Author Topic: Here's a perk point object that beats all: the A-bomb  (Read 717 times)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Here's a perk point object that beats all: the A-bomb
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
I am with Gruen in this matter. A-bomb should not be in the game. No, I am not the apologist of politcorrectness or game-censoring. Just in my opinion A-bomb is more the weapon of genocide than anything else, and very bad sport in terms of gameplay, so keep it out of AH.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
BTW, I think the first two nukes were called "Fatman" and "Littleboy", not "fatboy".  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
It would only be an Allied loadout anyway. Just more evidence of the conspiracy.

<G,D,R>
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »

Originally posted by Fariz:
I am with Gruen in this matter. A-bomb should not be in the game. No, I am not the apologist of politcorrectness or game-censoring. Just in my opinion A-bomb is more the weapon of genocide than anything else, and very bad sport in terms of gameplay, so keep it out of AH.

Propoganda was also a weapon of Genocide (See Hitler, Gobbel, etc).

A-Bomb was just another weapon that helped bring the end of another type of genocide, Japanese agression on other countries (See "The Rape of Nanking").

As for this sim? I agree, we don't need it.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »

Originally posted by Dux:

...Nukes, why not? But in all seriousness, GrandSlams and Tallboys for the Lancs!

I REALLY think nukes would be a detriment to the game. I do think The German SC 2000, Hs 293, X-1 (Fritz X), Tall-boy, and Grand Slam etc. would make nice perk weapons. I never want to see a nuke on ANY WWII game. There a many weapons and vehicles that could be added that would be an asset to game play but not the A-bomb. Subs would be cool and the aircraft to chase them.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-02-2001).]

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2001, 10:54:00 AM »
The pc discussion of whether an a-bomb should or should not be in AH probably belongs in OT, but having said that.....

The "game" we are playing depicts murder every single minute of every single day we play.  We "shoot" and "kill" people every day.  The only difference between an a-bomb and my 1k bombs on my B26 is the amount of damage and death that can be done.  I explode that B17, I've just killed many virtual people.  I drop a nuke, I just killed a lot more.  What's the difference? Thank God it's just a game.

I think it would be good to perk weapons if they would not normally be introduced for gameplay issues.  I really don't think HTC will ever perk a nuke.

It's just a game.

Fury

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jimdandy:
 I REALLY think nukes would be a detriment to the game. I do think The German SC 2000, Hs 293, X-1 (Fritz X), Tall-boy, and Grand Slam etc. would make nice perk weapons. I never want to see a nuke on ANY WWII game. There a many weapons and vehicles that could be added that would be an asset to game play but not the A-bomb. Subs would be cool and the aircraft to chase them.

Just to be sure that everyone gets the point. I don't want to see an A-bomb on the game because I think it would be a detriment to game play. It's points less on WWII sims. It was the last act of WWII that bought with it a new era of war. It is less a part of WWII and more a part of the cold war and post WWII. It was just the straw that broke the camels back.

PS It just so happens I live right next door to the first reactor that made plutonium for the Manhattan Project. There's some really historical stuff out in "The Area." It is also the most crapped up nuke res in the US. My home town. Born and raised and I still don't glow in the dark.   One of our local schools call themselves the Bombers. Everyone thinks it's because we made A-bombs out in "The Area" but it was actually named for a B17 that the employees at Hanford donated a days pay to build. The bomber was called "Days Pay" and was shot down in WWII.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
GRUNHERTZ:

Raping of women.. a-bombs.. how horrible..

how about flying planes that were used to strafe and incinerate civilians, tanks that were used to destroy houses and crush farms.

You have double standards.

TheWobble

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Animal has a point, and like I said, leave the women alone, we have sheep for that, and they prolly look better than any of the women HTC would give us (polly count)