Author Topic: There needs to be a fourth side...  (Read 282 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
There needs to be a fourth side...
« on: February 04, 2001, 08:58:00 AM »
...call it the "Reality Team".

In reality, we understand this is a game. We don't need to worry about what plane we are in, about tactics we use (HO), participation or not in missions, whether or not someone stays on our side or not. We need a place where the world channel is permanently squelched, where the minute you whine you are banned to one of the other three sides... We need the side where we don't care if our side is bombed to oblivion or if we rule the arena, so long as we are having a good time. We need a side that doesn't accrue points, doesn't give a damn about perks, and doesn't allow anal little generals to scold on the country channel.

Failing that, we need a VOX key that will allow us to private said generals with a flood of "Bite Me!" calls.  

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
Haha

So you, effectively, want the equivalent of what the XFL is to the NFL?

** Cool! **

Count me in!

Paul

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
 Hey! If kieren gets to whine. So do I.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Seeing how this is a whining about whining thread...

Was it just me - or did yesterday seem like some kind of open house... a sort of Bring A Moron To AH day?

We need another category for the stats page: Inane BS channel 1 comms per sortie. Or how many times you say "dweeb" per death. I know some guys that would sit at a solid 1/1 ratio there.

How many times have you killed a guy, looked down at the syst message to see who it was, then upon finding out you braced for the innevitable?... oh toejam.. here it comes...

"You cheater HO dweeb! I wasn't even looking but there's no WAY you could have that much E and to top it off I've got a sore wrist <ahem> so I wasn't flying that good anyways (or I'dda kicked your ass) but even if I did I bet you had friends with you anyways you gang-bang dweeb."

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
Mine was a troll.  

I like to remind people we are playing a game.

There was the "Leave me alone and let me fly the way I want" threads (one of which I started).

There are numerous "Perk/anti-Perk" threads that keep popping up.

The "Scoring isn't right" threads come and go...

Then with the "side-changing" thread I kinda feel like some of us really do take this whole game a bit too seriously. I remember the days when it was a thrill to get Pacific Air War connected so that my brother and I could fly H2H over a modem... I honestly think we had more fun with less than some do here with all they have available to them. Sometimes less is more, I guess.

My tongue-in-cheek probe is to wonder aloud if there are any other people out there who just enjoy the moment they have online and don't feel the obsessive need to quantify away all the "fun". The real difference between men and boys is boys don't need to post big numbers to prove they had fun. I'd rather be a boy when I play.  

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
Middle-Islands are good place for those who like furballing, Just make those bases un-capturable. Better yet open a new arena for them  

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
BTW, the "Bite Me" VOX command does appeal to you, doesn't it?  

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2001, 10:23:00 PM »
How about fix the P38L instead.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
Easymo, you are getting better with age! I really, truly am enjoying your wit. S!  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2001, 11:16:00 PM »
BTW, the "Bite Me" VOX command does appeal to you, doesn't it?  

ROFL!

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch