Author Topic: Head Tracker Setting?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Head Tracker Setting?
« on: August 13, 2024, 07:18:09 PM »
Circling back to another somewhat related post… Aces High has a head tracker setting? I’ve only been playing for almost 20 years so you know, I’m kind of new here.  :old:

When I’m playing IL2 careers I use that to track air and ground targets. I have it mapped to two buttons on my X52 throttle. #6 turns it on and selects next targets, #29 turns it off. Of course it greatly improves your awareness and other ACM nuggets. I usually turn it off right before I shoot at anything because I seem to miss more often than when I keep it on. :joystick:

Not sure if everyone knows that some of us rawdog AH and just use a monitor. I use a 55” tv and probably sit too close to it lol. I never really liked trackir when I tried it a few times and the VR resolution is a deal breaker for me. Can barely see you all on my stupidly large screen now.

Can I mimic this head tracker feature in AH? I have remapped lots of keys over the years and don’t have any idea what the defaults were.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 07:22:14 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Head Tracker Setting?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2024, 08:12:05 PM »
Not sure what you are talking about. AH doesnt have a "head-tracker" system. It can however use any of the head-tracker systems out there.....trackIR and such.

It has a mode for when you are using the keypad/hatswitch to use "snap views", "pan views", and "instant views". Hitting F7, F8, and F9 for the views.

Looking from front to left....

Snap views shows a quick transition ..
Pan views shows a smooth transition....like turning your head.
Instant view replaces the front view with the left view.

Head tracking does take some work to get use to. Adjusting the curve for the view movement vs your head movement could take weeks (I have a bunch of player profiles for TrackIR on my help site). Once you have it adjusted then there is just getting use to the new play. I have VR and still have issues with tracking planes, too much use of the hatswitches Im guessing.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 08:13:30 PM »
Not sure what you are talking about. AH doesnt have a "head-tracker" system. It can however use any of the head-tracker systems out there.....trackIR and such.

It has a mode for when you are using the keypad/hatswitch to use "snap views", "pan views", and "instant views". Hitting F7, F8, and F9 for the views.

Looking from front to left....

Snap views shows a quick transition ..
Pan views shows a smooth transition....like turning your head.
Instant view replaces the front view with the left view.

Head tracking does take some work to get use to. Adjusting the curve for the view movement vs your head movement could take weeks (I have a bunch of player profiles for TrackIR on my help site). Once you have it adjusted then there is just getting use to the new play. I have VR and still have issues with tracking planes, too much use of the hatswitches Im guessing.

Ok I am not all the way crazy then lol. I must have mistaken that for what I thought was happening.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2024, 06:25:21 AM »
What you want is called Padlock in AH.

Just scroll down the controller command menu choices to the padlock options.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2024, 10:54:43 AM »
Ahh yes I think that’s what I am looking for.