« on: May 03, 2024, 09:33:53 AM »
Make me a moderator so I can take out the trash please?  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Dale
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 09:42:11 AM »
Make me a moderator so I can take out the trash please?  :salute

Would you like me to report this post so he actually sees it?  :noid  :bolt: :neener:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 09:49:34 AM »
You mean you dont like to see the argument between a known cheater that was banned for cheating but still played using accounts that got around his ban and bragged about it, while also was recently caught red handed using shades on the boards to promote himself, and arguments from a different egotistical whackjob that thinks everything he says is right and anyone else who says different is claimed that they allow him to live rent free in their head while he controls their thoughts?

Must be desperate for sub money if people that bad are allowed to play
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 09:51:24 AM »

Would you like me to report this post so he actually sees it?  :noid  :bolt: :neener:
Absolutely
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 09:58:33 AM »
You mean you dont like to see the argument between a known cheater that was banned for cheating but still played using accounts that got around his ban and bragged about it, while also was recently caught red handed using shades on the boards to promote himself, and arguments from a different egotistical whackjob that thinks everything he says is right and anyone else who says different is claimed that they allow him to live rent free in their head while he controls their thoughts?

I understand your position, but this kind talk in an open public forum is not healthy nor productive to getting player subscriptions up. I'd like to change that.
Of coarse cheaters should be dealt with but that can't be done here. That has to come from the office. All this toxic banter does is throw an unfavorable and negative light on this game as a whole. Highlighting such allegations only makes matters worse. Can't y'all see that?
Getting this public forum back in shape would be a nice 1st step in that direction imo. Things went to hell after Skuzzy left.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:19:26 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 10:04:53 AM »

Joseph Goebbels for you on line 3...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 10:37:05 AM »
Were you here before Skuzzy showed up Uptown?

Things ran along fine, albeit it WAS the wild west in the forums pre Skuzzy, but the game grew at an incredible rate then, so laying off poor new player numbers on forum/in game arguments now that Skuzzy is gone, doesn't hold much water IMO.

While I'm sure Skuzzy meant well, the end result was losing as many, if not far more players due to his moderation than it kept, again IMO, due to people getting bent out of shape by being unjustly moderated in their eyes.  There were hundreds and hundreds of players who left directly because of what they felt was unfair moderation, that's provable by all those who said so on other forums who left here.  During the Skuzzy years, I don't recall ever seeing more than a small, very small handful who said they left because they heard some bad words or saw arguments not involving themselves (ie new players), and that if the game was properly moderated, they'd have stayed.  The reverse was true, again hundreds upon hundreds left not due to the game itself, but due to being moderated in one form or another in the forums and/or the MA.

I'm sure you mean well Uptown, even in Skyyr et al's case, but if you ban him, you need to also ban those who have argued with him, started arguments with him first, and responded to his initiations of arguments.  Based on the films I've watched Skyyr has been posting, there are more players initiating verbal combat with him, than he is beginning with them.  That's a fact, and it's provable by watching his films.

So, to be an impartial arbiter of the rules in the MA, to "take out the garbage", you'll be muting/kicking out a dozen plus players, maybe as many as a couple dozen from what I've seen recorded in about 20+ hours of films.  I'm not sure this game would survive that right now, it'd certainly drop the MA numbers by a significant and noticeable factor.

Are you ready to do that?  Or do you just want to moderate/ban Skyyr and Vraciu, and give everyone else involved a walk even though they've broken the same rules?  Skyyr's past actions aren't a factor, Dale wiped that and allowed him back into the game.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:49:43 AM by Gman »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 11:10:12 AM »
I understand your position, but this kind talk in an open public forum is not healthy nor productive to getting player subscriptions up. I'd like to change that.
Of coarse cheaters should be dealt with but that can't be done here. That has to come from the office. All this toxic banter does is throw an unfavorable and negative light on this game as a whole. Highlighting such allegations only makes matters worse. Can't y'all see that?
Getting this public forum back in shape would be a nice 1st step in that direction imo. Things went to hell after Skuzzy left.

