Author Topic: Victoria Nuland or how we started the Ukraine war in 2014  (Read 1471 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Victoria Nuland or how we started the Ukraine war in 2014
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2024, 12:10:04 PM »
We were going to go hear her sing at her Orthodox church in Idaho Christmas of 2019 but got sick for 3 weeks (covid). When we heard their services last 3 hours we were glad we'd stayed home. Mormons have long services like that too I'm told.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2024, 02:04:25 PM »
Who besides you actually said "we really want to believe we are the good guys and everyone else that does anything is evil" that you are arguing against?  It sure looks like you made up an over exaggerated narrative to pitch your tent on.  I never believed we are 100% the "good guys" and every ones else is evil.  Nations, like people are a constant conflict and confluence of interests and by that very nature 100% good and 100% evil rarely exists.  What does exist and you conveniently ignore is that some acts are much more good for people and some are much more evil. 

I pay attention many Chinese , Russian and even Soros aligned propaganda outlets and the things you say are pretty well aligned with all of them.  I'm sure that is not indoctrination.

I'm happy to say I'm wrong when proven wrong. I'm hoping that you would offer me the same grace if I was proved right.

None of it is worth arguing personally with each other about and nothing I have opined is directly personally at you.

Ukraine total defeat in less than 7 months unless nato moves in and escalates WW3 even further. That is my prediction. Maybe see you after christmas.

And you're right on one thing, we are all indoctrinated in one way or another. Life is a constant struggle to break free of that bombardment that starts at birth.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 02:06:10 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2024, 02:20:50 PM »

I'm happy to say I'm wrong when proven wrong. I'm hoping that you would offer me the same grace if I was proved right.

None of it is worth arguing personally with each other about and nothing I have opined is directly personally at you.

Ukraine total defeat in less than 7 months unless nato moves in and escalates WW3 even further. That is my prediction. Maybe see you after christmas.

And you're right on one thing, we are all indoctrinated in one way or another. Life is a constant struggle to break free of that bombardment that starts at birth.

I'm not offended.  I'm simply pointing out that a lot of what you are saying regarding this conflict has a very strong alignment with pro Russia IO.  If I was shown that my opinions were strongly aligned with one side then I would ask myself some questions about my sources as you are correct to say we are all being increasingly bombarded by someone version of the truth which rarely is the unvarnished truth.

You could be right if they don't get their draft squared away.  As long as they have had the men and equipment they have been holding their own.  The last few months they have been squeezed by a lack of both for different reasons.  Will they actually fold and lose the remaining 80% of their country?  I don't know but they are getting supplies now and they can improve recruiting if they have the will.  In the end, it's their fight as it's their country, homes and families who will suffer very severely when they are back under the Russian boot.

I personally think they will slowly continue to lose ground through the summer and then we will know more about whether or not they still want to fight.  If they do then it's fine by me to support them within reason as their fight is a much more worthy cause than many others.  If not then no support is necessary.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2024, 02:44:18 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2024, 02:48:49 PM »
I'm not offended.  I'm simply pointing out that a lot of what you are saying regarding this conflict has a very strong alignment with pro Russia IO.  If I was shown that my opinions were strongly aligned with one side then I would ask myself some questions about my sources as you are correct to say we are all being increasingly bombarded by someone version of the truth which rarely is the unvarnished truth.

You could be right if they don't get their draft squared away.  As long as they have had the men and equipment they have been holding their own.  The last few months they have been squeezed by a lack of both for different reasons.  Will they actually fold and lose the remaining 80% of their country?  I don't know but they are getting supplies now and they can improve recruiting if they have the will.  In the end, it's their fight as it's their country, homes and families who will suffer very severely when they are back under the Russian boot.

I personally think they will slowly continue to lose ground through the summer and then we will know more about whether or not they still want to fight.  If they do then it's fine by me to support them within reason as their fight is a much more worthy cause than many others.  If not then no support is necessary.

I'll definitely think about what you've said regarding my own brand of indoctrination. I like to think most of my opinions are arrived at through impartial observation. But no doubt we all get influenced everyday, every hour, and increasingly by fake AI generated spam.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.