Author Topic: When will the LW get a real Jabo?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
When will the LW get a real Jabo?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2002, 05:10:01 AM »
Eddiek, a rocket loadout, atleast for the smaller kind of rockets, wouldn't mind the mortar rockets for it either. And the 1000kg (think some even flew with 1500kg) loadout. Max loadout as we have now is 700kg.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2002, 05:18:51 AM »
Using a JU88 for a JABO role is pretty damned stupid.

JABO is Jagdbomber. Fighterbomber. Not bomber-that-can-dive-bomb.

A8 or F8: can handle my own if there's ane enemy. Good chance of escaping alive.

JU88: can turn with the enemy for a bit and prolong my life with a minute or two.

The JU88 is the second easiest plane to kill, just after the c47.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2002, 05:57:31 AM »
fariz stuka is not a jagdbomber its a specialized ground attack aircraft original designed for near verticle bombing. Adapted later as a tank killer.

Ground attack aircraft aren't  always fighterbombers. :)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2002, 06:53:25 AM »
Actually, with 4x20 or 4x20 and 2x30 guns plus a 250kg bomb, 190A8 is far better jabo than 190F8, so, IMO, with the current loadout options, 190F8 has no role at all in the game.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2002, 09:27:40 AM »
Originally posted by eddiek
(SIGH).......LW fans clamored for the 190F-8, said it was 190 version of Jabo....now they got it, and it ain't good enough.......(shakes head)
LW has their "real" jabo, at least from the hoopla dished out prior to it's release.  Sheesh guys, what does it take to make ya'll happy?  
:confused:

me personally? Just the loadouts they had.
how would you feel if the mosquito fighter/bomber only had 2x500 instead of 4x500lb? oh i forgot, it DID have an incorrect loadout and was fixed rather quickly wasnt it?

well i dont see the difference with what we ask for.

I fly 190a8 for jabo because i can destroy more in it than the 190f8. BUT, I still can only just destroy a hanger. I can only destroy 1 gv if they appear and if i didnt drop my bomb on first pass.

Now, with almost all allied stuff i can destroy a hanger in 1 pass.Basically all i want is a similar ability with an LW plane.
I dont care if its a me110, a me410, stuka or whatever(including added 190f8 loadouts) but it needs to have slightly more ordinance than 700kg.

eddeik call us whatever you like, whiners, moaners, ingrates  whatever, i dont give a damn, I feel its a fair and simple request

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2002, 09:45:13 AM »
Simple answer for simple people:

HTC has to make new weapons for the 190F8. Changing a plane's loadout from two choices already modelled in the game is very simple. Creating new weapons is a whole other thing.

Got it now? It's not as simple as you might think.
-SW
« Last Edit: January 30, 2002, 09:47:26 AM by AKSWulfe »

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2002, 09:45:42 AM »
Well Said hazed, I had forgot about the Mosquito my self.

And please guys, don't drag the Ju88 into the jabo discussion, it's a bomber with dive bombing capebilities and it is in no way a plane that can hold its own after drop.

The 190F8 could carry alot more then these 700Kg, one common loadout was 1x500kg and 2x250kg.

I fear that even if we happen to get an Me410 in the future, it will be without most different loadout options, it had ALOT of options in Real life, both for twin 30mm either Mk103's or 108's aswell as 50mm anti tank guns with both HE and AP just aswell as many different bomb loads and it was used as a fast light bomber and attack airplane.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2002, 10:09:49 AM »
Now, now hazed.......where did I call anyone a whiner?  I simply stated my viewpoint.     I didn't call anyone a whiner, or any other name for that matter.  
Mossie loadout?  I don't care about it,  I don't fly the thing much.  But if the loadout was wrong, and they jumped right in and corrected it, then the F-8 loadouts need to be adjusted or added to also.
As far as the loadouts for the different planes if they become available, like the Me-410, I don't care one way or another.  Whatever sub-type 410 HTC introduces, there will be someone saying it doesn't have the right loadouts, wrong ammo types, etc......instead of appreciating the hard work that goes into creating that bird.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2002, 12:53:43 PM »
most folks could live without the panzerschreck/panzerblitz rockets. But adding 250kg bombs wouldn't require anything new.

got it.......:rolleyes:

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2002, 01:25:11 PM »
It's not fixed (and WILL NOT be fixed) because Allied planes are liked more than horrible Axis pig planes.  Plain and simple.  :p  

(it was a joke...)  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2002, 01:52:08 PM »
STUKA!!

Broesy

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2002, 01:55:14 PM »
Attaching them to the wings requires something new.

Got it? Changing what's being loaded into an already designated area is different than adding a new hard point option for the 250kg bomb.

It's not too hard to understand, is it?
-SW

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2002, 03:15:36 PM »
It's allready got wingpoint Swulfe, it uses them for the 50kg bombs, all you need is a different weight there.

Shouldn't take much more time to modell it new though IMO.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2002, 03:44:04 PM »
oh no, not again :(

Although it's difficult to do, it can't be impossible given enough time.  Will depend on priorities I assume.  

To cut through all this stuff that sounds like everyone is suspicous of the other having hidden agendas, maybe the question should be if you're in favor giving the F8 a few more ordnance options or not.  Do not factor in time frame, since that's not something that we should be ultimately deciding.  Just a yes, or no and the why part optional (since that's where flames will most likely originate).  

I'd say yes, in favor of giving the F8 more options.  I was under the impression that they were indeed used in combat.

This is a valid concern, and having each one of these requests turn into pissing contests over perceived knowledge, bias, and "size" doesn't help anyone reading through it.  See the other thread in the aircraft and vehicles area also.  I personally don't care nation-wise who gets what (even wrt aircraft: P-47N/M fine, Ki-84 fine, Spit XIV fine b/c I fly what I want, everything else is either a target or a friendly).  If allied aircraft are missing something be it RAF, RAAF, USAF, USN, VVS, RNZAF, IJAF, etc. then I'd like it to have it someday especially if it increases the effectiveness of the a/c.  Napalm, big rockets, big bombs, cbu's, whatever nation.  However, if someone from HTC enters the thread and says "no" then the matter should be dropped, period.  I don't remember if Pyro or HT came in those earlier threads about the F8 and said "no" or not, but if they did then this should be dropped as a decision has been made.  

mauser

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2002, 06:01:57 PM »
Look guys...the 110 we are getting fits the BoB planeset that we are getting this version and will fit very nicely for scenarios.  Its a relatively simple step for them to take this 110 version and make into a late war version some time down the road.  The amount of time it takes for Nate and Super to model one of these large twin engine aircraft is enormous.  Just because we are getting an early war 110 which was asked for by the CM team does not mean that HTC is being unfair to the LW flyers out there.

Chill out and give them some time.....your late war 110 will get here eventually.