Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8576 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2024, 03:17:17 PM »
You guys have your BMT group photo? You can find most of them here, enlisted. The month is the month you graduated, not enlisted. Mine's there, I provided them the pic.

https://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/

Ooofffff.  I'm in there somewhere.  Sept 88 I think.

I started trying to look but triggered my PTSD. ;)

In fact, I was laughing because just the other night I had a reoccurring nightmare.

I get this call and they are telling me there was a snafu with my paperwork and I actually have to go back into the military and go back through BMT.  I need to report in a week. 
I'm like, "You'll have to hunt me down and kill me first." ;)

I get that dream at least once a year.  and have since mid 90's.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2024, 03:25:22 PM »
I got out after my first enlistment (and 23 month extension to crosstrain). 2 years and 3 months later I went back in. Asked the recruiter if I'd have to go back through basic training. He said incredulously "would you?". I didn't. Keep my rank, lost my time in grade.

Air Force just started up the Warrant Officer program. After ditching it over 60 years ago.

No, they won't be flying jets.  ;)

https://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/Portals/20/Flight%20Photograhs/1970s/1973/90%20-%20October/220609-F-AJ897-255.jpg?ver=lgHav2yhiwabdpCFO9vj3g%3d%3d
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 03:33:25 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2024, 03:57:53 PM »
TrackIR has many advantages over using keys/buttons to control your view but using the gun sight is not one of them. In TrackIR if I move my head away from center in alignment with the "HUD" I can lose sight of the sight. If you aren't using TrackIR or VR then you can move your physical head, not virtual, anywhere and still see the sight lined up on a target.

I switched to TrackIR over the summer. I still struggle with slight head movements right as I go for a shot.  It’s definitely a learning curve of its own.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2024, 03:58:45 PM »
I switched to TrackIR over the summer. I still struggle with slight head movements right as I go for a shot.  It’s definitely a learning curve of its own.

Do you have a dead zone?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2024, 04:28:34 PM »

The F9 key can be your friend. The Voice Attack App comes in handy too.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2024, 04:47:12 PM »

Same same. I have F9 mapped to a button my stick but I think I'd be better off being better at controlling my head movements-especially right after tracking a dude and finally getting him lined up. In the 2 million hours I've watched Skyyr's vids, I don't think I've noticed him having to re-center with F9 ever. If he does, he isn't enough off center or kilter for me to notice. I definitely get off center in my head movements while dying....errr.....flying. I utilize a tiny dead zone as well but I'd rather not need it.
I just need more time with it.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Pluto

• Nickel Member
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2024, 06:31:09 PM »
I wish SAAMIAM was here to join this discussion. I would like to know his take on the situation.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2024, 06:56:54 PM »
Just for you Animl.

Gyro Gunsight:

Not a gyro gunsight:

Thanks for taking the time

I don't have a vid or time, but I've had a sight act SIMILAR to what you define as a gyro, obviously Skyyr too.
Since I wasn't a pilot, except crop dusting a few times with my cousins neighbor, Skyyr's and one I had, I'm ignorant to what else sight's would be labeled. It does get vertical movement.

There's some light graphic "tricks" that SEEM to get more movement. Patterns seems to be, the larger sight color, the more stationary, the system ignores black. The"Not a gyro" sight has a large color graphic, so it will be more just side to side. At least in my experience. Why a red dot will move more, vertical and horizonal

SO best I can call it is gyro simulation. The sight will help you lead some shots, the person I got mine from said that's why it was made. And it does seem to work.

Both sights you have are the same I've been using, but modified, with a red center dot so i can see it better, same sight in MotA vid, but I resize it, until it's what I like.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 07:00:22 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2024, 09:41:17 PM »
I'm not sure what you are saying. I don't think Aces High has a gyro gunsight. The video Skyyr posted showed the normal movement associated with TrackIR. You can recreate that without TrackIR by moving left and right in your seat. Moving, not rotating. There is no advantage to this. Implying otherwise makes one look foolish.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2024, 09:49:40 PM »
That's not to say Skyyr isn't cheating by using the force, maybe time traveling, or letting an AI fly his plane. It isn't evident in his video though.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2024, 10:24:55 PM »
I'm not sure what you are saying. I don't think Aces High has a gyro gunsight. The video Skyyr posted showed the normal movement associated with TrackIR. You can recreate that without TrackIR by moving left and right in your seat. Moving, not rotating. There is no advantage to this. Implying otherwise makes one look foolish.

Tellin ya it can move without tracker, I had one, so did other. Its an red ball

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2024, 10:25:51 PM »
Tellin ya it can move without tracker, I had one, so did other. Its an red ball

You clearly don't understand the game limits.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2024, 10:26:40 PM »
That's not to say Skyyr isn't cheating by using the force, maybe time traveling, or letting an AI fly his plane. It isn't evident in his video though.

Got called a cheater tonight by RotBaron, after he and Animl failed to get me. Apparently he neither understands the icon system nor how it works.

https://youtu.be/JXVfvGGlX1I

Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2024, 10:27:47 PM »
I never said sny if the above, ya just put words in my mouth. I also stated do. You don’t seem to know what you’re talking about

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2024, 10:32:11 PM »
Got called a cheater tonight by RotBaron, after he and Animl failed to get me. Apparently he neither understands the icon system nor how it works.

https://youtu.be/JXVfvGGlX1I

Dude, get a life. You’re so damn fragile. You were HOun several people tonight. You luve uf a different reality. Ill post mine too because I’ll gain 3”.

Seriously. Get some help

I’m going to make s mintage of your constant HOs