Author Topic: ENY  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2024, 06:31:18 AM »
Auto sode balance and an hour on side switches with auto balance taking priority keeping sides within one...

Sorry about your squad if it separates you guys for a bit

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2024, 08:59:40 AM »
Auto sode balance and an hour on side switches with auto balance taking priority keeping sides within one...

Sorry about your squad if it separates you guys for a bit

Eagler

Nah, I think forcing players to switch would run more players away.  Oddly enough, there are still several players that are loyal to a chess piece.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2024, 09:21:28 AM »
So you would rather people log out and return a few hours later than to have them in the arena the whole time?

With the current state of the game, I don’t try to “make” my own fun anymore. I log on, look for fights, and if there aren’t any I log. If a fight dies and I’m stuck on a country, I log. Anything over an hour is criminal anymore.

I do the same actually. Thing is, you still have to switch to the right team on the other side in hopes you changed to the team that needs help. Problem is, I think some of the better players switching to the losing fight every time will just kill that fight and those players will log or go back to the other side to fight.

I certainly wish players would fight both teams instead of both teams ganging one side. That is the big issue because even during primetime, like Saturday night, the knights had no one even attacking them. If everyone switched to the rooks/bish fight. It would just make ENY worse. I debated on switching to Bish or rook, but didn't really know who was winning the fight and I left. I don't necessarily believe that players switching every time the tide changes would keep more in the game, per say, but i do believe that 6 hours is a bit too long.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2024, 11:02:23 AM »
I think it was Friday night too. I log in, there 60 bish, 35 knit and 33 rooks or so. Both sides were attacking bish. Weren't defending against knights at all, so no fight for us, and no fight down south between knit and rooks at all. So you had a large dar between rooks and bish and that was it... I debated flying over there, but it's tough being the only outsider and you have to fly like an astronaut and try and make friendly with one side so they all dont jump you... It's just, at the end of the day, the players who make the gameplay fun and the map goes a long way for that too. The ganging one side thing is hurting the game more than anything along with all of the easy mode fighters and bombers in the sky. These Tu2s and B26s coming in a 13-16k are nearly impossible to kill and they sink the CV on one pass and it's GG for that fight.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 11:07:11 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2024, 12:30:33 PM »
There simply is not enough players anymore to make the ENY system work correctly or the way it was intended. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2024, 02:14:46 PM »
Nor the big maps..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2024, 03:43:28 PM »
I like the big maps.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2024, 04:54:06 PM »
Time for two sides with heavy ENY.

🔥
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2024, 05:11:57 PM »
I think that if people played the game less to get kills, and played to fight, things would escalate quickly.  When there is 30 people online and 15 are afk, another 14 hiding in a bush... I feel like 15 bones is alot to pay.

Nobody has a peepee big enough to fight from anything other than a 5k advantage.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2024, 10:49:36 PM »
You make your choices, live with them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2024, 05:30:53 AM »
Hitech, is there any way you would consider limiting ENY?  perhaps down to something like the P-51B level?  Flying Bish is fun, and my squad only flies Bish, so side swapping isn't done, but when we have the other two attacking us, and combined they have more numbers, it gets a little frustrating fighting high numbers with early war planes, no wirlbels, no ostwinds, etc.  Just a thought, but I hope you'll consider it.

Dieter
With Dieter on this. I know? DUH! You been flying his wing for 8 years  :rofl    Maybe even a slight adjustment to ENY Values for planes. Like a PERK FEE for planes P-51b era and above, once the P-51b ENY threshold has been reached?  It is a thing for 262s,F4-Cs, and others. Need to include GVs like this as well.   Tanks against Jeeps kills the ground game also just saying.  "So bish can do as they will..." @Banshee7?    Seems they do it with huge ENY already?  If this tweak happened, what would make this worse? There is enough bemoaning in game as it is, maybe this would act as a "paci".  All sides suffer time to time for sure. Being said....it gets frustrating trying to fight in EW planes against 190s, ponys ect....especially now that there are more runners than fighters. EH, still spend more time with you fellers, than actual blood kin  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2024, 10:43:08 AM »
This is Hitechs take on it years ago......

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361462.msg4811379.html#msg4811379

Now with the numbers down, are the oscillations as big? That is something only Hitech can check out.
Agreed that this really needs to take another look. Back then the numbers were 5x what they are today. IMO there should be no timer to side switch. I just don't see how doing so would impact negatively on gameplay.
ENY does its job. Remember a while back ENY was removed in which turned gameplay to a virtual cesspool.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2024, 12:18:10 PM »
Agreed that this really needs to take another look. Back then the numbers were 5x what they are today. IMO there should be no timer to side switch. I just don't see how doing so would impact negatively on gameplay.
ENY does its job. Remember a while back ENY was removed in which turned gameplay to a virtual cesspool.

TBH, we've seen how it can negatively impact gameplay over the last 4 months when a squad creates 2-3 names for each player so they can fight any side they want whenever and see the whole board and everyone's positions and log into another account and gain advantages from that.  You might say "summer did it", but this simply gave them a good excuse to go outside and enjoy it... I'm pretty saddened by the #s I've seen lately.

Is 6 hours too long, yes. Is switch whenever a good option? No. This is a war strategy game and there should be some push to keep that integrity.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2024, 04:57:25 PM »
Instead, it’s quite possible increasing ENY might encourage less lopsided gameplay. It’s certainly worth a try as it won’t bother those on the low side.

Double teaming happens to each side, it just depends on the time of day who the recipient is. Sometimes it even makes sense, the Rooks aren’t going to look for a furball on the Bishop side very often these days.
They're casting their bait over there, see?