Author Topic: Not a wishlist request, this is a plea  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Not a wishlist request, this is a plea
« Reply #45 on: Today at 06:11:51 AM »
All of if this is subjective.

NDIsles may not be well suited for 8AM but it’s a whole lotta fun at 8PM.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: Today at 06:55:38 AM »
Agreed, I think the old radar system from AH2 should be back. Old GV dar, old air dar, all of it. I’m going to catch hate from the GVers but also change the spotting distance to what it was before. There were plenty of time I could hide in a tree in the old AH and not be spotted… now you can sit next to a building and not be spotted. The old GV dar made sneaking bases so much easier as well vs the awacs. I shouldn’t be able to spot a goon on the ground just because I fly next to him, that’s bogus
Ideally they should leave tracks when they’re not on roads similar to bomb craters that dissipate after a short time. And they should certainly kick up a cloud of dust when they move above a certain speed or fire their main gun.

But you’re not wrong about the GV icon range in my opinion. Especially since they paint aircraft on radar but are nearly impossible to see from the air until you’re in their lap. It’s definitely an imbalance. Even a storch can’t find them. This thing where a wirb has icon on me but I don’t have icon on it is kinda BS. GV dar should go away too but the icon should be increased to compensate.

The hide and seek thing is getting tired but, believe it or not, I think the GV guys deserve equality without being easy fodder for aircraft. I think it would also be cool if the GV guys has a camo option similar to a rearm pad where it takes 30 seconds after they stop to simulate loading branches and stuff that makes them harder to see (reducing icon range) but goes away after they move again.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:36:44 AM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: Today at 07:09:30 AM »
If the map list can't get an edit, I  don't hold out much hope for actual programming changes..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: Today at 07:12:14 AM »
If the map list can't get an edit, I  don't hold out much hope for actual programming changes..

Eagler
I know. Which is why we should be able compromise with simple setting adjustments.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: Today at 07:16:35 AM »
I know. Which is why we should be able compromise with simple setting adjustments.

Just his input to the thread would be fantastic...

Eagles
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #50 on: Today at 08:42:12 AM »
I’m thinking a good way to prove, or disprove, points made is to run a spread sheet for 30 days, or two rotations, on the maps and collect player numbers data on prime-time hours, each hr from 7p-10p.

Then total those numbers for each map over 30 days or 2 rotations.

Then I can hopefully run a poll(s) for each map.

Sometimes what we think, or speculate, isn’t correct against hard data.
Log the poll findings into the last column next to each map numbers total.

One flaw in this concept is different week days tend to vary on numbers as its own pattern. Wed and Thurs tend to have lower numbers despite the map in rotation.

Point being, if HT doesn’t keep this data it could be a good way to present a possible case.

I have doubts map could not be removed.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: Today at 02:21:52 PM »
All of if this is subjective.

NDIsles may not be well suited for 8AM but it’s a whole lotta fun at 8PM.
whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

If a map doesnt work at all times of day to support action it should not be in the existing rotation  :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: Today at 03:25:26 PM »
whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

If a map doesnt work at all times of day to support action it should not be in the existing rotation  :cheers:

That’s not how life works comrade.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!