Author Topic: While I’m wishing…  (Read 2416 times)

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: While I’m wishing…
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2024, 08:17:18 PM »
Resupplying towns while players are actively trying to take the base is an easy way to defend a base while avoiding combat at the same time. It just seems extra cheesy.

This.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2024, 11:37:46 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of a base during ww2 that was actually vultched?

Where fighters had impunity to destroy any upping defensive aircraft?

I don't think it happened often it at all...

Runways need hardened if not indestructible ack..maybe manned if auto even more accurate than ack now imo

Vultching should be much harder

Eagler

Well, they also didn’t have unlimited lives either.

Chuikov

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2024, 03:43:17 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of a base during ww2 that was actually vultched?

Where fighters had impunity to destroy any upping defensive aircraft?

I don't think it happened often it at all...

Runways need hardened if not indestructible ack..maybe manned if auto even more accurate than ack now imo

Vultching should be much harder

Eagler

attack on Hawaii.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2024, 05:33:41 PM »

attack on Hawaii.

semp

Clark and 4 other airfields in the Philippines the following day. I think most of the P-40's at Clark were destroyed on the ground while some actually got airborne.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2024, 05:54:53 AM »
Surprise attacks...any other time?

With unlimited lives it should be even tougher than real life imo..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2024, 11:06:05 AM »
Surprise attacks...any other time?

With unlimited lives it should be even tougher than real life imo..

Eagler

I agree it should be tougher to take bases. Maybe up the amount of tonnage and strafing it takes to bring down a building or object by a third or more. However, I also think the auto anti-aircraft fire should almost be as dangerous to defenders as it is to attackers. It's uncanny how a gunner can differentiate enemy Spit9's from friendly Spit9's. The defender planes need to actually come out to defend a base rather than the base defend them with the "Iron Dome" in place now.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2024, 12:25:59 PM »
I agree it should be tougher to take bases. Maybe up the amount of tonnage and strafing it takes to bring down a building or object by a third or more. However, I also think the auto anti-aircraft fire should almost be as dangerous to defenders as it is to attackers. It's uncanny how a gunner can differentiate enemy Spit9's from friendly Spit9's. The defender planes need to actually come out to defend a base rather than the base defend them with the "Iron Dome" in place now.

As someone who spends most of their time on jabo I would love if it was harder to pork bases and take out hangers.

I can take out two VH’s or other hangers with one fully loaded P47. Not sure if that is right or not.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2024, 09:53:56 AM »
I agree it should be tougher to take bases. Maybe up the amount of tonnage and strafing it takes to bring down a building

Especially considering 1 M4 loaded with 97HE rounds and 60 rockets can single-handedly deack and white flag a town in 5 minutes or so.
Tours 86 - 296

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2024, 09:24:19 AM »
I agree it should be tougher to take bases.
I actually disagree. I think it’s just about right. I just think field supplies are creating an imbalance and discouraging combat.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2024, 10:29:57 AM »
I think the issue here is the problem with the feet dry spawns and not so much the general resupply. I do agree when teams get CVs at feet dry spawns, it is almost impossible to capture is pretty lame.

Most will find that players choose to resup when strats are at 100%. It generally stops once factories are hit
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2024, 06:54:25 PM »
I think the issue here is the problem with the feet dry spawns and not so much the general resupply. I do agree when teams get CVs at feet dry spawns, it is almost impossible to capture is pretty lame.

Most will find that players choose to resup when strats are at 100%. It generally stops once factories are hit
The feet dry thing is straight up trash and should’ve already been fixed. Resup as a whole just needs to be eliminated or severely nerfed.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2024, 01:34:27 PM »
Resupplying towns while players are actively trying to take the base is an easy way to defend a base while avoiding combat at the same time. It just seems extra cheesy.

It also sucks that you can drop supplies 1k out of town and the town is instantly resupplied, yet troops take ages to get to a specific point in the town.  If not making it where you can't resupply with enemies in the dar ring (air or ground), what about a specific drop point for supplies?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2024, 04:26:10 PM »
Some supplies are essential and should be delivered in any situation.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2024, 04:38:37 PM »
Some supplies are essential and should be delivered in any situation.

(Image removed from quote.)

Is this my sign I need a tank????  :rofl
Tours 86 - 296

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2024, 10:56:30 AM »
It also sucks that you can drop supplies 1k out of town and the town is instantly resupplied, yet troops take ages to get to a specific point in the town.
I'd like to see this 1k distance go away, and force resup's into town. Don't air drops have to be over town?