Author Topic: apropo for times  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: apropo for times
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2024, 10:15:54 AM »
name a state where it's legal to shoplift.
semp

In a situation like this there are 2 terms that become relevant. They are latin terms used in legal situations. They are de jure  and de facto.

In the case of shoplifting, yes, every state has a law stating it is illegal to steal from a store etc. That is de jure.

There are also states that modified the law regarding shoplifting making a prosecution or even stopping the act virtually impossible. That is also de jure.

Those states therefor, have in reality removed any threat or fear of prosecution for the theft as long as you stay below an arbitrary limit of value / money lost in the theft. That makes the act of shoplifting now "legal" in fact or de facto. The victims of the theft have no recourse and there is no prevention possible, particularly when stopping the thief may involve a physical conflict and injury to the thief, who can press charges for assault against the loss prevention person.

In short, yes the act is still illegal by strict definition of the statute. (de jure) Without any option to prosecute or prevent it becomes not illegal. (de facto) There are very many video's posted showing the act of theft and the store personnel having to stand clear and allow it to occur. Proof of de facto legalization of the theft.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 10:17:44 AM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Online RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2024, 11:16:02 AM »
In a situation like this there are 2 terms that become relevant. They are latin terms used in legal situations. They are de jure  and de facto.

In the case of shoplifting, yes, every state has a law stating it is illegal to steal from a store etc. That is de jure.

There are also states that modified the law regarding shoplifting making a prosecution or even stopping the act virtually impossible. That is also de jure.

Those states therefor, have in reality removed any threat or fear of prosecution for the theft as long as you stay below an arbitrary limit of value / money lost in the theft. That makes the act of shoplifting now "legal" in fact or de facto. The victims of the theft have no recourse and there is no prevention possible, particularly when stopping the thief may involve a physical conflict and injury to the thief, who can press charges for assault against the loss prevention person.

In short, yes the act is still illegal by strict definition of the statute. (de jure) Without any option to prosecute or prevent it becomes not illegal. (de facto) There are very many video's posted showing the act of theft and the store personnel having to stand clear and allow it to occur. Proof of de facto legalization of the theft.

Don't expect a response.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2024, 11:18:55 AM »
Don't expect a response.

Other then "you didnt answer my question because you didnt specifically name a state"
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2024, 12:12:19 PM »
Some think it's not shoplifting but a weird form of owed reparations...have actually heard that stated by the shoplifters

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Online RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2024, 05:44:55 PM »
Some think it's not shoplifting but a weird form of owed reparations...have actually heard that stated by the shoplifters

Eagler

When the state's they live in pound that into their heads ... 
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2024, 07:14:26 PM »
Being from Chicago area and seeing it, I can’t agree more. Disgusting.

The fun part, they come to Indiana thinking its the same way here, its not, we throw an army at them, OR they go home in s body bag. Many did. Their choice, we deliver.

I don’t know anyone in IN who doesn’t own a gun. They thought they would bring their march here and smash and grab. Every store owner was on their roof with a rifle. Never seen so many low lifes suddenly act so proper like right quick.

3 yrs ago between Jan - April, just in my area. 153 stolen car chases, 90% were from Chitcago, 80% caught. We throw 15 squads, a hele, and swat after them. IL can’t chase there nor into here, but we can chase into IL whimp land. we chased and caught them all the way into Chicago.

IN is vicious, and i love it. Our cops love that stuff. Shoplifting? We throw the whole PD at them. We’re proud of them
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 07:22:46 PM by Animl-AW »
Aces High Tech Hanger
https://animl-aw.com/

Masters of the Air Scenario Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiA2yMiZf0&ab_channel=Animl

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2024, 08:58:59 PM »
Don’t get caught in the wrong holler here… just saying.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2024, 10:29:02 PM »
Vigilante justice... like the old testament says partner. Steal a loaf - get a bullet.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2024, 07:58:37 AM »
Vigilante justice... like the old testament says partner. Steal a loaf - get a bullet.

Cool! Does your Neanderthal newsletter offer free subscriptions?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2024, 10:01:43 AM »

Free? are you kidding me? Have you seen the price some fat guy is charging for NFTs?
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2024, 10:54:35 AM »

I’m not familiar with that passage.  Mind showing me?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2024, 05:11:04 PM »
Speaking of bullets.

Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2024, 05:40:04 PM »
Speaking of bullets.

how many guns at that high-school.  never got fired and only dropped once.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2024, 05:40:36 PM »
Permitless Carry

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/concealed-carry-in-florida/

Throw in the fear for your life law and anyone with half a brain thinks twice

Or you can have a Chicago..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2024, 05:48:50 PM »
That pesky US Constitution. Always getting in the way of tyranny.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.