Author Topic: and the ford pinto was bad?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: and the ford pinto was bad?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2024, 12:26:51 PM »
Electric trucks being charged in the 1930s.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2024, 12:37:27 PM »
America is just way too big for electric today..

Might work in the small towns/countries of England and Europe but not here imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2024, 02:02:42 PM »
Although wife wife has a cell, I refuse to carry one!
Over the course of 33-35 yrs, I was on call 24/7 and in order carried a beeper, then a pager, then a laptop and then an early smart phone (a treo).
This included vacations and holidays.
I don't want to have ANYBODY to be able to get hold of me unless I want to talk to them and screen even the calls on my land line!
 :noid
Ram
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2024, 03:42:05 PM »
Over the course of 33-35 yrs, I was on call 24/7 and in order carried a beeper, then a pager, then a laptop and then an early smart phone (a treo).
I don't want to have ANYBODY to be able to get hold of me unless I want to talk to them and screen even the calls on my land line!
Ram

:aok

I have one.  Don't know the number. Confident it's not charged.  I could charge it, if I could find it.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2024, 10:03:58 AM »
My cell phone holds a charge a long time. I'm rarely on it. I spend more time texting the grandkids than anything else and also refuse to answer it unless I know the number and who is calling. IMO if the call is important they will leave a message. If it is a robo or sales call that left a message, then I block the number of who called.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2024, 10:18:22 PM »
Ram

I've been on call for 15 yrs,... this phone is going to the dumpster when I retire. New phone new number,... evaporation mode

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2024, 06:00:52 AM »
Scca’s GT pinto class often raced with the GT-3 racers.   
At turn 9 at summit point on the first lap, it was porsche, mazda, bmw cars in the top 10 places.

They came by on lap three and an aggressive pack of pintos who started at the rear was quickly working their way through to the front. 

Sure they came with firestone 500s and a suspect fuel tank. 

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2024, 12:54:52 PM »
Ford fixed the pinto issues by simply putting a rubber connector on the fuel tank filler pipe. Before the fix it would shear off and cause a fire.

Not all ev’s and hybrids use lithium battery’s,Toyota uses a nickel- metal-hydrate battery as does Lexus. I opted for a non-hybrid RX as it uses regular gas and not premium as is required in the hybrid. Plus the hybrid was 10k over MSRP and had a 6 month wait time. They do offer a plugin hybrid version now but again the payback difference is too much and would take me about 20 years to break even.

<S>

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2024, 07:10:25 PM »
Toyota uses Lithium as well.