Author Topic: HTC: One simple question, please answer.  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
HTC: One simple question, please answer.
« on: June 23, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
You gonna do something about the numbers or not?  Just tell us now please.

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
I heard they were going to turn killshooter off, and make whole game 1 country, turning it into giant vulching furballs at every field.

;)

Hamish!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
Yeah and don't forget power-ups and Quad-damage icons  :D

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
I keep saying, an exponetial perk system (along with some more perk planes   ;) ) will work wonderers!

3-2-1 ratio should give

3=10% perk points

2=100% perk points

1=500% perk points

You'd be amazed at how fast things even out once perk points become a factor.  Right now I ignore them, because theres nothing to spend them on thats worth a crud.  I'm sure they are considering all options.....seems like just a few months ago rooks were in the tanker forever.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
I beleave there was some talk about turning the perk plane cost's off when outnumbered (thats what I would do).

Hans.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2001, 08:27:00 PM »
if we had better perk planes maybe
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2001, 09:27:00 PM »
What, like a P-38K*?

* 3=O, 8=R

;)

Offline Professor Fate

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2001, 09:39:00 PM »
Can't understand why perk points are an issue there's people with thousands of them.  Nobody uses them very much, the only people it would help are those new to AH and then they will gather a thousand and those that been around will have even more.  I see the market being flooded by perks and nobody is spending them which will soon make them useless but to the very few who are new to AH.

I've found taking a high dollar perk plane is a waste of time, it's a magnet the nme sees 152 and you got the whole country after you.  Many are just as happy crashing themselves into you just to see your points go down the tiolet.

Then again I could be totally wrong    :)

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Professor Fate ]

Offline SC-DeMutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2001, 01:55:00 AM »
Perk point trading would be kinda cool, or even generalizing the application of, or allowing 'user choice' in deciding where to apply awarded points. (ie: ftr, bmbr, veh, etc), as opposed to the current method of applying PPs to vh etc. where they are currently completely useless.

Personally, I don't care for perk points, or ranking systems of any kind that empower one player over another. To me, those are decisions better left to individual squadrons.

A good application for perks would be to reduce my monthly bill by x amount. But allowing some doughhead to mess with my fun just because he has a higher ranking in the game, Doesn't set well with me.

I realise that it's a tough call to try and please everyone, And there exceptions to every rule.

Perhaps, Mutual respect, and consideration by all, For all, Might be a better 'Code of Conduct' in the interim.

(But what do I know? This prolly shoulda been a 'New post'!) [DOH!]

S!

SC-MUTT
Skeleton Crew;
Commanding

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: SC-DeMutt ]

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
<PUNT>

Come on HTC, it's monday, you've seen the boards, I've asked nicely and not too many people have tried to hyjack.  Gimme an answer please, just a quick yes or no.  

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
<hi-jack mode on>

Yeah and those Hispanos are way overmodelled and the C-hog is an abomination.

And the NIKI....dont get me started!!!

<hi-jack mode off>

Hiya Swoop!!!   :D

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »
Yeah and those Hispanos are way overmodelled and the C-hog is an abomination.

And the NIKI....dont get me started!!!

Spoken like an FDP.

If you've flown the CHog or N1K2, you are a dweeb and your oppinion means nothing.

If you haven't flown the CHog or the N1K2, your simply talking out your bellybutton because you don't really know anything about them.

I can't figure out if the average FDP is better at being a dweeb or talking out their ass.

And don't even get me started on SOB...

AKDejaVu

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2001, 05:13:00 PM »
Other day I took a chog, 4 ata kills and 4 acks, bingo fuel I ditched near a friendly vh base.. damn thing cost me 5 points.

In Vegas, if you place a 5 dollar bet, you could loose, or win 20 dollars. Seems to me you should get more points not less..

But your right nobody uses their points anyway. Maybe if everyone got reset to zero at the start of each tour your perk points factored in to your overall score, along with gunnery % that might work.

What if all the late war planes were perked?
The better the plane, the more points you would recieve, but, the more they cost. Then guys would have towork up to the better rides... heh.. it would be a defacto revolving planeset
Loose all them points and your back to flying the swordfish (thats hell for newbies though)
10B

Offline gijeff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2001, 06:00:00 PM »
Salute Gents,

:)   Now THAT is a good idea.  Make the most recent planes have the most perk values, and you have to build up points to fly them.  That would make the planeset automagically revolve.  GREAT idea 10Bears!    :D

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2001, 06:06:00 PM »
late war cheap perks good idea. Need earlier models of all planes first though. P-38J, early zeke, early f4u, early b17's (no nose turret.. not that it matters as long as turrets shoot through fuselage anyway) and of course, an early A-26!!!  :D