Author Topic: Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels
« on: July 21, 2024, 08:03:30 PM »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Skyyr vs Eagler 1v1 Duels
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 02:13:40 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 05:54:55 AM »
Thanks for the fights Sky!

Let me know when you want to go again, you would not stop whining about me and da..

I wasn't expecting a different result including the posting of the film here and yt

See you in ma btwn 8 and 9 when you hunt me down again there as usual and to listen to your unending crying when I or someone else gets a lucky shot  and downs you lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 06:49:17 AM »
Thanks for the fights Sky!

Let me know when you want to go again, you would not stop whining about me and da..

I wasn't expecting a different result including the posting of the film here and yt

See you in ma btwn 8 and 9 when you hunt me down again there as usual and to listen to your unending crying when I or someone else gets a lucky shot  and downs you lol

Eagler

I was watching one of these fights last night. As long as you have been playing Eagler it was surprising to see you fall for the rope-a-Dope move. But you just followed him straight up to the top anyway.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2024, 07:10:04 AM »
I was watching one of these fights last night. As long as you have been playing Eagler it was surprising to see you fall for the rope-a-Dope move. But you just followed him straight up to the top anyway.

Me too lol

I have learned much from his fights..one one which is not to show up lower than he is which is very time consuming to do each sortie

Some of us don't play the game for hours on end, we might have a life

He has a crush on me lately so if you want to find him btwn 8 and 9 nightly, except for mnm, just find me

He is a great fight but his whining when he does finally die and the childish comments of his opponents when he wins can't be healthy for the game imo

:cheers:

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2024, 08:11:41 AM »
I have learned much from his fights..one one which is not to show up lower than he is which is very time consuming to do each sortie

I’m willing to bet at least 75% of his sorties are 7-8k or below. Blame the alt monkeys for any sortie above that.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2024, 09:08:39 AM »
I’m willing to bet at least 75% of his sorties are 7-8k or below. Blame the alt monkeys for any sortie above that.

Not when he switches simply to harrass players mid sortie. He always comes in atleast 12-15k to make sure they don't have an alt advantage over him.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 09:12:46 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2024, 09:10:27 AM »

Yes but when you are trying to take off ...

More than enough for the advantage in his k4, la7 or 152

But as they films show I suck so bad I can't kill him when I have his 6 and speed advantage ..

In the 20 something years I have been here, sky is unique in his abilities and his whining  :joystick:

If his dominance makes his day I am all for it as it sounds like he truly needs it...

Eagler

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2024, 10:20:56 AM »

Eagler has not been professing to be the best pilot ever in sims. He’s been unrelentlessly challenged and harassed.

I was sucked into a RaD too, had I had 3 seconds more of speed he would have been dead on the flip. It wasn’t a mistake to follow him up as it was just that close. He flipped and instantly got a HO shot.  It was a very close call.

Eagler went to DA not as challenging Skyyr but to stop the constant trolling him.

Frankly, if Eagler’s kill is that important, it means he is in fact something to contend to. A benchmark.

Quite frankly again, the DA proves very little, its boxing, what one does in a street fight proves more

Skyyr IS good, no one contest that. But he dies relentlessly harass specific players, then moves on to thr next target.

2 situations, Skyyr flew with zero evasion, never saw a player sit themselves in my sites for so long so pretty. He was dispatched, the last time I only got an assist.

Point being, I can see exposing a condescending player, but to harass someone as quiet and honorable as Eagler id kinda repulsive.

Eagler is far from a condescending bragger. I’ve seen Eagler kill Skyyr followed by a salute, then the excuses flowed like melted butter refusing to salute back. Class is in order. He got bullied for being honorable.

Skyyr is a great shot
His ACM is good
His sportsmanship is poor.

I could post a vid of me killing Skyyr, doesn’t mean I’m great, means I won that specific fight. Doesn’t mean he can’t kill me. Everyone kills everyone.

In duels, I prefer films iver video. Not sure why the diversion.

Moral of story; If you’re in a Skyyr video, you’re a worthy opponent. Its the western gunfighter mentality.

Bit really, pickin on Eagler <smh>

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2024, 10:48:43 AM »
Quote from: Animl-AW link=topic=409573.msg5428371#msg5428371

Stuff

Imagine someone constantly whines about HO's, then you fight them only to find out all they do is 90% HO's.

Then imagine said person complains about a lack of skill in the MA, only to find out said player flies the #1 best 1v1 plane in the game 95% of the time and still can barely hold a 1.0 k/d, ganging at every opportunity.

Now imagine said person claims to know why a certain player does something, only to then PM said player after the fact and ask for help and explanations to something they already said they knew. Then imagine the same person then comes back and claims that their original assertion is correct after the fact.

Far too often we go by what's said openly, without actually looking at what happens.

If I actually find someone a challenge, I wouldn't be posting their fights. I've gotten far better fights with Banshee than with anyone in this thread. Most of my films that I post are for emphasis. In fact, most DA challenges that are thrown down by me aren't a question of results, I throw them down because I know exactly how they'll end.

If someone actually has skill and ability, I'd rather fight them in the MA because they're a genuine challenge. It's the players who profess to be about skill, but exhibit hypocritical flying and behavior, that usually get the DA challenge.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2024, 11:28:12 AM »
Lol

When did I ever say I had any skill in this game?

That's something from your paranoid brain

I do find you unique in my time in this game ...

Does this mean your nightly switching to hunt me down are over?

I mean if I suck that bad why bother?

Notice I haven't mentioned your gaming the game with ur kill the engine trick?

Not sure why you do it as it is not needed most times

See you Tuesday night in ma, should I just announce the base I launch from to save you some time?

:cheers:

Eagler

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2024, 11:35:19 AM »

Notice I haven't mentioned your gaming the game with ur kill the engine trick?

Not sure why you do it as it is not needed most times

If it doesn't help, why does it bother you?

If it does help and you think it is a FM flaw, isn't your argument with HTC, not Skyrr?

If Skyrr's KD was 1:1 or below, would anything he does be seen as an issue?  And isn't that the core crime he has committed?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 11:46:17 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2024, 11:41:16 AM »
Engine off?  :rofl

HTC says it does nothing, testing by 3rd parties claims engine off does nothing. Odd complaint brah.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2024, 11:55:00 AM »
Bra not complaining just mentioning your miraculous flying technique lol

Eagler

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2024, 11:55:53 AM »
Bra not complaining just mentioning your miraculous flying technique lol

So are you saying engine shutdown  does or does not help?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.