Author Topic: Combat Pilot - Flight Sim Expo 2024  (Read 491 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Combat Pilot - Flight Sim Expo 2024
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2024, 12:17:28 PM »
Animl, who else would I be referring to? You're the only one here with this instant clap back regarding every other sim. You like AH. Yeah we all get it. So we all really need to get beat over the head with that? All day? You really need to wake up to the fact, sad as it might be, that this game is dead as a doornail. I've supported it right down the line and continue to pay my sub, but I have no expectations of a comeback as you do. Probably as I've been here the whole time it's slid down the hill while you were away all of that time. The idea of players here being "skimmed" by other games/players/developers that you spout is just crazy town. That horse ran out of the barn over a decade ago. The internet grew. Games grew. New games will come out. People will check them out. It's like commanding the tide to reverse because you wish it. You just look silly. This isn't yours to fix amigo. It's up to HT and he's checked out a long while back. He's been through some rough times. I'm sure you can relate. You don't have that market cornered. Think he's earned a break? I sure do.

As for people investing in games. This weekend is the flight sim expo out in Vegas. There's been a lot of new products being announced for the niche flight sim community including combat pilot. So, somebody seems to be throwing a few bucks at these things. While YOU might not be interested in this stuff, there's a lot more that are. That is what it is. No changing it. No going back either.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2024, 02:26:54 PM »
The internet grew. Games grew.

HT was like a '49 who had some success panning for flakes back in the early days while fighting off indians.

Now the corporate miners have moved in with capital and machinery.

It probably costs very little to run the box in his closet.  So it might not completely go anywhere any time soon.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2024, 04:59:00 PM »
Animl, who else would I be referring to? You're the only one here with this instant clap back regarding every other sim. You like AH. Yeah we all get it. So we all really need to get beat over the head with that? All day? You really need to wake up to the fact, sad as it might be, that this game is dead as a doornail. I've supported it right down the line and continue to pay my sub, but I have no expectations of a comeback as you do. Probably as I've been here the whole time it's slid down the hill while you were away all of that time. The idea of players here being "skimmed" by other games/players/developers that you spout is just crazy town. That horse ran out of the barn over a decade ago. The internet grew. Games grew. New games will come out. People will check them out. It's like commanding the tide to reverse because you wish it. You just look silly. This isn't yours to fix amigo. It's up to HT and he's checked out a long while back. He's been through some rough times. I'm sure you can relate. You don't have that market cornered. Think he's earned a break? I sure do.

As for people investing in games. This weekend is the flight sim expo out in Vegas. There's been a lot of new products being announced for the niche flight sim community including combat pilot. So, somebody seems to be throwing a few bucks at these things. While YOU might not be interested in this stuff, there's a lot more that are. That is what it is. No changing it. No going back either.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Drano, we’ve been agreeing and disagreeing for 30 yrs. I refer back to my comment people read way too much into whatever I do ir say, and some of it is intensional. You seem to be  a little caught up in that.

I’m not asking nor expecting Dale to do anything.  More graphics means less in an arena. Which is where these new sims are. They can’t go full tilt graphics and large MP too.

All that sht said, I am NOT alone in hanging onto MP. Just read the counter arguments in the other thread. This crap, and yes I’ll call it that, thats it just me is pure nonsense. Anyone who says so is caught up in nonsense. When I stopped those ithers came out of the corner. Its just me is myth.

How many just now spoke about what I don’t like before I weighed in? Eaglet and Tumor fir two.

Stop giving me do much attention, I’m nothing I was 15 yrs ago, I stated so in my first post to insults.

No one is obligated to agree with me, what I do nor say. However there is.

But don’t tell me about my Utopia in my own game while others from another game insist their Utopia should be mine on our own bbs.

I’m not angry, but what you like doesn’t have to be what I like.

When AH dies, its not yet dead, then I will migrate to something that best meets my interest, or just bow out again.

Any sim with investors and subs is going to cost more and here’s why. I’ve been in entertainment industry 45 yrs so what follows is why using investors and subs make it harsh on the customer suck. Its a horrible combo for the end user.

