Author Topic: ship gunning  (Read 385 times)

Offline jaus

• Zinc Member
ship gunning
« on: January 25, 2002, 07:33:43 AM »
I have been experimenting with using the large caliber ship guns in AH but haven't been able to figure them out.

I have found the direct, land and sea modes but don't really understand how to use them to target an object on land.  Is there somewhere that explains this in more detail than the help pages?

How can you judge the distance to a target from the turret of a ship?  How do you use the land and sea modes?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
ship gunning
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 07:40:29 AM »
HTC website>>Game Overview>>Manable Guns.  Tells you all about it.

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
ship gunning
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 11:02:08 PM »
Not really it don't.
I learned a little about land mode online. Docs dont say much.

Offline rounder

• Zinc Member
CV guns
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 01:07:15 AM »
While you are in the guns on the CV bring up your map and click on the target you want to hit. Note  the 4 sets of  green numbers on the right hand side of the screen. You may have to move your map to see them. The 2 left numbers are the bearing and current range of the gun. The right 2 are the bearing and range to the point on the map that you clicked. Match the 2 sets of numbers and you are on target. These numbers will change as the cv moves so you will have to adjust. Having a spotter hovering nearby your target also helps alot for getting dialed in. Use land mode if you are shelling a ground target and sea mode if you are going for an enemy CV.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2002, 01:10:24 AM by rounder »

Offline jaus

• Zinc Member
ship gunning
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 06:11:23 AM »
hmm I'll have to look for those numbers on the right,  I havent' seen them.

Thanks.

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
ship gunning
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2002, 08:53:19 AM »
Jaus,

When you man one of the big guns on the cruiser, and you are wanting to shell a target from long range, here is what you do.  Go ahead and click on a gun position (one of the big circles on the cruiser).  Then you want to press "e" I think it is ... or maybe w.  You want to go into LAND MODE.  It will say LANDMODE under the bearing information in all caps.  Once in land mode, pull up your clipboard.  At that point, use your mouse to click on a target on the map.  For example, use insert and zoom to zoom all the way in on the yellow dot at a field, its the town.  Then click on the yellow dot.  Then fire!  Before you fire again, you will need to click on the dot again.  This also works for the airfields.  You can click on the airfields and begin to drop objects at the field.  

I believe the range for the CV guns is around 35K - anything further than that and your LAND MODE will not work.  

Hope this helps, shoot me an email if you have any questions...nimitz@huckabay.net

Nim