Author Topic: Just when you think i'm outta Q's!!!  (Read 330 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Just when you think i'm outta Q's!!!
« on: January 18, 2002, 08:12:06 PM »
Why does the trucks on my 1k bridge cast shadows but the objects the bridge make up do not?

Why are the runway objects transparient?

why does the runway disappear from 3-9 veiw but retain in 12-6 veiw, while running a GV across the bridge?

why do objects show threw the runway?

How the Hell do you aquire a taste for 20 year old malted scotch?

NUTTZ

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
20 Year Old SCOTCH?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 09:51:30 PM »
You don't

But it helps if you think you are washing away the bad taste of hagus, or somehting worse, like 15 year old scotch.

OLtos

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Re: Just when you think i'm outta Q's!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 12:37:40 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
Why does the trucks on my 1k bridge cast shadows but the objects the bridge make up do not?

why does the runway disappear from 3-9 veiw but retain in 12-6 veiw, while running a GV across the bridge?

NUTTZ

I think the problems may be caused by elevating ground objects.

I played around with this idea once, but the ground objects have a few problems that cause anomalous effects.
Example: when a runway crosses into another grid (crosses a grid line), it will not be visible in certain views dependent on angle altitude and relative position.
In order to transition from one grid to the next, you would have to join 2 like objects at the grid line.
Use of a bridge of this design would require specific terrain alterations to accommodate the grid transition problem.

Shadow rendering is probably odd because HTC seems conscious of the additional FPS hits that would be present if every object had a shadow.  Ever notice that planes don't cast shadows on other planes? ;)

As for the Scotch...If ya don't know, then you can send me what ever portion you have left. :D

Viper

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Just when you think i'm outta Q's!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 03:43:30 AM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ

NUTTZ

I have not tested this yet but have a horrible fear that even when set to can collide etc etc and even with another runway inverted under it........ bullets fly thu bridges.

When crossing a bridge if I fire a gun at it from my vehicle I raise water spouts.......

Similarly when under a bridge in a PT boat if i fire up under it i see tracer lighting up the sky above it..........

This would mean that a PT boat could sit under a bridge taking out vehicles as they approached............

I have not yet played with the bombable settings..............

Frankly I have put the issue to one side at the moment, happy that I have at least a bridge that vehicles can cross, and am getting on with other terrain issues cos if an object editor turns up then all this topic is redundant.......

If you reset your 6-9 with a little up or down in it via F10 then you may be able to see it.  What is really scary is when a section of bridge totally (visually) dissappears as you mount or dismount it near the grid line

The answer to your last question is perseverence......

Tilt

Who's wife drinks all the Scotch and therefore Tilt
never aquired a taste
Ludere Vincere