Author Topic: Help with CT map  (Read 825 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Help with CT map
« on: January 30, 2002, 04:40:51 PM »
I'll be posting a CT map in H2h about 9 PM EST, I'll need some people to help test a few things.

THANKS, to all the others that came in and helped test things sofar.

I found a problem in Rommels defensive line and corrected it.
Theres many mannable guns and Batts at the line you can select at V12 to help defend the "line" It maybe alittle hard to read the type and gun selection because the VH mesh covers the typeset. I may remove the Mesh canopy from the VH hanger and see if this will eliminate this problem. I'll need some help testing these guns again.

Also there is a Bridge up north that needs testing, YES a freakin' workable destroyable bridge. I'll want to test the Mannable guns on the bridge. Any problems with veiws ( under , over  and all sides) from a planes point of veiw. The sides are Bish vs. Knights. The bridge is assigned to Rooks ( who is the 3rd party out) that way it can be destroyed, protected and captured by axis or allied.  I am  also looking for Frame rate hits over the bridge, I'm seeing very minimal difference in Frame rates, but that is off line with just myself , so i'll need peoples help to tress test the frame rates over the bridge.

Also I want to test Pt's and the CV's ability to go under the bridge.

Also i have been having a few problems "seeing" other planes and Icons, I think I may also have corrected this problem but need to see if anyone else is having this problem.

So anyone that wants to help test and give some feed back , your more than welcome to come in and help.

Thanx in advance.

NUTTZ
P.S. Bring Sunscreen!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Help with CT map
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 07:23:25 PM »
OMW:)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2002, 12:50:34 AM »
You guys missed a treat last night... got a look at the new Tunisia Terrain from NUTTZ.

I'll crawl right out on a limb here and state that when this terrain hits the CT, the LW will have a freakin ball.

I sure hope we get a P40E REAL soon... and am even now trying to devise a way to crack the Rommel Line, storm the Citidel Bridge and crush the German facilities and port.

WTFG NUTTZ, another kick-ass terrain. I got a suntan, drank a gallon of LI Iced Tea and had a blast. thanks for the tour!

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2002, 06:52:08 AM »
I missed it last night. :(
But I'd be happy to post it and a link for all to d/l and test if you want..
Let me know if i can help.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
nuttz for president!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2002, 08:19:58 AM »
Had a chance to noodle around for about an hour last night and all i can say is wow!  This is THE best terrain I've seen.  It's going to be a blast for ACM, A2G and tankers alike!  

Great job nuttz.  Don't know that I was much help but I sure had fun!

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 11:55:42 AM »
THANX to all that came and helped, Even just showing up helped me more than you could imagine.

Ok, heres the skinny, the bridge was transparent and bothered me,, I fixed the bridge last night after the test and feedback. The bridge is now NOT transparent and sections can now be destroyed! the final bridge version will be inplace by Saturday.

Frame rates over the bridge and "line" took very very Minimal Hits, Thats a PLUS!!!!!

Rommels defensive line is a big hit, I've got sweaty palms cresting the ridge and seeing that fortress. The text buffer from others attacking the "line" was exactly what i wanted to hear:)

I got that feeling I get when I fly senerios, and i was only in a H2H!!

I still have the CV waypoint touches land,,, Hmmmm
I still cannot see any people But everyone can see each other.

Once again  A BIG THANX to everyone that showed up.

Pokie, I need your help with a few things ( minor stuff)

If anyone at HTC is reading this I am getting a weird error when i do a search on feild stuff

Something about feild 704, 693, and 387 maprooms can collide. I don't have but 13 feilds and once i swapped feild 1 with feild 13, I got the same error but one of the feild maproom collision errors switched numbers.   A 3 digit feild number?  SO i checked the .Oba files and see no 3 digit feilds.  

On a brighter Note I now completely understand the Object "Jargan" and the meaning of each.

My next step is applying the depots.

This map Is very Unique, theres a strats system within a strat system, theres something for everyone.  You'll be gauranteed to find a fight, you'll be immursed, I'm unbias towards allied and axis so both sides will squeak:)  

NUTTZ

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2002, 01:30:16 PM »
I missed it, when are you running it again?

CRASH

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2002, 07:02:47 PM »
Crash, I was planning to run this Tonight, but i have a few problems with the bridge. Pokie is going to help me fix them tonight and tomorrow.  I will lay down a few depots and run the trains by tomorrow. And add the Allied fields in the North. And a few british feilds in the south.

THEN comes my tricky part.  I want a resistance theory in my map, like a spring the more you expand it the HARDER it is to expand. take that idea and try adding depots and feilds that relate to that idea. ROmmel couldn't get the much needed gas and oil to keep his tanks going. And the American and british supplies couldn't keep up with the fast advance. I am trying to design the strats around this Idea.

What i think I have achieved in this map is a well balanced ground AND air combination, You'll DEFINATELY need coordination by BOTH air and ground assualts to achived objectives.

Also I worked away to SPLIT a bridge:) WTF you Talkin' Bout you ask?

there are 3 Major bridges that by choice can be destroyed  to STOP enemy advancement or Captured and protected FOR advancement... But heres the beauty in it, The bridge is split, ONE country can own ONE side WHILE the other country owns the other side. Now you'll have to TRY and take the other side ( which isn't so easy) Or destroy your side to STOP advancement. How can NUTTZ  do this you ask?  CAUSE NUTTZ IS NUTS!!!!!!! and always thinks outside the box!!!!!!!

BTW it's over water and PT's and LV's can cross under as well as planes. Now tonight i WILL get the CV to cross under it ( no worries the Mast clears the bridge)

NOW , this may cause some problems ( scratching head and thinking about Player controlled CV command) I'm sure people on the same side may disagree, but sofar the low numbers in the CT IMO has EVERYone  on the same side coordinating with each other. Untill the Numbers increase I don't think there will be too much " squeakin"  On "IF" the bridge NEEDS to be "blowed up, Sir!"

NUTTZ
Expect the Unexpected!

Originally posted by CRASH
I missed it, when are you running it again?

CRASH

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2002, 11:25:41 AM »
Nuttz,
I don't know if you are still getting the 'maproom can collide' message. If you are, goto the object tabs in the editor, then list all the maproom objects. Next, select each map room in the list and open its properties. Go through every map room and make sure you uncheck the 'can collide' box. FYI, the error itself makes those fields uncapturable.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Help with CT map
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2002, 12:33:50 PM »
Thanx Sundog,

Pokie got me up to speed with the objects editor... Soon I'll be a thorn in HTC's side with that also:) The objects Editor is pretty straight forward, and I'm getting pretty familiar and comfortable with it now.
It's just a matter of finding the "work around" and testing, testing, testing.

I always ask people the come to H2h and check out my maps, I get so much better feedback and find out the little problems that way.
I THANK any input or heads up.

Post like ours get very little response on the board, I wish i could get 10 people to respond to help testing a new map, But i guess they all to busy with their 100 or so post why Mr X is RammJammer:( Shame , real shame.

BTW< the Bridge is sweet!

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Sundog
Nuttz,
I don't know if you are still getting the 'maproom can collide' message. If you are, goto the object tabs in the editor, then list all the maproom objects. Next, select each map room in the list and open its properties. Go through every map room and make sure you uncheck the 'can collide' box. FYI, the error itself makes those fields uncapturable.