16 PM »
I used the ignore list a long time ago. Some people get way too emotionally upset over the mere mention of DCS or IL2. About like mentioning the T word, it causes people to go into an emotional foaming at the mouth mental state

That's a pity.

I wanted to ask you what square we were on, and if you thought he deserved his own board.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2024, 06:43:57 PM »

Some ppl don’t know they’re on ignore. Others however, actually one in particular is so dense even telling him doesn’t stop attempts.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2024, 07:10:33 PM »
You would figure after a while when nobody is even commenting on anything they say, they would give up. But then again some live for the attention and when they dont get it, they go mentally insane until someone gives them attention again
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2024, 09:18:34 PM »
Here's a clue

I give a crap. I'm talking to dweebs on the intardnet who act like dweebs on the intardnet.

As far as knowing you're on ignore,.. Trippy should have understood that by now, a LOT of people have him on ignore, mostly from biting my ankles like a child for 6 months with Dolby I can produce the 15 page threads too., and when he couldn't get to me went to into "Sexual Predator" accusations,.. that my friends was frenzy at work. Desperate.

I don't give 3 flying rats butts what you guys fly, I give a crap about Trips sales efforts, and I'm not the only one who is sick to death of it. Mentioning is NOT th same as constant 15-90 pages "mentions". You can't say anything to him without it turning into DCS. It's repugnant. He doesn't carry a high appreciation here. I probably don't either because I'm not afraid to go up against it. My life is not based on what player on the intardnet thinks of me.

I've made my mark,.. I have no interest in making another. I never once said I was a god that would save AH. I said I will help where I can,.. Trips, being the immature pansy that he is started saying that. Take note, he doesn't get many replies in the General and that's why. he cooked himself last year. My friends from the past know me much better and they know what I am not. They KNOW I am not the picture Trippy tried to paint of me. Had no one known me from before it might have worked. I certainly do not care what a player of another game thinks, not one single bit. phffff!

I only have problems with DCS players who are former players and don't even play the game. Learn it, live it, love it.

Because of 6 months of Tripps smart butt half-wit mouth on my ankles about videos, I hope DCS dies. And it's not looking good for a while. Once the comunity takes a spike it's a hard recovery. Hate me all you want, until the world goes flat. Bad people hating me is NOT a bad thing, it's desirable, I will make sure you do.

Tumor and i have history, we may disagree on politics, but we pretty much know how to talk to each other, despite disagreements. Tripps,....not worth my energy to be anything to him. He's so disgusting to me, I want to make sure he hates me. Thats a good thing.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2024, 07:50:49 AM »

The B word too...

I think there should be a text limit per poster per day

These walls of text hurts my brain lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2024, 08:20:56 AM »

Sig line.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2024, 09:28:23 AM »
Animal, you've got me interested now -

Can you provide the name of even one player from Aces High who has claimed to have left this game because he was "skimmed" by a DCS only player.  Or even just a DCS player?

I'd like to talk to them because if this is somehow true, Dale should certainly be made aware of it, if he doesn't already know.

Based on the 25 years I've known Dale,  I believe, and it's just my opinion based on observation,  that HT would instantly ban the talk of other games on these forums, such as other games in the genre have done, if he felt he was losing players to DCS or IL2, even to WT, based on players from those games somehow enticing the AH player(s) to unsub here and spend their $ in the other games.  Or maybe I'm wrong, shrug ebloji thing. 

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2024, 11:10:42 AM »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2024, 12:17:11 PM »
The problem facing Aces High has nothing to do with "skimming".

Probably near Half the players here, already also play DCS.
The other half of players here, probably already also play IL2.
There are a percentage of hardcore who have only ever played AH and pledge to only ever play AH, but they are probably a minority and probably are a shrinking cohort.

The problem isn't skimming, it failure to convert new customers.  The conversion rate might be below 1% (which is why merely advertising probably would only burn cash).

Sooner or later, players are lost to boredom\burn-out (HT is first to admit this is perfectly expected and normal turnover), or old age and health\ life changes.
The problem is, AH is not convincing people who download the trial that it is worth the subscription.  That has nothing to do with skimming. 
The problem is the game, as currently designed is not appealing to the current market expectations.  So the natural attrition rate (less than most games actually) is just never replaced with newer\younger players.  Thus the skewed\aging demographics and slowly declining numbers. 

The problem with AH is lack of new player acquisition, not excessive attrition existing players.  The problem is the normal attrition is never being replaced.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2024, 12:24:44 PM »

There are a percentage of hardcore who have only ever played AH and pledge to only ever play AH, but they are probably a minority and probably are a shrinking cohort.

After hearing players talk about what they think ACM is and their overall lack of ability, I'd genuinely be surprised if this was true, simply because in no other sim are said views held (they're unique to AH).

Additionally, my YouTube channel analytics says that 85% of ~90k views are from men the age of 60. Hitech said that the average AH subscriber was 56 years old, IIRC, and this was 8 years ago or so. These numbers seem to line up. The average sim pilot is 33-35, so it seems relatively apparent that the average AH player is different from most sim players.

From my own observations and data, the average AH pilot is 60 years old, male, from the US or Japan, and plays no other sims. It's probably the AH pilots outside the average age bracket that fly other sims, if I had to take a guess.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:27:47 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2024, 12:44:16 PM »
After hearing players talk about what they think ACM is and their overall lack of ability, I'd genuinely be surprised if this was true, simply because in no other sim are said views held (they're unique to AH).

Additionally, my YouTube channel analytics says that 85% of ~90k views are from men the age of 60. Hitech said that the average AH subscriber was 56 years old, IIRC, and this was 8 years ago or so. These numbers seem to line up. The average sim pilot is 33-35, so it seems relatively apparent that the average AH player is different from most sim players.

From my own observations and data, the average AH pilot is 60 years old, male, from the US or Japan, and plays no other sims. It's probably the AH pilots outside the average age bracket that fly other sims, if I had to take a guess.

Don't take this question the wrong way.. I enjoy having you here.. it at least puts some life into the game.

But with other sims out there, with larger audiences, and your skill ability.. why do you play this?

Same to your skwad.. you guys are all so awesome, and like other threads state, there is so much better out there.

What keeps you here?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2024, 12:50:06 PM »

Hard to know without an extensive/honest survey.  I have just been surprised at how many come up and say something that makes it clear many do play these other games.  I just think they fear the cultural taboo of admitting it openly.

I agree that AH is heavily skewed towards 60ish and above.  As opposed to a healthier, broader distribution like (see @2:00):

1.  It's evidence that AH is just not making the sale to a newer market and it's expectations.

2.  It risks brittleness.  Things that effect that cohort are effecting the entire population not just a balanced slice.  So as the 60+ starting hitting mortality and health problems, it hits the game majority all at the same time.  No new Squeakers coming along to plug the gaps.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:54:11 PM by CptTrips »

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2024, 12:53:47 PM »
Don't take this question the wrong way.. I enjoy having you here.. it at least puts some life into the game.

But with other sims out there, with larger audiences, and your skill ability.. why do you play this?

Same to your skwad.. you guys are all so awesome, and like other threads state, there is so much better out there.

What keeps you here?
I’m here for the tears of the jokers. I store them in small vessels and use them from time to time to wash my balls off after playing golf and getting stuck in the sand bars (usually whiskey induced).

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2024, 12:54:55 PM »

That would be me. I've never tried another sim (except for DCS, which lasted all of 30 minutes because I couldn't get the dang plane moving  :rofl).  However, I have been willing to try others.  I just enjoy AH and the nostalgia it brings me.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||