Author Topic: Moderator Moderation  (Read 853 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2002, 02:34:56 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
"My wifes boobies are a drug...any chance of rehabilitation?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah Ripsnort, its called "weaning."   You must be a late bloomer.

:p

ROTFLOL!  Good come back!

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2002, 02:43:53 PM »
Originally posted by skernsk
Wow.  Can you feel the love?

Shut up you racist! this is all your fault anyway!:p :p :p

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2002, 02:47:48 PM »
Not to stick ya in the back Udie 'ol buddy 'ol pal.  But wasn't the racist MrFish (going back to the Jew posting days).  Now shut up and pass MrFish your doobie:D

Wow how times have changed on this BB.  Hell it's like a good daytime soap opera.  Now all we need is to have Fatty's mom sleep around and we need someone to suffer from amnesia.

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2002, 02:52:43 PM »
Not to stick ya in the back Udie 'ol buddy 'ol pal.  But wasn't the racist MrFish (going back to the Jew posting days).  Now shut up and pass MrFish your doobie:D

Wow how times have changed on this BB.  Hell it's like a good daytime soap opera.  Now all we need is to have Fatty's mom sleep around and we need someone to suffer from amnesia.

i forgot what we were typing about :D  best part of being a doper is the "short term convenient memory" ;)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2002, 02:59:41 PM »
Originally posted by Udie at Work

i forgot what we were typing about :D  best part of being a doper is the "short term convenient memory" ;)

Wrong again Udie ya potheaded freak.  you said in "the locked thread" that you have been using HEAVILY (in bold if memory serves).  In the same virtual breath you said it has had no ill effects on you whatsoever.

WELL?!?:D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2002, 03:02:15 PM »
Wow.  Can you feel the love?

Hope it doesn't leave a stain...
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2002, 03:05:57 PM »
Originally posted by JoeCrip
AKS Waffle, i was using that term very vaguly. If you want me to go into how a bill becomes A law, i will. If not STFU you moron

Two points here (in deference to Mr. Fish's request that we all show  fair and equal annoyance on the boards).

1. When you attack the man you automatically lose the debate, at least in my view. If you can make your case on fact, I'll read it and consider it. If you just want to call somebody names, you're wasting my time.

2. Vulgarity is the first refuge of the truly unimaginative. If that's your best debate technique... :rolleyes:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2002, 03:10:24 PM »

Wrong again Udie ya potheaded freak.  you said in "the locked thread" that you have been using HEAVILY (in bold if memory serves).  In the same virtual breath you said it has had no ill effects on you whatsoever.

WELL?!?:D

You filthy cup of ceptic juice!

Where did I say that made me sick?  There you go lying again to try and prove you're point.  That makes you an atheist christian! and a communist nazi you republican democrat!

:D

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2002, 03:10:56 PM »
What?!  Who said Toad could post something in here that makes sense?

So much for my afternoon entertianment:(

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2002, 03:26:37 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

Two points here (in deference to Mr. Fish's request that we all show  fair and equal annoyance on the boards).

did i say that? wow there's something to that short term memory thingy afterall ;)

i've been on the wrong side of most of you and probably will be again, but if anyone else attacked you i'd freak out.

it's called 'family' i guess. or maybe 'community' - either way....its all pretty human
:)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2002, 03:30:29 PM »
I agree with you that we need to be more moderate in our administration of the board.  I think we've been too liberal in that regard and some guests cannot help themselves but to abuse it.  

How people conduct themselves here is a reflection of this community, this game, and this company.  Why any of those things should have to suffer because of the abuses of a few is what's unfair.  I have no desire to treat anyone as a child, for I have no desire to be treated as a babysitter.  But whose court is that ball in?

I've watched things quickly degrade over the last few months.  A profanity search over the past 3 months versus the last few years bears out that piece of it.  While some may be quick to point the finger at the influx of new players recently, that's not where the abuses are coming from in here.  If this is the example being set by long-time players, how do we expect new players to behave?

I've reached the end of my patience.  I have a lot of development work to do and that's what I'd rather be doing right now, but that's not my only responsibility.  

Anyone who continues to abuse the hospitality of this board will do so at their own risk.  Consider any personal warning on the matter gratuitous.

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2002, 03:38:00 PM »
I hear ya pyro, i will defintally try to tone it down a bit...but just the thought that half the community here supporsts drugs seem outragious to me :mad:

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2002, 03:50:06 PM »
While some may be quick to point the finger at the influx of new players recently, that's not where the abuses are coming from in here. If this is the example being set by long-time players, how do we expect new players to behave?

I enjoy 99% of the posts on the BB.  Even animal's:)

When things degrade like they did in the locked thread I agree it's time to stop and regroup.  We have the right to speak our minds, but who ever said it was ok to verbally abuse another person?  

I guess for me things have gotten to the point where I have been here a while and most people know the virtual "me".  When I spout off to Udie we both know it's nothing personal and are merely amusing ourselves with dueling posts. :)

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2002, 03:53:15 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
I agree with you that we need to be more moderate in our administration of the board.  I think we've been too liberal in that regard and some guests cannot help themselves but to abuse it.  

How people conduct themselves here is a reflection of this community, this game, and this company.  Why any of those things should have to suffer because of the abuses of a few is what's unfair.  I have no desire to treat anyone as a child, for I have no desire to be treated as a babysitter.  But whose court is that ball in?

I've watched things quickly degrade over the last few months.  A profanity search over the past 3 months versus the last few years bears out that piece of it.  While some may be quick to point the finger at the influx of new players recently, that's not where the abuses are coming from in here.  If this is the example being set by long-time players, how do we expect new players to behave?

I've reached the end of my patience.  I have a lot of development work to do and that's what I'd rather be doing right now, but that's not my only responsibility.  

Anyone who continues to abuse the hospitality of this board will do so at their own risk.  Consider any personal warning on the matter gratuitous.

Sorry to keep you from your real work Pyro.  I've got to be one of the ones in you're profanity search.  I'll tone it down I promise, no more bigotry nazi stuff!!!!!  I won't intentionally push anybody's buttons anymore either. - shake and make up Weazel? :)

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Moderator Moderation
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2002, 04:04:18 PM »
Udie you are a swell person.:)