Author Topic: HELP ==> Initalization failed  (Read 247 times)

Offline sprint

• Copper Member
HELP ==> Initalization failed
« on: January 23, 2002, 12:54:02 AM »
I installed a new video card tonight .... and when I try to start up AH I get the following error message "initalizatio failed with -5 MAIN SN_ FAILED-2"

What the heck does this mean and what should iI do?

sprint

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
That depends...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 06:35:24 AM »
Much more information is needed here.

Start with your system details like CPU, RAM, video card, and sound, and then Direct X version, along with what versions of sound and video drivers you are running.  Next, was AH running before but stopped?  What have you changed recently?  Did you just install AH from scratch?

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 06:37:29 AM »
That means your soundcard is not configured right -> aces high didnt detect sound and stoped.

Check your soundcard status, drivers etc. and try again.

At least that's what it said to me before I installed sound drivers.. :) No, I wasn't eager to play.. lol.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 04:21:59 PM »
I have to confirm the sound card error. I had the same error when my card fried the other day. New card and no other changes and the game is back on track.  Check to make sure your card is ok or go buy a cheapie (SB16 about $30.00) and plug it in.

Good luck.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline sprint

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 01:42:34 AM »
Thanks guys .... I had a virus in my W98 and I dont think I quite got every thing fixed ... but  my sound card has been giving me problems for awhile. Planing on installing XP this week, so I should know what the answer is ... other wise I'll buy a Turtle Beach.  

I just installed a new Geforce3 Ti200, to bad I cant see how this bad boy works ... I o/c it right out of the box to 250/565. zoom>>zoom>>

Thanks guys

sprint