Author Topic: Now that ‘YKH’ is gone…  (Read 240 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Now that ‘YKH’ is gone…
« on: Yesterday at 03:01:05 PM »
Now that he’s gone; it has been said folks who got his help benefited from some of his skills.
I wasn’t in that group and sort of believe this  :old:  :joystick:  has seen his best days and isn’t dedicated enough to improve much, although just flying more would do that, and I was a wondering….
What did YKH teach you that made you better in Aces High?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Now that ‘YKH’ is gone…
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:17:18 PM »
Landings are not part the equation.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:41:10 PM »
Now that he’s gone; it has been said folks who got his help benefited from some of his skills.
I wasn’t in that group and sort of believe this  :old:  :joystick:  has seen his best days and isn’t dedicated enough to improve much, although just flying more would do that, and I was a wondering….
What did YKH teach you that made you better in Aces High?

I thought I was fairly smooth with my controls, not the "yanking fool" I was when I started, but after watching his YouTube videos I saw that I wasnt even close.....yet. I have been working on flying smoother. Between scaling (which YKW said wouldnt help) and just working at being smooth I find that it is easier to fight many fights as Im not fighting MY plane as well as the other guys.

And patience. Between him and "nrshida" being patient and waiting for the shot instead of forcing a shot is a whole new world.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 05:55:52 PM »
I thought I was fairly smooth with my controls, not the "yanking fool" I was when I started, but after watching his YouTube videos I saw that I wasnt even close.....yet. I have been working on flying smoother. Between scaling (which YKW said wouldnt help) and just working at being smooth I find that it is easier to fight many fights as Im not fighting MY plane as well as the other guys.

And patience. Between him and "nrshida" being patient and waiting for the shot instead of forcing a shot is a whole new world.

I took advice that HT gave to someone here, forgot who unfortunately, and mapped the trigger to my throttle for a different sim. It really seemed to help. Do I still suck? Absolutely but my hit % seemed a bunch better. I'm gonna give it try over here as well.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:29:38 PM »
Hope all his shade and multi accounts were banned also. Also who is taking bets on how long before he comes back under a new shade and starts again.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 06:36:07 PM »
BBS has been more civil and quieter so far anyway. Let’s hope ALL THE PEOPLE that were making it a cess pool have also been shown the door.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:40:53 PM »
Just have fun and let it go...ffs

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:49:59 AM »
Lazerr, 10 months of near constant berating, belittling and harassing dozens of members of the community and game probably should allow for more than a couple days. There are players who likely don’t know yet…

I know of at least two players who lurk here and never comment but they look maybe once a month…

I learned zero from him other than tactics to counter being specifically hunted, none of which I ever had to use before and hopefully won’t again. It’s not the same at all as knowing Joker or Kamurogi will recognize you when you up to defend, they will stay with their base capture objective.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #8 on: Today at 04:20:51 AM »
BBS has been more civil and quieter so far anyway. Let’s hope ALL THE PEOPLE that were making it a cess pool have also been shown the door.

<eye roll>