Author Topic: After Careful and Lengthy Deliberation I Have Decided to...  (Read 1634 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: After Careful and Lengthy Deliberation I Have Decided to...
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2024, 04:55:07 PM »
You are small potatoes.   Sorry to break that to you.

I was expecting exactly something like that from you. Arrogant, selfish and rude. But every internet platform has self declared elite dunghill roosters, who enjoy mocking those, who they see as newcomers and less skilled. Tells something about self esteem. Or rather, lack of it.

Take care, you brave one.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 05:56:52 PM »
I was expecting exactly something like that from you. Arrogant, selfish and rude. But every internet platform has self declared elite dunghill roosters, who enjoy mocking those, who they see as newcomers and less skilled. Tells something about self esteem. Or rather, lack of it.

Take care, you brave one.

Well, at least you missed the point.   :aok

"I'm high but at least I'm fast." - Unstabilized Aporoach Joke
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2024, 06:01:04 AM »
Taking Flips spot since he got caught trying to get me unstuck?
WHAT??????   HMM, he isn't still in Squad, I have noticed.  Context? Something happened and Damned booted him? Ya Ya, I am a Simp,Sis!🤣   Eh? That doesn't jive with me.   Pretty sure Flipps dropped out because Vraciu joined?  Must be some 'Old School Beef', that I am not privileged to?  I seem to remember a bunch of animosity between Flipps and Vraciu?  Is what it is. Dang I hate I missed the Good Ole Days...for context :bhead :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2024, 06:10:37 AM »
Its a crying shame Mindy no longer plays, she was really good I bet she would want to join The New Damned  :salute
:rofl If you only knew :aok  I flew with her in UL Squadron(ULpink) and before..Squirter/Mindy. Chick was a great fight...we Dueled a bunch of times..even on same Country..who goes Poof first :rock  Mindy even helped me in the training of my Niece!  Dang I miss those days  :bhead ' Med School' and 'Have to work'...has robbed me of some fun times. Memories, however, last for ever
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 08:29:49 PM »
Just curious..

Is this the original “Damned”?
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2024, 10:09:04 PM »
Just curious..

The one and only.  Accept no substitutes.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2024, 10:50:35 PM »
Just curious..

Not the original, no. Most of them are playing DCS now, but I was flying with a few of them in here for a bit hence why I joined their squad. Skyyr started his own squad damned when he started. Many in the original squad were not too happy about that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2024, 11:52:49 PM »
Not the original, no. Most of them are playing DCS now, but I was flying with a few of them in here for a bit hence why I joined their squad. Skyyr started his own squad damned when he started. Many in the original squad were not too happy about that.

I was going to say,...I've known many of the originals since 90-ish. Most flew P-38s. I knew at least some had migrated.

Pretty low level antic. These best pilots ever? No chance.

I'd be POed too, but it seems that's in the design.

Not even worthy of acknowledgement.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2024, 02:37:52 AM »
Just curious..

We (myself and Kruel) were part of a group in Fighter Ace called "The Damned" (arguably the most famous in terms of winning competitions and dominating leaderboards, but that's irrelevant to this discussion). We came here and started up the same squad with the same name in 2013. I joined The Damned in FA back 2000/2001 and Kruel joined around 2004-2005, I believe.

There was never an attempt to troll or otherwise impersonate another squad. We had our own insignia (see my avatar), motto, website, everything. It was simply coincidence that another squad shared the name here in AH.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:51:12 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2024, 02:38:28 AM »
The gaming MMO equivalent of stolen valor.

Disgusting.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2024, 08:04:04 AM »
To the best of my recollection & knowledge:
The Damned (original version) formed in Air Warrior in the late 1980's when the sim was offered by way of GeNIE. The founder and CO was named Ptero.

At which point AW was available vis Gamestorm on AOL, (circa 1996)  the squad flourished in numbers. At which point AW was bought out by Electronic Arts (circa 2000 - 2001) who  quickly killed it off (AW3) there were approx. 90 - 100 active members of The Damned. The squad motto = "Damned if we do; no fun if we don't"

After AH1  transitioned from Beta, The (original) Dammed approached Hitech Creations and convinced Dale to drop the subscription price from $29.95 to $14.95. The forementioned 90  - 100 active Damned formed 3 sub squads due to the 32 member limitation. They originally settled in Nit land, which had low numbers at that time. (Rooks dominated) Some months later we (I was DamnedMax back then) transitioned to Bishops, who at the time, were the low number country on the Totem Pole.

Mortal squad rivalries included Arabian Knights, LTAR'S and MAW. CO's : DamnedEgger, DamnedSilat & TC.

Thanks for your attention...and now, back to the FUSS  :old:

Fun times, indeed.  :salute
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 08:06:07 AM by Max »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2024, 09:12:00 AM »
We (myself and Kruel) were part of a group in Fighter Ace called "The Damned" (arguably the most famous in terms of winning competitions and dominating leaderboards, but that's irrelevant to this discussion). We came here and started up the same squad with the same name in 2013. I joined The Damned in FA back 2000/2001 and Kruel joined around 2004-2005, I believe.

There was never an attempt to troll or otherwise impersonate another squad. We had our own insignia (see my avatar), motto, website, everything. It was simply coincidence that another squad shared the name here in AH.

Just fyi
The Damned didn’t start up in AH, it was in AW created in 88ish. 12 yrs prior.

There are Two AKs but not same titles.

Your Damned is not the one and only. Nor is AW created Damned a substitute. You would be considered a substitute. Highly skilled P-38 jockies. In 38s they would prolly stomp you both.

Pretty sure the Damned set their squad in AH in 99. I’m sure there was a squabble in 2000.

The AW then AH and now DCS based squad is a cherished name, so you both understand its going to draw negatives. Any old skewl players will view your Damned as a fraud. Some will think they are joining the original 1988 squad, they will feel duped.

This post was probably designed to cause drama. It seems to encompass you two.

To each their own. Not my monkey not my circus. Expect negative.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2024, 09:20:56 AM »
To the best of my recollection & knowledge:
The Damned (original version) formed in Air Warrior in the late 1980's when the sim was offered by way of GeNIE. The founder and CO was named Ptero.

At which point AW was available vis Gamestorm on AOL, (circa 1996)  the squad flourished in numbers. At which point AW was bought out by Electronic Arts (circa 2000 - 2001) who  quickly killed it off (AW3) there were approx. 90 - 100 active members of The Damned. The squad motto = "Damned if we do; no fun if we don't"

After AH1  transitioned from Beta, The (original) Dammed approached Hitech Creations and convinced Dale to drop the subscription price from $29.95 to $14.95. The forementioned 90  - 100 active Damned formed 3 sub squads due to the 32 member limitation. They originally settled in Nit land, which had low numbers at that time. (Rooks dominated) Some months later we (I was DamnedMax back then) transitioned to Bishops, who at the time, were the low number country on the Totem Pole.

Mortal squad rivalries included Arabian Knights, LTAR'S and MAW. CO's : DamnedEgger, DamnedSilat & TC.

Thanks for your attention...and now, back to the FUSS  :old:

Fun times, indeed.  :salute

Yup, this.

As far as the stolen valor charge goes:

How many iterations of "Tigers," "Cougars" or any other variant of big game cat names and logos permeate the sports world? Plenty is the answer. I played all the aforementioned sims and there were plenty of JG-XX's, Gunfighters, VF-XX's and all other cool names for squads all over the mmo landscape and most weren't related to each other in any way. They're just cool names to take when you're forming a squad. "Damned" is a cool name. I think George (Pterodactyl) Walsh originally chose Damned because his dad had something to do with VF-81 in real life back in the day. It's a really cool name and I'm glad Ptero chose it. I enjoy the legacy he and his Damned formed over the years and I'm proud I got to be a tiny, tiny piece of it.
I have no issue with there being another Damned out there, they have their legacy and we have ours. Do fans of the Clemson Tigers, Princeton Tigers or LSU Tigers get their teams, players and legacies mixed up? Nope. Are they able to cohabitate in the scene? Yup.
Stolen valor isn't the case at all here, It's a cool name in a video game.

Damned Xanax
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2024, 09:22:25 AM »
My info has The Damned starting in 1988...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2024, 09:24:54 AM »
Wasn't FA FA3 by then?

If I recall correctly it was sucking by then...and was the reason I started playing AH

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals