Author Topic: warning Floridians, reminder.  (Read 359 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
warning Floridians, reminder.
« on: March 09, 2001, 08:35:00 PM »
Late afternoon I was flying around Melbourne Intel, Fl. About 2000ft below me I spotted two ships in formation. I quickly recognize a B24 and a B17.
Only my natural borned self control prevented me to grab the controls and wingover for a straffing pass that would had scared the Hell out of my female student. (But I sure imagined it   )

So this week end, Titusville air show (lot of warbirds).

Next week end, Patrick AFB (near Melbourne, FL)airshow with the Thunderbirds and probably plenty of ponies.

Saturday I'm flying 2 persons to St Augustine in a twin, be sure that I will be at Titusville (Space Cost Airport) on sunday     Anybody will be there?

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 03-09-2001).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Hammer86

• Zinc Member
      • http://photog.dynip.com
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2001, 09:06:00 PM »
A few WB'ers will be meeting at the B17 at 10:00 and 12:00

Hamer-

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
St. Augastine in georgia? I live about an hour away from there. by plane of course =)

------------------
XNachoX

NIGHTHAWKS "WE BAD"
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
-------------------

[This message has been edited by XNachoX (edited 03-09-2001).]

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
 HEHEH  they were here last weekend in fortmyers fl i did go see em air show real soon in lakeland big 1 for around here not shur of the dates butt ill be flying up there myself  

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Frosty1

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm going to Cocoa Beach on Sunday and I live about 15 miles from Titusville. I didn't even realize the show was this weekend. I might go, but I don't know how you guys feel about hanging out with 16 year olds.  

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

whels1

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »

Originally posted by Frosty1:
I'm going to Cocoa Beach on Sunday and I live about 15 miles from Titusville. I didn't even realize the show was this weekend. I might go, but I don't know how you guys feel about hanging out with 16 year olds.  

anyone coming to Lakeland FL for the Sun and Fun Flyin? we should try and setup a day to meet.

Whels

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2001, 07:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy:

Next week end, Patrick AFB (near Melbourne, FL)airshow with the Thunderbirds and probably plenty of ponies.
---------------------------------------------

I know nothing of this, whats going on here.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

[This message has been edited by wolf37 (edited 03-10-2001).]

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »
for the ones who missed it, at the end of the show a Ponie, in tight formation with a A10 on the right and a f16 on the left did some passes.

And I mean tight formation  

beauuutifull, I almost cried.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
A couple of years ago these same 2 buffs were at my local airport were I was towing gliders.  When they left they did a high speed pass low over the runway before leaving.  Weird part was, they didn't announce it over the unicom freq, or at least I didn't hear it.  I was coming back down toward the field and all of a sudden there's a B-24 zooming up toward me from my low 12.  It was far enough away that I was able to jink and easily avoid any conflict.  Right behind was the B-17, zooming up at about 250 mph and 45 degrees, right toward one of our gliders.  It probably came within 500 feet of it.  The glider pilot told me later he just hear a roar getting louder and louder, then he got a real close look at the B-17 as it flashed by.

I figure I'm one of the few people alive today who can say he has been HO'd by a B-24.  

ra

Frosty1

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2001, 09:29:00 PM »

Originally posted by whels1:
anyone coming to Lakeland FL for the Sun and Fun Flyin? we should try and setup a day to meet.

Whels

Hell yes! I can never find when it starts till after its over and the news is covering the last day. Me and my dad both want to go this year for sure. If you know when it starts I'll be there. It's the next best thing to Oshkosh.

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2001, 09:33:00 PM »
Normally when you see a B17 with a B24, its the Collings Foundation.  They travel around the country giving rides.  I took a ride in the B17 once, it was great. Great.  Not cheap, but great.  If you can ever swing it, do it.  Its a thrill.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Frosty:

http://www.sun-n-fun.org/

ra