You would have to moderate every single bit of the forum since every section of it is 100% public. Need full time mod, not one that shows up every couple of weeks and especially not one that is biased politically or towards certain players. In all honestly, this game isnt going to be like it used to. Unless something drastic brings in numbers like a total revamp of the cost of the subs or something like a free to play, numbers arent going to get better but will slowly continually decline. And since the game is developably dead with nothing new ever coming again, it's going to slowly die off without outside support since ht has no apparent interest or desire other then to keep the server up so the money rolls in
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 11:25:46 AM »
The solution is glaringly simple.

Simply add a political oriented comment to those forum threads you want to go away and Hitech will do his ZAP thing.

"Ukraine" is a pretty good starter <======== HINT

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 11:25:51 AM »

1) kudos for Uptown’s good intentions.
2) you need a mirror. Pot-Kettle
3) former players are a problem, they contribute nothing yet vomit everywhere
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 11:27:42 AM »
Right on Gman, I see what your saying. I too don't see anything fishy about Skydudes flying. I've watched him and flown against him. If I wasn't so rusty I could have sent him to the tower on a couple of occasions...matter of fact I did but got the assist...granted it took a Spixteen to do it. And that was day 2, so I'm not buying the cheating stuff either. Heck his K/D wasn't even 3.0 the last I looked! If I were a cheater or anyone for that matter, my K/D would be at least 10 to 1. I personally think his Track IR setting are his bread and butter. If you notice in his videos, he (SkyDude) rarely loses sight of his bandit. Good vision is key.

And no I wasn't here before Skuzzy. I came in about the time AoM's were terrorizing the BBS...SkyRock and all that crowd. It was bad then but not like now. Now something akin to dropping gear to shed E in the scissors is considered cheating now?  :uhoh God forbid a guy uses duel throttles in a 38  :bolt:

Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 11:28:51 AM »
The solution is glaringly simple.

Simply add a political oriented comment to those forum threads you want to go away and Hitech will do his ZAP thing.

"Ukraine" is a pretty good starter <======== HINT
:rofl

I was shocked when I seen some of the O'club threads I have to admit. I like to keep my distance from those threads at all cost  :bolt:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 11:32:17 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2024, 11:36:52 AM »
Dale has always seemed to have the "let the boys play" attitude. He has never seen like he likes restrictions and rules other than the basics that make the game work. In the old days this was fine as most players were new to internet gaming and most of those were here to PLAY. It was well established that if you wanted the type of conversations we seem to have these days you went to a "chat room" or a BBS that allowed that type of conversation (flamewarriors.net). AH never let it get too out of line. Normal ribbing and trash talk was allowed to a point and this is where MODs stepped in.

Today internet gamers are a different breed. They dont "trash talk" they bully, threaten and demean from the safety of their computers. Its in all games. Owners are caught between moderating, and possibly losing a subscription by chasing away the bully, or not moderating and chasing away the one being bullied. A no win situation.

Our game is a small nitch game, and today there are other options so it is  hard enough to keep the players we have. While I dont think our game is any worst than other games with the crap talk/bullying I dont think it is hurting it that bad as, unfortunately this is what gamers expect in a game these days anyway.

I wish that if Hitech doesnt want to be highly involved with the game as he use to that he would hire or appoint someone to keep an eye on things both here and in the game and report back to him weekly/monthly with a brief report of what going on. That way he doesnt have to spend the time he use to in game, but can still know whats going on. I dont know, maybe he is watching more than we think, but I doubt it as Im sure some things would have changed here or there.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2024, 11:40:24 AM »
I think some of the chest pounding threads in general discussion are more game damaging than threads in o'club on global current events...

I don't think I have experienced anything like it in my > 23 years here...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2024, 11:41:29 AM »
My thinking may have flaws. Just looked at the O'Club and not a whack stick to be found. Dale has abandoned ship.

Remember the 1965 move, "Battle of Bulge"?....when the flaming barrel of burning fuel was rolling towards the fuel depot?  Hee Hee  :banana: :bolt: