Author Topic: How come game mechanics were changed but never announced to the community?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Logged in today to test this.  Haven't logged in for over 6 months.  No Update.  Game mechanics can't change without a file update.  So what changed?

well a config file on the server could have changed without a client change.  Damage levels and multipliers and such. 

So some stuff could have been done seamlessly on the next map change.

But I guess it is a secret, posted on a public forum.  So can't know if it would fall with a category that should have required a client update.

I mean if he knows of a change to the servers game mechanics, isn't that knowledge that all players are entitled to?  I don't see the benefit in the secrecy.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Logged in today to test this.  Haven't logged in for over 6 months.  No Update.  Game mechanics can't change without a file update.  So what changed?

could be arena settings? Target hardness? Plane damage? I have never really messed with arena settings before, but i imagine thats something that can be changed without any updates?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
well a config file on the server could have changed without a client change.  Damage levels and multipliers and such. 

But that stuff can be easily checked by players, in arena setup.

could be arena settings? Target hardness? Plane damage? I have never really messed with arena settings before, but i imagine thats something that can be changed without any updates?

At least a few years ago, even such a change required a new game version, as any arena (map) reset would change settings back to default.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
I called him today FT he's still alive he can answer any questions..BTW TY  FUGI for paying my sub for the next 6mo told HT to put in on your card :salute :salute :aok
How did you find that out?   I have had a "Mystery" benefactor since June '23 I just recently found out,LOL   I went to purchase something and Pre-Paid Card was denied?   Card expired 6/23?  :rofl   The purchase was a keep Rud3boi in game type of thing :devil  Ya, I am a Sadist :aok One of you guys have been paying my account for almost a year!!!!! :rock  I never told anyone my account info?  Rud3 gave me his..so I could get him caught up on subscription fees. You can just call HT and pay for someone's account?  :uhoh  Not sure if I should ask, would he tell me, WHO it was?  :rock  Dang I love you fellers!!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
I called him today FT he's still alive he can answer any questions..BTW TY  FUGI for paying my sub for the next 6mo told HT to put in on your card :salute :salute :aok

No problem! It was the least I could do after that load of Playstations fell off your truck in front of my house. It all balances out!  <S>

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
No problem! It was the least I could do after that load of Playstations fell off your truck in front of my house. It all balances out!  <S>

:rofl :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster