Author Topic: A Dweebs New Years Resolutions (and questions):  (Read 330 times)

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
A Dweebs New Years Resolutions (and questions):
« on: January 23, 2002, 08:44:19 AM »
After a couple of months of AH, I have found a few things that are not smart and a few things that I don’t understand.
1. I will NEVER again slowly climb up after a bomber until he decides to shoot and put me out of my misery.
2. I will never dive under a plane I have just killed and be killed by its wreckage.
3. I will not take off from a capped field, no matter how target rich the environment.  (Vulchers, look elsewhere!)
4. I will find out exactly how “check 6” works (its not in the Help manual).  I know the ’ key will do it but I thought you could with the mouse, too?
5. I will find out how to launch a PT boat (again, not in Help).  When I select one in the hangar and then click H (for hangar) it says I have been killed?
6. I will find out why a killed PT boat pops up again in the same place where it was just killed and how I can do that?
7. I will find out how all of these ground vehicles (ok, GV’s) get to airfields from so far away- do they really drive?
8. I will find out how an enemy can hide on an aircraft carrier and shoot up every plane trying to take off?
A belated Happy New Year to all!

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Re: A Dweebs New Years Resolutions (and questions):
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 10:35:14 AM »
Originally posted by cp52
After a couple of months of AH, I have found a few things that are not smart and a few things that I don’t understand.
1. I will NEVER again slowly climb up after a bomber until he decides to shoot and put me out of my misery.
2. I will never dive under a plane I have just killed and be killed by its wreckage.
3. I will not take off from a capped field, no matter how target rich the environment.  (Vulchers, look elsewhere!)
4. I will find out exactly how “check 6” works (its not in the Help manual).  I know the ’ key will do it but I thought you could with the mouse, too?
5. I will find out how to launch a PT boat (again, not in Help).  When I select one in the hangar and then click H (for hangar) it says I have been killed?
6. I will find out why a killed PT boat pops up again in the same place where it was just killed and how I can do that?
7. I will find out how all of these ground vehicles (ok, GV’s) get to airfields from so far away- do they really drive?
8. I will find out how an enemy can hide on an aircraft carrier and shoot up every plane trying to take off?

Well, I've been here about the same length of time, and this is what I discovered:

1. lol, yes, never do this. A cross slash or spiral attack seems to work well on buffs--if it is a b26, one can get out of range of tail gun by coming under from low six (no belly gun)--DO NOT TRY THIS ONNA B17--u will die.

2. Been here, too ;) In my case, a turn in a off vertical is usually the winner, 'cause if I actually kill something, it's almost fer sure someone else is already saddlin up on me...

3. This is wisdom. But if you do decide to do it, a Zero w/ low gas is great fun.

4. People complain about this regularly. I can't make it work either and I get squeaked at for it when I don't tell somebody they are about to die.

5. Yeah, you'd think that if you were in a port, u could launch, but I've only been able to do it off of carriers or the depot thingies. I do like the "spin out and die" thing the port does, kinda cool.

6. This is one of the mystery spawn things. If you choose the E or W options at the depot, you can transport you and a 50 ton boat like magic. Usually, this is followed by immediate death as someone is in a shore gun with the target dialed in is shelling you the moment you appear..

7. Yeah, they really do drive, altho that spawn point thingie can spawn you near a nme base if the cods are smiling on you. How do you find the spawn points? Maybe someone will chime in here.

8. Well, they are prolly on the cruiser, again, with the spawn point dialed in on their enormous guns. Altho, I was killed recently on take off by a beached PT boat with a full load of ammo.   :(

Good luck, we'll keep at it and figure things out soon enuf!

Horn

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
A Dweebs New Years Resolutions (and questions):
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 10:54:46 AM »
1-3   Good!

4.  Pressing the ' key will highlight closest friend near center screen.  Continue pressing until desired pilot is highlighted, a few secs later the "check six" will be sent.

5.  The hanger is on the ground.  Boats don't work so hot on the ground.  Look for spawn points that are not "H".  The spawn points outside regular N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW will spawn you near other fields.  Test 'em out to find out exaclty where>

6.  They are using a spawn point.

7.  See 6 and 7.

8.  This should not be possible.  Please film it and post.

F.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
So it causes no damage?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 11:16:52 AM »
Originally posted by Furious

8.  This should not be possible.  Please film it and post.

Thanks for the help!

IIRC, I think one can man the shore battery at Port 36 and shell A39.  That's just one that I know of on the Baltic map....?

H