Author Topic: A Funny Moment...  (Read 138 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
A Funny Moment...
« on: February 13, 2002, 07:14:58 PM »
Flying just North of P14 last night in the Ndisles terrain I was attacking the nme cv there with my pony.  I dropped 2x1000lb bombs from 10k alt and then pulled back up, keeping out of ack range.  As I watched for the bomb strikes I noticed some planes upping from the cv.  Oops, missed!  My bombs landed just in front of the bow...  hang on, that plane that just took off is going down!

Hehe seems that the seafire must have been caught in the splash of my two bombs hitting the water... hehe sorry Tarras. ;)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
A Funny Moment...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 10:06:57 PM »
LOL... not bad Blue.. not bad at all.

...kinda like the time somebody dropped an egg on the runway spawn point as a mission launched.

1 egg... 12 kills.

Top that. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
A Funny Moment...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 11:48:08 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
LOL... not bad Blue.. not bad at all.

...kinda like the time somebody dropped an egg on the runway spawn point as a mission launched.

1 egg... 12 kills.

Top that. ;)

Hang?  Was that from the base along the coast in  the NE part of Lake Uterus?? I never counted the kills but I gotta bunch once with 2 bombs and rockets spread out the lenght of that runway...
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
A Funny Moment...
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 01:37:07 AM »
I remember that, back in day, I think Citabria did it.  If memory serves he saw some people parked on the end of the runway, figgered what the hell and dropped on 'em turns out it was a mission in the works and he got somthing like 14 kills.   It was pretty funny to see the text buffer get suddenly flooded hehe.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
A Funny Moment...
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 06:00:14 AM »
Brady and I once went to a med field and I deacked it and was rtbn while he covered it.

While he was there 2 goons popped up on one end of the runway he killed them. Then p51s and a couple buffs spawned he got like 16 kills. If I remember correctly a few guys spawned more then once including the goons. We figured they were noobs and could imagine them on mission channel "wtf just killed" damn theres a spawn bug I just blew up when I spawned......" :)

Brady was in a 205 I believe he must  had one helluva perk run :)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
A Funny Moment...
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2002, 10:27:46 AM »
I think that was me soulyss. I dropped eggs on end of runway when a b17 to HQ mission was spawning. 14 smacks and a hell of a lot of pissed turbolaser drivers :)

But heck, I wont be surprised if festardria did one too lol.

I've been hit by ord from a single 25k lanc when ive spawned.. it feels great to know that toejam happens *G*

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
A Funny Moment...
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2002, 11:14:40 AM »
I won't mention what happened in the recent TOD when someone in a squadron accidently fired his rockets while lining up to take off....:D (Kill shooter is off in TOD's)