Author Topic: Mindao solutions and some ideas  (Read 309 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Take Mindao out of rotation
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2002, 04:01:56 PM »
And its great havin' you around more Lepht S!

Nim

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2002, 12:50:29 AM »
didnt HiTech say we were gettin the beta map back?

PIZZA & BEER!:D

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2002, 08:17:08 AM »
yeah, I'll just toss in.

I'd love to see more maps.

When you get to the point that you know the terrain so well you don't even need the map to navigate, it's time to change.

I think that'd bring me to the MA more.  (been flying CT and playing wolfenstein (helluva fun game))

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2002, 08:20:32 AM »
mindnao makes life in AH worth living.   The only problem with it is it is too hard to spell.
lazs

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
It is never a good idea to reduce options
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2002, 08:55:32 AM »
Leave it in.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2002, 09:11:11 AM »
Very true Kieran.

I find Mindanao is great because it almost never results in the 2 v. 1 gangbang.  There is lots of action, lots of furballs if you want them, and you can find smaller fights if you go looking for them.  In Mindanao it seems you never get the 2 countries ripping on one from both sides because of the way it is structured.  I think that's a GOOD thing.  It's also why it rarely gets reset, but I like that a heck of a lot better than the inevitable 2v1 gang bang you get on a map like NDIsles.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2002, 09:23:40 AM »
Dont remove it.Ive said this before, why not just have it appear evry other cycle?
you will at least then see as much of the other maps as we do the mindanao map.

Mindanao's major problem is the central part of the map.As one country starts pushing out of its 'zone' it immediatly becomes under attack from 2 sides, making that breakout almost impossible to sustain.

Theres only one route to reset and it demands sheer numbers to start taking bases.I think its a very poor model for varied gameplay.The lack of GVs spawns and the seemingly ineffective bombers means its jabo or fighters all day long.

I play the map, I just dont enjoy it anymore.

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2002, 09:28:16 AM »
I dont think people say: "remove it" but fix it or manually reset it after one week. Just do somthing, but dont remove it.
Its a beautiful map with good furballs, but its nice to do other things too, if all i wanted to do was furballs i woulda gone to CFS for free play.

airgaurd

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2002, 10:07:52 AM »
Coming from that "nameless" sim that no longer exists, I have a hard time understanding the problem with a map being in rotation 10 WHOLE DAYS. Maybe the difficulty in reseting this map is due to its success as a simulation.  With a concerted effort by a country the "Ute" map can be reset in hours, is that good?

I like the Mindanao map, great terrain, great fights, strategy.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2002, 03:59:01 PM »
I like the fixed time idea.  It's what we used to have except it was a whole month.  Have the maps rotate every few days and then everyone gets their favorite map a few days, and everyone only has to put up with their least favorite map a few days.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.