Author Topic: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2024, 09:06:52 AM »
I get your point. It seemed odd, that Skkyr was even brought up in this thread.   Yes Sir...."A lot of flaming goin on around house"!   Why though? That is what I don't understand :bhead    This is a game!  I get it, this "game" seems to form Family type bonds. Heck, I spend more time with you fellers, than I do with actual Blood relatives.  :old:  I mean, how can you and I swap paint...we have collided, HO'd each other, ran(extended lol)from each other, even dove to ack because of each other...yet never a cross word nor accusation between us? Same for all guys I mentioned.   Maybe it is because I am newer to game? Maybe because I don't talk on 200?  I honestly dont understand.   I have asked Skyyr on many occasions, "how did you do, what you did."?   Without fail...he informed me.  Yes...guy has an ego. We all do! Animal, I even film our run ins....and learn from them.   You dont even claim to be 1/2 decent player  :aok

Well, you fit the brotherhood as much as those I’ve known for decades, a fine changing of the guards. You have the good attitude that there’s always bigger fish to fry. And I think that’s correct. People who suffer great losses have been humbled in how they view the world. They tend to not take things for granted and try to keep all things in good order.

Gaming has changed since I started. Its all about being “the God” , instead of preserving friends and keeping it healthy by playing with honor, being humble to those they percieve as lessor than them.

Today many grew up through divorce type things, way more so than in my time that has passed. The pain conditioned many to the concept that everything, everyone, is disposable. Then we have arrogant others where life has just not F-ed them YET, humble is undiscovered.

IMO, all of it, the closeness and family type club is right here. Take care of it. Water your plants, value your friends, its always good to make friends. Because a day WILL come when the list grows vacant.

The people I have met in this 3D sim world, no matter how competitive and disagree. We’ve been around each other for decades and guve a rats ars if hard times strike them. They are extended family. The hardest thing about getting old is watching everyone go before you.

I don’t get angry out of hatred, its more like smacking someone out of it as they grow irrational, the shock slap of reality.

One day after a long hiatus, I passed by and looked in the window. I saw old friends and acquaintances still sitting at the table chatting over coffee. Good memories flash by. So I joined them. I’ll get the coffee or drink. And then a green horn yells from the corner, “ shut it old man!”. We just pan around the table at each other and shake our heads. Think about this. When I/we started I was 28, I/we are now 65, we’ve made some memories good, bad, all now funny.

Like all generations, we try to give the younger the shortcut, instead of learning the hard way, like we did. Once in a while one gets it. The unfortunate part about life, there will always be the ones very bitter about life, everyone must be as angry as them.

The best line I can close with is…
“…what we have here,… is FAILURE to communicate,…”

Think about this
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 09:13:41 AM by Animl-AW »

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2024, 04:21:28 PM »
If your looking for Mixed Martial Arts fighting then you have to be prepared as a kick to the head is a valid tactic.

Playing a video game, anything goes, but as a player who looks for fights I fly a bit more on the "realistic" side. Sure they HOed in real life, but Im sure it was far fewer times than you see in the game. Why would a person gamble his life on a position where the enemy could kill him in anything other than desperation? In the old days thats the way we played it, we were all pretending to be WWII fighter pilots. Score and racking up kills wasn't important. Winning the fight was.

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2024, 04:46:11 PM »
In the old days thats the way we played it, we were all pretending to be WWII fighter pilots. Score and racking up kills wasn't important. Winning the fight was.

If the majority tried to emulate WWII fighter pilots, this "game" would have died a long long time ago.  Ego didn't take precedence over Mission in WWII... mostly.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann