Author Topic: Looking for feedback on current plane set  (Read 621 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Looking for feedback on current plane set
« on: January 28, 2002, 10:19:33 AM »
Good day, CT warriors.  I'm looking for feeback on the current planeset, particularly what's perked and what isn't.  The P-38's seem to be dominating the skies, with the F4U-1 a close second.  The CT team is discussing the following changes to the current set up:

1) Perk the P-38 at 4pp
2) Lower the N1K2 to 8 pp
3) Make the N1K2 available at all Japanese HQ-island fields.

Also want opinion on increasing the bar-dar range to 50 mi (it's 35 right now).

Overall, I've been reasonably pleased with how this tour has progressed, though the speed of the Allied advance took me by surprise.  It's given me some incite on how to alter the "Invasion of the Philippines" set up, once we get the new Philippines terrain finished.

Comments?

Sabre
CT-Team...putting the customer first:)
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 10:26:38 AM »
I would lower N1K2 to 4 perks maximum. Hellcats, F4U's and P-38's still untouchable to Georges if flown properly.

Oh, and thks for the hard work. CT really rocks!

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 11:07:23 AM »
1)  I haven't flown since the Allies took forward bases, so I only saw one non Hellcat my entire time on Saturday.  No opinion here.

2)  This is acceptable.  I wouldn't lower it more, because the George was rare, and needs to stay rare to have any semblance of historical context.  Only 70 N1K1s (what the N1K2 is representing) were operational at the end of the year we're simulating, if I'm not mistaken.

3) Completely acceptable as the perk point requirement will keep the N1K2 rare.

please increase sector counter range to 50.  

If each plane is flown properly, every 1 v 1 in this plane set should be a stalemate.  The US iron can dictate the fight against Zekes, but 1 v 1, the Zeke should be able to spoil any BnZ gun solution, and most E fighting gun solutions.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 11:43:32 AM »
Originally posted by Nifty

3) Completely acceptable as the perk point requirement will keep the N1K2 rare.

please increase sector counter range to 50.  

If each plane is flown properly, every 1 v 1 in this plane set should be a stalemate.  The US iron can dictate the fight against Zekes, but 1 v 1, the Zeke should be able to spoil any BnZ gun solution, and most E fighting gun solutions.

I agree, on all three points.

- oldman

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2002, 11:46:04 AM »
I enjoyed not seeing N1K's for a while.. oh well :)

But have to agree that the IJN needs a hand, as Pepe sayeth: P38 anf the F4U rule the skies right now. perk em would be a good thing (oh my...did I just say that ?)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Re: Looking for feedback on current plane set
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2002, 01:33:59 PM »
The CT team is discussing the following changes to the current set up:

1) Perk the P-38 at 4pp

Overall, I've been reasonably pleased with how this tour has progressed, though the speed of the Allied advance took me by surprise.  It's given me some incite on how to alter the "Invasion of the Philippines" set up, once we get the new Philippines terrain finished.

[/B]

1) Perk it at 2pnts only, perk the la5 (see below recomendations) at 2 perks as well.
2) Agreed.. id put it at 6 perks though. I would also put the F6F as a 6 pnt perk (it can almost turn with and can run from a n1k no problem)
3) Agreed.
4) Yes, an increased bar dar range would be nice. Just as long as it doesnt give below 500ft bar dar :)

Allies have taken over things fast because most players are allied. Many times I logged on its like 10 allied vs 4 IJN.

I would strongly suggest to remove the spitfire from the PAC campaign. Balances can be achieved by giving each side a strong point.. allies being E-fighting, IJN being turners. Giving the allies a superb turner like the spit makes IJN have to fight 2 fighting styles at the same time.... just like the germans had to face the same problem in the northern sea map, where it was the LW's 95% planeset being e-fighters facing superior allied e-figthing planes (p51, tiffie,p47) and superb turnfighters (spits).

I would also give the IJN the La5, in subsitution for the Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden (lighting) “Jack” and make it avaliable from mainland bases (note : la5 can give 38,p47 and f6 pilots fits with ease). and the IL2 instead of the TBM... since the ju88 can already carry torps, itd be nice to give the IJN a strike aircraft different from the american tbm.

These changes would give the IJN competitive with the Allied forces.

P-38 vs La5 ..both 2 pnt perks and avaliable from mainland only

N1k vs F6F..both 6 perks ..both avaliable from either carrier (f6) or from island bases (n1k). While F6 is not as good as the n1k, the f6 is carrier based and carries far more ord than the n1k.. and ord load is an advantage of the allies that must be controlled, this seems a good way in my book...otherwise ud have CV's spawning heavy F6's bristling with bombs and rockets instead of bringing in P-38s/B26s/B17's from the mainland or using TBM's. The F4U-1 carries almost same ord as n1k and zeke, so its a good balance imo.

TBM Vs Ju88 ... both carry torps and almost the same ordenance loads.

Il2 Vs Sea Hurricane ... avaliable from island bases (il2) and CV's (hurri), both with big tater guns and great turning ability and SLOW as hell. IL2 can carry more ord than hurricane.. consider it a compensation for the allied B26's turbolaser and speed (how the heck is a zeke supposed to attack a B26 unless its got mondo alt or HO'ing it?)

To not leave the brit task forces without a fighter, maybe enable the f4u1 in brit CVs... OR give the brit cv's the ability to spawn C202's (think: early spitfire with .303 armament only... or brewster buffalo).

What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2002, 02:01:24 PM by Tac »

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Re: Looking for feedback on current plane set
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2002, 01:45:53 PM »
Originally posted by Sabre
Good day, CT warriors.  I'm looking for feeback on the current planeset, particularly what's perked and what isn't.  The P-38's seem to be dominating the skies, with the F4U-1 a close second.  The CT team is discussing the following changes to the current set up:

1) Perk the P-38 at 4pp

Comments?

Sabre
CT-Team...putting the customer first:)

1)  Makes sense since it seems to be doing so well.
2)  If not a bit lower... but I like the Tony better anyway.
3)  Yep, they need the N1k2.

I will say though, that the Tony is a nice little plane.  I'll tangle with a Hellcat anyday with a Tony.  It's a very competitive little plane, although the Heck-Kitty can escape quite easily with a dive.  As long as the numbers are close to even I'll fly a Jug if I can though. :)

As for the bar dar range... I think you know what my answer is. :D  Increasing the bar dar range is a great idea, and will help the playability without harming the rest of the good stuff in the CT.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2002, 01:50:44 PM »
Increase bar dar.

As for perk costs? No opinion as I usually do not fly those planes. Well I did in the BoB set to get a Spit IX to compete with the 109's and 190's :)  But I could see where the easy availability of the N1K2 and especially the B17 would cause problems.

Westy