Author Topic: Poll: what do you do when you log into the CT?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Poll: what do you do when you log into the CT?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2002, 07:55:29 AM »
I usually greet the side I'm logged into.   I usually fly Axis, since its usually a safe bet the Axis will be outnumbered.

Now that I've joined a squad, when I fly squad night's I'll be going whereever the squad leader assigns us.

BTW, this is the downside of getting squad participation in the CT.  It'll definitely improve the numbers, but it may lead to wide swings in the Axis:Allied ratio as squads login for their squad nights.  

I think there are far more Allied-based squads, so it has the danger of becoming frequently lopsided in favor of the Allies.  I hope squad leaders will see this and act to minimize side imbalance.

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2002, 10:42:42 PM »
It all depends on the map/planeset, and what kind of mood I am in.  For the last two sets maps, I flew mostly Luftwaffe, since I slightly prefer the Germans over the Russians.  I got a hankering to fly Russian planes towards the end though, so I switched for a few days and flew Russian.  With the current map, I will almost certainly fly Allied only, since I dont like the Japanese planes very much.  On the Russia vs. Germany maps I would occasionally choose the outnumbered team if the numbers were really out of whack when I logged in, but I never switch once logged in.  With this pacific map, I really cannot see myself flying for the Japanese side at all, no matter how outnumbered they get.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2002, 10:58:47 PM »
I ask where the fight is, find very little, log off and play dod.  :(

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2002, 06:20:26 AM »
I usualy fly where the Aircraft I like are, but if numbers are too off & I'm not doing something purposefull (bombing raid with squaddies, or right in the middle of a capture). I'll tend to stay on the side where my squaddies are, but also enjoy shooting them from time to time... just depends of the mood I woke up, realy :)

Oh, and what Pepe does too :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2002, 03:59:31 PM »
First thing logging in, I check numbers and situation. Then I say hello to the folks on both sides (open channel). I figure the first few people who respond probably aren't in any serious action, so based on that, I look at situation again. Then I usually give up and just take the side that has the bird I wanna fly at that exact moment. Unless there is a serious underdog, then I'll fly with them, get waxed 3 or 4 times, get depressed and log out, lol.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2002, 04:51:56 PM »
Look at the map then the roster then log off .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2002, 07:43:01 PM »
Check the numbers per side and go help the short sided bunch, unless it's a PTO scenario, then I just grab a F6F or F4U and GO!:D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2002, 08:04:48 PM »
I log in, find the arena is porked, go squeak on the BBS, then wander off to dweebland in the MA. *sigh*
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2002, 11:34:55 AM »
I go to the side with the least number of pilots. If relativley even, the side with the least numer of Alabama fans.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
well, I logged out
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2002, 08:48:44 PM »
Jumped in to the CT for some HA fun. That was the area I would always fly in the other sim.

Well, I always carefully guard my PerkPoints and always fly for the under dog. Wow, NO POINTS AGAIN!! WOW!! what fun!! Tony's and Zeke's Vs Thunderbolts and Hogs.