I make a base pay of $55 hr. When a Vendor of gear hires me for labor and operating it he charges his client x3 to make profit off my labor. He’s charging their client $165hr for my labor.

So you can see why these new sims are over priced, or go under. Nick gGray and others painted themselves into a corner that’s going to catch up real fast with just one slow in sales. Its not if, its when. But struggle comes much faster in that setup.

The magic process is this, if I can’t get it kick started on my own I’m not playing with it.

None of this has anything to do with Combat sim. Its just global facts. Don’t hate me for exposing reality, which is why I’m most hated by formers. Their numbers don’t work because they glaze over them.

If I want to drag back 20-40 players to make the remainder of time a lil more fun, that’s on me, not you. Its my free time and effort.

A factor that sparks my interest in Combat, American made (because this is my country) and MP.  With Unreal engine anyone can make killer graphics, so now it comes down to visions, goals and price.

I figured out I didn’t like dcs many years ago, it has ZERO to do with AH. I may have DLed it yrs before you guys did. Like its first days out of the egg.

I do not miss 120 emails per day. I don’t like putting massive time into anything that burned me like EA.com did. I only need to be burned once. What I do for AH isn’t even a fraction of what I have done for AW. Not even same ballpark.

Stop over-thinking what I say or do. I don’t deserve nir want that attention anymore. I’m not the same status I once was. When I find a sim worth putting both feet in again, I’ll do that again.  So I’m looking at sims differently than you do.  Right now, in this status, I have more time to actually play i stead of test, and I’m digging it, for now.

AW 3 would not have happened had I not provided the tools Kesmai nor EA. Com would buy for them. Updated 3D Max version came from me. Tech support I kept free for both companies, new damage model was mine, sounds were mine, explosions were mine.

If Combat turns out to prove me wrong, I’ll OFFER both feet in.

I always say “I’d love to be wrong”

I’m not alone in saying PTO and no ETO is too narrow. BUT could be an ecinomical way to get it started as time is not on terrains.

Lets just cross fingers and hope I’m wrong.

APOLOGIZE FOR WOT. Just burned out on others intensionally misreading me.

If Combat turns out there will e foot prints on your back as I run over you to get there.

:)

PEACE bro

Its industry wide. So. When sn investor wants returns that’s the route a subcontractor will take.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2024, 06:36:07 PM »
A sober Animl is my favorite Animl, great post  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2024, 05:19:46 AM »

Don't know IL2 well enough.

Just FYI, IL-2 store has sales on.       :bolt:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2024, 07:02:14 AM »

Hey man good looking out, just completed my Collector Planes on the cheap  :rock
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2024, 09:16:27 AM »
A sober Animl is my favorite Animl, great post  :aok

Even with my thumbs posting text from a phone? Ha!

I will add that Dale takes undue bashing. Over 25 yrs mistakes WILL be made.

What Dale was very smart about, among other things behind the curtain brilliance, is he intensionally kept graphics down to allow many in the MA. He found a honey spot
Its not a mistake, its not subpar, its how you get massive multiplayer to work. Ya have to sacrifice.

If he decides to go full blown Unreal I think I can safely assume the MA MAY need to shrink.

HT is also self contained. Another brilliant move.

So you decide what you like best, intense graphics or MP MA. Its very hard to have both.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 09:36:16 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2024, 10:04:14 AM »

:aok

Thanks.  I'll check, but I think I may own all the modules.  I remember going hog wild on a sale at the start of lock-down.

But I only barely played any of them.  I need to go give them another chance.  Got fascinated by helicopters instead and forgot about IL2.

Not really IL2's fault.  At that point I was just tired of more WWII fixed wing.  However after some time to reset my palette, I have been dabbling adding back some WWII. 
IL2 is certainly a better "game" than DCS WWII, at the moment, I just don't know if I could settle for anything less than the feel of flight in DCS, even if it it is not as good as a "game".

I might squeeze in anther eval of IL2 while waiting for the new DCS PTO warbirds coming maybe end of the year. 

In the meantime, I have my Kiowa. ;)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 10:06:18 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2024, 08:05:25 AM »