Author Topic: About CVs...  (Read 167 times)

Offline DA98

• Copper Member
About CVs...
« on: March 09, 2001, 11:13:00 PM »
Just two things:

1.-I know that it will never be implemented, but I would really love the possibility for the commander to close the deck. I planned a mission tonight to attack A42 from the CV, a flight of 5 or 6 D-Hogs to close the base and provide CAP, and 1 or 2 M3 from A41 to take it. Well, surprise was very important for the attack to be succesfull, but we lost it when 2 players appeared on the deck in Zekes 5 minutes before the mission start time, with the associated red bar on enemy map, and the associated BARCAP appearing over A42. Obviously our heavy loaded Hogs died trying to make their way thru the enemy oposition, who had time to climb, and were waiting for us.

2.-Formation editors: anybody who has played Harpoon, knows what I'm talking about. That game had the possibility to edit your TG formation, putting the capital ships in the center, the air defense ships in the most probable direction of an air attack, antisub ships forming an antisub courtain, etc. It would allow us to put that nice and big cruiser between the CV and an enemy airbase or CV, or the destroyers in the way of incoming PT Boats, etc etc.

Well, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, it's hard to express it with my limited english knowledgment, thanks for taking the time to read it