Author Topic: ENY - Auto-Logout  (Read 533 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY - Auto-Logout
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2024, 12:13:21 PM »
Auto country and auto plane/gv assignment would fix it all up ... be interesting for a change too..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2024, 12:37:17 PM »
Just force balance sides at login..problem solved :bolt:

Eagler

Sounds a bit unAmerican no?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2024, 12:46:24 PM »
ENY is just a red herring and an excuse.

It hasn't stopped any of the fluctuating hordeing from all 3 sides; some just have to deal with it for a slightly longer period of time during the day.

That is not its purpose. Its purpose is to limit the team with the numbers by taking away the superior equipment. You are to fight with your numbers instead of good equipment.

It's an excuse that it prevents people from flying their preferred rides (how long has this been going on now?)

No it doesnt, you can always switch sides to fly what you want

If anything, ENY could use some moderate tweaking across the entire spectrum.

The underlying issue is very few want to step out of their comfort zone. This has always been the case, it's just more noticeable now.

Agreed, some of the numbers on certain planes are a bit off.

Auto country and auto plane/gv assignment would fix it all up ... be interesting for a change too..

Eagler

.....and the game would close in a week. They cant get players to voluntarily switch for a bit and you want to force them to switch?  :rofl

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2024, 04:12:42 PM »
.....and the game would close in a week. They cant get players to voluntarily switch for a bit and you want to force them to switch?  :rofl

A week? I'd give it 72 hours. :rofl
Tours 86 - 296

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2024, 01:41:23 AM »

No, it's you not being willing to get out of your comfort zone.
can't even up a wirble and osti's are pretty much a waste. Flying an early to mid war bird against f4u-4 and tempys not easy and the all the up armored tanks are gone as well. If you have true numbers cool, but with half your force in the tower, it sucks, so I log. its been so common lately and with low numbers at times in a game i used to play every night now, less than 10 times in the last few months
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2024, 07:17:03 AM »
In the real war, you flew the plane you were assigned or was available.   

I loved having the sim on like a window to a different world.     

Any changes to ENY will be gamed so why not work with what we got.   

If your gameplay is so one dimensional that anything other than the fastest late war rides makes your experience lame, maybe consider learning something new?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2024, 07:22:35 AM »
If its all about the fight, then what difference does it make which plane you fly, or what tank you drive? Same applies to the base takers, if its all about the base capture/defense, what difference does it make? The only one it should effect, is the Score Keepers. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2024, 07:33:32 AM »
I've considered trying to get a group of like-minded folks to tune to a cross country radio ch, sort of how Monday madness works, but in the MA.  Communicating a furball between bases and fighting without 20k tempest, and 1 pass haulass tactics.

This would probably only work during primetime, and unfortunately I don't get to log many hours during this time.

Unfortunately you jave the low end folks who would monitor just to come in with the mentioned aircraft to pic the fights. Then break their arm patting themselves on the back.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)