Author Topic: Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya  (Read 803 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya
« on: May 21, 2024, 04:37:40 AM »
Eagle Dynamics has delayed the Phantom another day, ON the day of release.

Usual poor performance BS from them (I don't know if it's ED or Heatblur who really did it).

I don't pull any punches for their ineptitude regarding management of releases (or discounted early access pre-purchase con)... have at it! :airplane:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Hey Animl, got some ammo for ya
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 07:14:29 AM »
More proof DCS is dead?!  :bolt:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 07:40:09 AM »
I expect it will be a very good module, on par or better than Heatblur's other modules. I preordered months ago. Silly that some will be angry about an extra day delay.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 08:44:42 AM »
Eagle Dynamics has delayed the Phantom another day, ON the day of release.

Usual poor performance BS from them (I don't know if it's ED or Heatblur who really did it).

I don't pull any punches for their ineptitude regarding management of releases (or discounted early access pre-purchase con)... have at it! :airplane:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/1cx5uu9/listen_up_the_ed_coast_is_socked_in_with_rain_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

I felt a great disturbance in the force.  As if thousands of phanatics sat down with their coffee this morning (having calling in a sick day) to enjoy reveling in what they've waited so long for; only to have their hopes suddenly snuffed out when they opened their browser.

Don't pre-order kids.

Besides, where is my Kiowa?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 08:59:15 AM »
The FCR zoom will be yuge for the -64.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2024, 01:59:42 PM »
I expect it will be a very good module, on par or better than Heatblur's other modules. I preordered months ago. Silly that some will be angry about an extra day delay.

It's the extra day delay after the 2 month delay after the (vague) last year delay they're mad about.  :devil

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 02:03:24 PM »
It's the extra day delay after the 2 month delay after the (vague) last year delay they're mad about.  :devil

Word is this wasn't Heatblur's punt.

Always a slip between cup and lip.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2024, 02:54:18 PM »
It looks pretty amazing from the videos I've seen of it so far. I spent much time in the F-14 and after a while it got very comfortable. Hope to be able to do the same in the Phantom.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2024, 07:09:12 PM »

Its the principle of the matter
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2024, 09:10:30 PM »
Software is more intricate and complex than any non programmer or design engineer can understand. Heatblur saved Eagle Dynamics with their Tomcat imo. I preordered early, no complaints.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2024, 09:34:01 PM »
I don't know.  I see a lot more F-18s than F-14s, MP though.  I think a whole helluva lot more people stick to SP. 

You ever do an Auto Carrier landing in bad, blinding weather?  Doing that stands out as one of the more exciting experiences I ever had with the Tomcat, even a little literally scary being all tensed up waiting to drive into the backside of the boat.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2024, 09:46:48 PM »
I've tried carrier and land landings in all the worst weather in many aircraft. Most ended in spectacular fireballs. Weather can be a pilots greatest enemy.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 09:48:24 PM by AKIron »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2024, 07:44:09 AM »

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2024, 08:14:43 AM »
I don't know.  I see a lot more F-18s than F-14s, MP though.  I think a whole helluva lot more people stick to SP. 

You ever do an Auto Carrier landing in bad, blinding weather?  Doing that stands out as one of the more exciting experiences I ever had with the Tomcat, even a little literally scary being all tensed up waiting to drive into the backside of the boat.

Doesn't the F14 have ACLS with auto throttles? It's been many years since I've seen those lights on the nose wheel so it's a bit foggy.

I remember the F18 was supposed to be a big upgrade on the ACLS. (We had A6, F14, S3)

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2024, 08:16:13 AM »
Isn't there already a F4 in DCS? Why a remake of the same plane or did I miss something?