Author Topic: TrackIR 5  (Read 521 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: TrackIR 5
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2024, 10:24:22 PM »
Good to see you're still around at least on the boards, uptown!

Hey  :salute Long time no see. I just finished downloading the game again and was checking out the posts in the meantime. Good to see you still around man! DCS is awesome if you have the time. And time it will take....it took me 2 weeks to start the A10  :joystick: :furious.  I have the P47D-30, F15 and A10-C.  The only plane I can't fly after a few drinks  :mad: The only downside to DCS is there's on P38s for sale. But they have them here  :devil. I might see you later <S>
Lighten up Francis

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2024, 10:17:29 AM »
I'm trying TIR again, so I'll be especially easy to kill for a while -- until I give up...again.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2024, 10:25:10 AM »
I'm trying TIR again, so I'll be especially easy to kill for a while -- until I give up...again.   :D

Dont give up Kong! once you find the sweet spot for the scaling it becomes easy to get use to it. You can go to my help page and under the FLIGHT section I have a zip file with about a dozen profiles for players. Just unzip the folder into the profiles folder in the TrackIR folder and you can access them all by player name. They are pretty close to the same but all a bit different in speed and the curves. Easy to swap from one to another and test for a bit to see how it feels. Fly around the circling planes off line

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2024, 05:28:07 PM »

Here's a tip I use, if you turn off the "lean" axis (not on gaming machine atm, not sure if X Y or Z), you'll still get head rotation, but it will use your preset hat switch head positions, ie: if you turn head right to face back right, you'll see the same view as you did when pulling the hat switch back right.

Of course you can't lean and look around stuff, but I personally find it more intuitive for my flying, give it a go!

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Leisure

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2024, 09:55:50 PM »
Here's a tip I use, if you turn off the "lean" axis (not on gaming machine atm, not sure if X Y or Z), you'll still get head rotation, but it will use your preset hat switch head positions, ie: if you turn head right to face back right, you'll see the same view as you did when pulling the hat switch back right.

Of course you can't lean and look around stuff, but I personally find it more intuitive for my flying, give it a go!

Steely

Hello,

I believe it's the Y axis you are talking about. I brought my profile from another sim to this one and it worked fairly well except for the rear view. I followed your advice and it works great. I have some more adjustments to make but it's coming along.
Thanks for the tip.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2024, 06:33:12 AM »
Hello,

I believe it's the Y axis you are talking about. I brought my profile from another sim to this one and it worked fairly well except for the rear view. I followed your advice and it works great. I have some more adjustments to make but it's coming along.
Thanks for the tip.

As mentioned jstick views buttons work along side trackir and vr in ah...

It helps imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2024, 10:19:51 AM »
Totally disoriented.  Hard to forget 20+ years of muscle memory.   :O

At least it's something new.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2024, 10:58:08 AM »
Totally disoriented.  Hard to forget 20+ years of muscle memory.   :O

At least it's something new.   :D

Im telling you, its all in how you adjust the curves. Keep at it.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2024, 04:19:27 PM »
X=side to side

Y=up and down

Z=in and out.

Use alt tab to spit screen and adjust from there. The rear views are a bit more difficult to adjust in Track IR, but what Eagler said about using a hat switch for rear view works just fine. Especially with the caged cockpits. Bubble tops planes it doesn't really make much difference.
What's cool about the X,Y,Z axis is when looking down in the cockpit zoom increases and decreases when looking back up. 
Lighten up Francis

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2024, 05:56:41 PM »
I found the pro clip with the leds better than just the cap clip

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2024, 09:11:01 PM »
I found the pro clip with the leds better than just the cap clip

Eagler
This. Especially if you wear glasses while playing. In the hat clip mode the camera is shining IR light out at you looking for it to reflect off the cap clip. Your glasses might reflect it back too and mess up the tracking. Took me I while to figure out why my view kept spinning upside down! That's not a problem with the IR clip.

Been in VR for a few years now tho.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Leisure

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2024, 06:05:03 PM »
As mentioned jstick views buttons work along side trackir and vr in ah...

It helps imo

Eagler

Hello,

Yeah, you're right. Try as I may, just keeping the rear view on the stick is better-at least on the planes without bubble canopies. I end up contorting around trying to get the best view otherwise.
 Just flick the view on the stick and look around. Easy.
Thanks