Author Topic: Apologies to Zigrat  (Read 659 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Apologies to Zigrat
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »

Originally posted by Eagler:
Rip was using the "fog of war". As it is impossible to sneak up in this GAME, more power to him. It keeps you thinking. Shrink the map, get rid of the green and red bars, limit icons to 1k... then you wouldn't have to sail/fly off the edge of the world to sneak up on someone.

Eagler

Errr, Rip was not commanding the CV that day...I only used it for a mission.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
Apologies to Zigrat
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
If you look closely at the clip of the map earlier in the thread, you will see that the sectors on the edge of the map are not 25x25 sectors.  The little bit of white "edge" encroaches into the sector, making it smaller.  A full 25x25 goes into the white "edge" and ends at the tan part.  Which possibly means that the white "edge" is still part of the terrain.  Yes, I actually held a lined sheet of paper to my monitor.  Yes, I could very well be wrong.  Not saying anything about gaming the game or who is right or wrong, just pointing out that the fringe sectors are 25x25 if you go all the way thru the white to the tan.  

Fury

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Apologies to Zigrat
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2001, 05:50:00 PM »
It's 1912. The quarterback takes the snap.. TURNS. Runs 10 steps back; TURNS; throws the ball... it sails 30 yards down the field; is caught, run into the endzone... TOUCHDOWN!

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!" hollers the opposing coach.. His assistant, rule book open in his hand, points; sez to the coach, "Forward pass". "WHAAAAAT??? I know it's a 'FORWARD PASS' you IDIOT! We DON'T do it; even if it is possible, because IT'S GAMING THE GAWDAMNNED GAME! Those BASTARDS!! Can you believe it?? Keeerist.. in all my 40 years of football...."

True story. It happened. "Gaming the game" is PART of the game.. get used to it. Adapt. or be assimilated anyway.  

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
Apologies to Zigrat
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
For the nth time, TG20 was always on the map up to the launch of NathBDP/Ripsnort's mission.

It was after the launch that the CV was sent off map.

Sending it off map to hinder repraisals was gaming the game, I agree.

But the raid to HQ itself was legit all the way. At all times, up to the launch, the CV stayed on the blue part of the map. The CV was not detected up to that time, not because it was off map, but because nobody took off from it until it was in position.

Unless you're saying that the sector counters don't work in the left-most sectors?

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)