Author Topic: Super Duper Troopers?  (Read 534 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Super Duper Troopers?
« on: February 06, 2002, 01:24:38 AM »
Seems when the paratroopers hit the deck and start running (or as soon as they're let out of an M3), they each become as strong as Superman on PCP and killing them is near impossible.  Is this by design or maybe a bug?

This strength led to a tactic (knowingly or not) of sending M3 after M3 after M3 to the town and letting their troopers out well short of the town.  I personally killed off at least 3 M3s, but for the life of me I don't think strafing the troopers did any good.  There were plenty of other planes strafing them as well, but it didn't seem to stop 'em.

Is this a bug?  Is it only in the CT or everywhere?  Do I just suck too much to kill 'em?  Inquiring tards want to know!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Super Duper Troopers?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2002, 12:50:41 PM »
They certainly seem to have kevlar jackets and personal force fields.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Super Duper Troopers?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2002, 01:03:43 PM »
We haven't messed with lethality settings. Possibly a connx prob?

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Super Duper Troopers?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2002, 01:06:50 PM »
They seem to die quite quickly, but only if you're really close and can sight them in properly. I happened upon a drop of them with an M3 a while back and they were all within 100yds. They were easy to hit as you had the actual troop itself to aim at and the .50cal took them out really fast.

I've had similar problems with them at longer range though. I think that might be because they're just really hard to hit once they're on the ground since they're so small.  After all you don't have that big old chute to aim for (and shooting at the "P" doesn't do it :->).

Vortex
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
Super Duper Troopers?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2002, 02:04:21 PM »
I dropped a 250kg bomb not 10yards from them last night and all of them just kept on going. right thru the edge of the crater.