Author Topic: Nice updates...use?  (Read 391 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Nice updates...use?
« on: February 07, 2002, 06:14:33 PM »
Well it sure is nice to have the ability to create a terrain, but for what?

I mean, Scearios, CT, etc. are nice, but the majority of AH flight time is spent in the Main arena.
So when are we going to see player created terrain in the MA?

I asked what it would take, but never got so much as an acknowlegement from a mamber of HTC.

Is there a reason you won't acknowlege such requests?

If you just don't have time to check accuracy or format, then you can just say that.
I assure you I won't be offended by that.

If you've checked our terrains, and are not pleased with our submissions, then let us know.  (Perhaps even say why)

I asked if there were certain criteria, but no reply.

I designed a complete 3 counrty terrain that follows the current and past capture strategies, ballanced the game play areas, and included te most up to date functionality (trains/trucks/etc.).

What will it take?

Sincerely,
Viper

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Nice updates...use?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2002, 10:07:37 PM »
Sky Viper, your to nice in your post. you must be vulgar, troll, use foul language and personally attack everyone for replies to your post. IF you THINK i jest, take a look at the rest of the BBS.

Sincerly,
NUTTZ

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Nice updates...use?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2002, 04:07:22 AM »
Originally posted by Sky Viper
Well it sure is nice to have the ability to create a terrain, but for what?

:)

Make a map that "works" in every aspect, is bang up to date with the latest features/objects/strats (that were not there when you started bulding it) that is so good that everyone wants to use it and play in it. One that does not attract a vocal few who whine about it being too this or not enough that.

Put passion into your map.

Be nice to every one, make your self a "name" that folks like to associate with.

Find a benefactor inside HTC. Get to know him/her on a personal level.

Lobby the comunity to "vote for you".  

Network ................ vigorously

Humbly present your creation to HTC for consideration.

You may try all of the above or just a few and it still may or may not be taken up.

However what I would never expect to happen would be for HTC to issue some criteria against which they could later be "levered" with. (Even if that is not your intent)

I would assume that HTC will go with those maps that suit their business plan at the time. And each offerring will be looked upon in that light at the time it is offerred.

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Re: Re: Nice updates...use?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2002, 09:38:31 AM »
I'm sorry, did you mean to say something Tilt?
(just kidding) :)

Except for pleasing everyone, (this is not possible) I have done everything here.
However, I haven't received so much as a "No thanks" from HTC.

And honestly, I don't expect that they would make a list of criteria that makes a map final.  I also realize that if they had a submission program, that we might flood them with maps to review, and they wouldn't be able to concentrate on game updates/fixes.  I would also guess that they don't want to get a rep as playing favorites.
Using NUTTZ textures for instance, would be obvious and they may have to give him credit.  Or one of our maps being open to the public before they have a chance to review it would mean that individuals might point blame or credit and cause disruptions.
(not that anyone can't see a similarity between Mindanao and Jihad's textures)

The point of my post is this:  There is much talent here! (Free talent!!!)
I just think it would be cool if they could include our efforts and skills in the MA where everyone could enjoy them, rather than just on the bbs or some small 1 time event where only a few will know the true talent of the community with which they are associated.

Viper

Originally posted by Tilt

Make a map that "works" in every aspect, is bang up to date with the latest features/objects/strats (that were not there when you started bulding it) that is so good that everyone wants to use it and play in it. One that does not attract a vocal few who whine about it being too this or not enough that.

Put passion into your map.

Be nice to every one, make your self a "name" that folks like to associate with.

Find a benefactor inside HTC. Get to know him/her on a personal level.

Lobby the comunity to "vote for you".  

Network ................ vigorously

Humbly present your creation to HTC for consideration.

You may try all of the above or just a few and it still may or may not be taken up.

However what I would never expect to happen would be for HTC to issue some criteria against which they could later be "levered" with. (Even if that is not your intent)

I would assume that HTC will go with those maps that suit their business plan at the time. And each offerring will be looked upon in that light at the time it is offerred.

Tilt