Author Topic: way to limit "uber" planes w/o perking  (Read 218 times)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
way to limit "uber" planes w/o perking
« on: January 11, 2002, 07:10:00 AM »
I thought of this due to all of the complaining about La7's, SpitIX's, N1k2's and other lower ENY valued air-craft. honestly i think they should be limited in some way w/o making them cost perks to fly.

A great way to limit late war aircraft would be to only allow a certain percent to take off from each field, calculated buy there ENY and number of people in the arena. i would want it to be a fair percentage, just not unlimited.

Also i wanted to add that the number of fighther-hangers that are up at a feild could also be calculated into this. i would agree with this becuase loosing hangers should effect that feilds ability to put up certain numbers of AC.

• 100 people online
  • 6 out of 6 hanger up (%100)
  • p47-30 (ENY 30x 1/2 (for example) =15%)

100 x 1 x .15 = 15 p47-30's could be up at one given time from that field.

Just wanting to here some opinions/ideas on this..

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Am0n ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2002, 02:22:00 PM »
ubbbug

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2002, 04:16:32 AM »
A great way to limit late war aircraft would be to only allow a certain percent to take off from each field, calculated buy there ENY and number of people in the arena. i would want it to be a fair percentage, just not unlimited.

All you need to do is find a system that doesn't use these phrases... and you'll be set.

AKDejaVu

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2002, 06:42:23 AM »
Personally I Don't like the perk system and should never have been put in the MA. The Ma should have been all planes allowed except the jets, Keeping the jets and the perk system to special areana's. allowing extra points to ones score for certain aircraft could be good but perking planes sux and always had in the main areana. the problem is you indroduce perk planes that only the top 10% can ever fly in the MA. Then you start perking existing planes due to heavy use and squeaking. First its the f4u1c then its the n1k2 then the spit then the yak and ot all ends with us flying the same exact type of plane. alot of the perked rides I feel don't really need to be perked at all except the jets witch should have never been allowed in the MA in the first place. on a personal note theres plenty of late war stuff isn't it about time we got alot more early war aircraft (like the oscar the p40 the early hurricanes and the f4f ect) and more buffs (b25 b24 a26 Heldiver Val kate duantless ect).
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2002, 07:08:20 AM »
Am0n you actually consider the spitIX uber?
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2002, 08:13:24 AM »
perking planes works well the way it is.

perk points are not hard to earn.

No where are you guarranteed the right to fly "perk planes" you want to fly umm get into planes with a hi eny value and kill planes with a lo eny value.

Its so simple..........

How many mindless perk threads are there going to be?

I not tryin to argue with you but the perk system does what it is intended to do lit the use of rare birds.

We dont need any more perk planes flying around the main then we have right now.

Get out of the nikis spits la7s and p51s and you perk points will rise greatly.

If you prefer those planes then thats your choice but each one of us has the potential to get, lose or ignore perk points.

No welfare perks

and no free lunch ......:D

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2002, 09:10:36 AM »
People keep calling the Spit 9 uber. I disagree: if it were, I'd die less often. I fly it, and the Mossie, and the Lanc, simply because I'm British. I'm a cr*p flyer, in large part due to not yet having learned to cope with lag and the associated warping. I get a kill or two in an evening. It's the pilot, not the plane.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Playing Mr. Obvious...
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2002, 09:44:02 AM »
If everyone thought these planes were uber, and if everyone was against their usage, then "everyone" would fly something else. Voila! Like magic, the "problem" disappears!

Let's face it- the majority of people do not see these rides as a problem. Only a small majority of one-ride pilots see any problems with these planes.

You do realize there is a measure of self-leveling here? The equation is thus:

Planes available + People like flying planes available = People fly available planes

How this is a "problem" escapes me.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2002, 11:14:51 AM »
I like the way the perk system stigmatizes wussy uber plane pilots and makes them targets.  Some planes should not be allowed to fly with the rest.

Most pof us agree on that if the 262 is the plane being discussed.  After that it gets a little harder to pry the wussies from their crutches.
lazs

Offline DamnedBuzzard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2002, 12:00:27 PM »
Let's cut to th chase here. What all th perk whines boil down to is  perk everything I can't kill or perk anything I don't fly.

Same kind of folks define alt monkey as "anyone higher than me".  Seems to me some folks need to learn to fight from a perceived disadvantage whether it's bein lower than yer adversary or drivin a plane that is slower or turns worse.

Of course HO dweebs is totally different. They need to be incarcerated.

Buzzard

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2002, 01:13:29 PM »
The best way to limit uber planes in my experience,is to shoot them down.  :cool:

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2002, 01:17:34 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I like the way the perk system stigmatizes wussy uber plane pilots and makes them targets.  Some planes should not be allowed to fly with the rest.

Most pof us agree on that if the 262 is the plane being discussed.  After that it gets a little harder to pry the wussies from their crutches.

Lazs? Are you starting to see the light?  That's a phrase I thought you would never say. :D

AKDejaVu

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2002, 01:49:02 PM »
Geez    As I've said many times before the only thing that should be perked are the jets.  No one prop plane here is that far superior then the others.

If we had the Sopwith Camel someone would be crying "Perk the Camel"
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2002, 05:48:43 PM »
this has nothing to do with perking anything, its actualy against perking the late war air-craft that are not perked and always whined about.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2002, 05:54:54 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
Am0n you actually consider the spitIX uber?

with the right guy at the stick, indeed.  

but for the most part not a big problem for me due to the volume/quality of pilots flying it.