Author Topic: TOD, Fubar events and Tards.  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
TOD, Fubar events and Tards.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2002, 09:25:32 AM »
Killshooter on for the first 10-15 minutes would have saved me a few points for typing without hitting the buffer.  I'm just lucky I was in a B26 and didn't hit O first, otherwise we woulda had a buncha dead Mongrels friday night.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2002, 09:37:30 AM »
What's the big deal with KS?

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2002, 10:06:18 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
The important thing to remember gentlemen is that you are flying "ON YOUR HONOR". That needs to take first precedance over flying, fighting, winning or loosing.

I cannot over state my agreement with this...........

IMHO it is not for participants to decide whether they reup or not......... they should always (IMHO)ask the CM's for any additional life prior to assuming that their case warrants one.

The logs will find you out if you don't and honour is far more easily lost than regained.

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2002, 10:07:00 AM »
Welcome to the job Daddog.  I've got some bad news for you:
you're always going to be spending hours reading garbage from people accusing you of nonsense.  It's our way of showing you we care and appreciate  the job you're doing. :)

I'm just pointing out that Saturday's case was a very odd one.  If the Viking CO had contacted the CM (which he didn't, and no argument about that) and had then been denied a reroll, the CM would have been acting in accordance with the letter of the rules.  The resultant whining, however, would have been really ugly; the event would have been absolutely disastrous for the LW side, and the only organized weekly event in AH would have been effectively closed off to newbies.

Common law or equity?

The specific rules dictate a clear course of action.  But general rule #1 is to ensure that most people have a good time.

It's a tough call, sure, and one that's more easily made if nobody outside of the affected party finds out about it (which is the WB way of doing it).

what I'm saying is, in bizarre cases like these, the CMs have a lot of discretion, and most of us (including those, like me, who would have benefited from a gangbang) would support any decision the CM makes.  Those decisions, however, affect more than the frame itself, but the very success of AH events.

It sucks to be you :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2002, 10:09:43 AM by Dinger »

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2002, 11:49:40 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
What's the big deal with KS?
If KillShooter is on, then anyone accidentally firing off rockets, etc, will only kill themselves and not everybody they hit...  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2002, 12:04:49 PM »
I understand that, Flossy, I was questioning why play about with KS at all, why not just leave it on?

Most flyers are most used to MA settings, and under the KISS principle, I don't see why settings should be altered without a logical ground.

And with that in mind, I don't see how KS impinges on "immersion" (what ever that is in this context) at all.

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2002, 12:17:03 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker
I understand that, Flossy, I was questioning why play about with KS at all, why not just leave it on?
OK  :)  Well, I suppose being more of a scenario, it is supposed to make players more careful when firing their guns - most scenarios I have taken part in, either here or in AW, have had the ability to kill friendlies turned on.  I think this helps to get a better feel for the event, knowing that careless shots could cost the life of a friendly, and make us take extra care....
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2002, 01:52:07 PM »
Welcome to the job Daddog. I've got some bad news for you:
you're always going to be spending hours reading garbage from people accusing you of nonsense. It's our way of showing you we care and appreciate the job you're doing.

I would rather have players send money. ;)

Flossy has it right. Taking off killshooter adds to the “flavor” of our events. Some call it immersion, but what ever the name most who fly in our events are looking for something more a bit toward the realistic.  Personally I prefer to have it off and I think most would agree. Maybe having it on for 15 min would solve our problem.

We are hashing it out in the CM BB. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure