Author Topic: I CANT BELIEVE IT !!! 1.09 a/c additions  (Read 572 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
I CANT BELIEVE IT !!! 1.09 a/c additions
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2002, 12:59:30 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Ditto, thrilled here also.  Can you say Battle of Britain?

Hopefully with a Ju87 upgradable thru D & G variants

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline fats

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2002, 01:13:22 PM »
--- vlad: ---
I hear it was the same in WB as well?
--- end ---

In WB its rear gunner when in Otto mode had the wrong lethality at first, which made it really difficult to attack from the rear. And the G-2 had 2 30mm and 2 20mms pointing forward inWB so kind of nasty attacking it HO either. After the rear gunner was fixed it wasn't much of a problem as long as you saw it in time.

The WB Bf 110 had horrible roll rate, torque problems, poor climb, slow to moderate top speed. So nothing stellar, except the G-2's forward guns. If you flew it very carefully, just to line up shots and then had an escape plan ready it was possible to rack tons of kills, cause of the ammo load. Not because the plane's performance allowed you to.

// fats

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2002, 01:27:16 PM »
Nice set of planes, sure they will be welcomed. BUT, how about some carrier planes in the mix???? The damn skys are full of Spits and 109's now.
How about some carrier planes for the Axis side like the VAL, JUDY, JILL or the A6M2 ZERO. Maybe even the DAUNTLESS, WILDCAT or HELLDIVER for the Allies. Would make things alot more interesting and and set up many more options for Scenario Events. MIDWAY, CORAL SEA, GUADALCANAL, LEYTE GULF a KAMIKAZE Scenario, etc.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2002, 01:20:22 AM »
Can't wait for the "PERK THE SPIT 1a!!" when the bugger makes it first kill of a uber P-51 etc :D

Tronsky
 486 Sqn (NZ) "Hiwa hau Maka"
God created Arrakis to train the faithful