Author Topic: Was it ugly?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2002, 01:34:56 PM »
And it was very well done too Ripsnort. As soon as your counterattack was spotted the forces in the A5 and A6 area went on the defensive and you pushed them away from A5. The Rooks there really had a good time.

The attack on A11 was blast. I think you would have taken the base earlier except for some miscommunications among some of your guys. They hit our base hard but didn't get the city right away. It gave us time to up and it was a hell of a fight (and the most enjoyable time I had all night .. fighting in that desperate defense).

Very well run missions and very nice fighting in the face of some of some of the snags you guys ran into.

Would love to do it again on maybe even of a more formal level (set times, set places, maybe even see about borrowing the SEA arena for a RJO vs TOD night).
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2002, 02:12:27 PM »
Iv tried not too say too much on this subject.

Still, The NightMares dont deserve all the Credit/Blame for the opposition to your TOD MA attack.   There were other squads involved in this.   On roughly the same level as the Nightmares.

Bragging and Whining aside,  That night provided some great fights and action for the entire arena.  Not a bad thing.

The Cactus Air Force was there, Working right along side GhostDancer and Nightmares, Plus many more excellent squadrons.  We, The CAF, only had about half our roster available, but we fought hard and went where we needed.  

Our squad as a Group is talking about trying TOD,  But I wonder if would be welcome now, after working to twart your plans?  

Also We are DieHard Rooks, and like the Nightmares would never fly against the motherland in the MA.   Scenarios and Events are a different matter.  

There was no "Alliance" with the Bishops, They chose to fight you for a while, But later attacked our flank.  We had to deploy resources to the northern boarder and even had to take feilds from them in the south.  They ended up aiding the Knights more than anything in the end.

Lastly,  It was one of the finest evenings in the MA, intense fighting among many pilots and squads.   I for one had a blast!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2002, 02:26:52 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm

Our squad as a Group is talking about trying TOD,  But I wonder if would be welcome now, after working to twart your plans?  

I speak for only myself, but to answer that question:

A) This was an excercise to build comraderie within the tough squads that have fought each other for months now in the TOD.  Your squad chose not to be part of that comeraderie.  That was your decision.  For anyone here to harbor any ill feelings about such a decision would be meaningless IMO.
B) You didn't twart anything. Mission accomplished. :)  Damn nice try though! :)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2002, 02:51:48 PM »
Grim,

We are not trying to be an "exclusive" club within AH.  We want to sign up squads rather than have a bunch of walk-ons in order to maintain organization within the event.

Funked posted the idea and we liked the thought of ALL of us flying together and giving the MA a good taste of what we can do.  I must admit I figured we would get in there and raise supreme hell ... I have not seen so many Rooks working together before!  We didn't make the impact I imagined we would, but it was still fun.  I hope we try it again sometime and maintain "security" with the communication.:)

I encourage you guys to register for the TOD on the events page and get involved.  It is almost like flying a mini-scenario every week.  If you guys don't enjoy it you can always back out.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2002, 03:57:47 PM »
Originally posted by skernsk
Grim,

We are not trying to be an "exclusive" club within AH.  We want to sign up squads rather than have a bunch of walk-ons in order to maintain organization within the event.

Oh Great, Not an exclusive Club!   Here I was looking forward the TOD Executive Sauna.  Not to mention all the prettiest Nurses!  Catered Meals, chauffered cars, The best Tee times,  were all going be mine by joining the exclusive TOD Club.   Ahhh all my dreams shattered!   ;)

Dont be surprized to see the CAF in TOD,  You guys all need a bunch of newbies to kick around.  Just be careful of guys drinking Wingrippers,  They tend to blow up if kicked   ;)

WingRippers  http://people.delphi.com/jtweller/#wr
(soon to be updated for AH)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2002, 04:12:24 PM »
We don't have an abundance of nurses, but Fatty's mom is up for grabs.:p

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Was it ugly?
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2002, 04:42:49 PM »
Originally posted by skernsk
We don't have an abundance of nurses, but Fatty's mom is up for grabs.:p

Funny thing,  I had the pleasure of killing Fatty That night.  I egged his GV at one of the feilds.   This must surely allow me certain privledges with his Mom  ;D