Author Topic: I Need Some Help From Duelers  (Read 251 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
I Need Some Help From Duelers
« on: April 15, 2000, 05:46:00 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen-

I think we have found our script coder. Exile (hope you don't mind my exposing your identity!) has graciously volunteered to help us code the script for our ladder. This script is vital, as it would be impossible for me to keep the ladder updated in any meaningful way without it.

The thing is, we need to help him by clearly defining the the way the script works, i.e. any multipliers or handicaps, how pilots are weighted, etc. This is admittedly way beyond my ability, but I think we could all throw our heads together and make this work.

Here's what I would like. Anyone interested in serving on an H2H committee? This doesn't have to be anything time consuming or such, but we could sure use the help getting the rules and such ironed out. I would hope this ladder will serve the community, which is another reason community input is greatly appreciated and needed at the ground floor.

Many of you have posted ladders for us to view, and Hangtime posted a copy of his Falcon(?) ladder rules. Can we use your collective expertise to develop a plan everyone can live with?

Again, thank you for the interest shown so far in the dueling aspect of AH!  

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 04-15-2000).]

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2000, 06:03:00 PM »
I've fired off an email to Wally from the WB Ladder, asking his assistance with the scoring side of things. I hope to hear from him soon.

Ex ..................

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2000, 01:23:00 AM »
Count me in for anything I can do.

Wish I knew more of how deft built his original simladder.

Ghosth

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2000, 11:24:00 AM »
 Agree that Wally had a VERY enjoyable format for dueling and the chat board was some of the most interesting banter yet!
 Something in that mold would be very cool!
Thx Kieren for your selfless effort toward getting a ladder going for us all-Those who have not yet experienced the nerve-wrack of do or die 1 vs 1 co-e combat,are in for a real blast. I,m there! As are the rest of the 'SCREAMIN PTERODACTYLS'.
 EADG sure would love to see ya on a ladder again; )

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Hey, sign in for the tournament! There is still time...

http://www.hpcisp.com/~kieren/tourney.htm

All you need is an H2H account, and that's free! We'd love to see you guys involved!