Author Topic: Why is there no language filter in TA?  (Read 320 times)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Why is there no language filter in TA?
« on: January 28, 2002, 11:23:30 AM »
I have been going into the TA nearly every evening to see if anyone needs help.  For the most part, the folks in there are trying hard to learn the game.  

...but by some the cussing (and general assininity) is just out of control.  Why isn't the filter on in there?

It just incites the folks normally predisposed to learning the game into being vulch tards.  Its non-productive.

AND WHERE ARE THE TRAINERS???

F.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 11:42:45 AM »
i agree 100 %

it seems odd that the filter is not in place in the TA.

and i see the same thing.  most folks just want to learn, or "duel" one on one in a productive and healthy atmosphere.

however the insults and cuss words are all to often there.  it is always a conflict with me as to whether i should take the person to task on their foul language and behavior, or ignore it and escape the escalation of mud slinging that results from telling a player to knock it off.

of course there is always the squelch option, but why should i have to?  in addition, new players have enough trouble with the flight control aspect of the game, and shouldnt have to deal with "advanced" commands such as squelch.

Offline poppysead

• Zinc Member
Airial animosity
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2002, 04:04:24 PM »
Though I have bore the brunt of many a potty mouthed 12yr old thinking it's cool to cuss onling I have rarely thought it necesary to filter any language. I find it amusing that people flying a ww2 flight simulator are attempting to squelch the colorful language that in a way is the reason the real war was fought. Ever heard of freedom of speach? Even though I don't like all the rude behavior it is occasionaly funny to have an advisary toggle bettween opening his chute and cussing me out... my advice,... get over it, cover your eyes, or do whatever you have to but please dont attempt to save the rest of us from our own potty mouths. Not trying to be a jerk just my point of view. See you in the arena kids.;)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2002, 06:52:47 PM »
poppysead, pay attention.

There is a filter in the MA.  It needs to to be turned on in the TA.

The people diligent enough to spend time learning the game in the TA should not have to put up with the amount of crap that occurs there now.

F.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2002, 09:36:12 PM »
the TA is a great place to train your vulching skills it seems. :rolleyes:

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2002, 12:47:16 PM »
heh.. i think popyseed ment that MAYBE, there should be no language filter in ANY arenas.  I agree, i think its funny, and yes even i go off cussing when i am not satisfied :D.  There are plenty are things people can do to ignore/not see what morons type (like myself).