Author Topic: Ken Lay... Public Enemy No. 1?  (Read 237 times)

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
Ken Lay... Public Enemy No. 1?
« on: February 14, 2002, 02:22:11 PM »
The other day I wrote a post called John Ashcroft and basicly I flamed the congress for treating Ken Lay as if he was already convicted of a crime and the worst person on the planet, before he's even been charged with a crime.  For all we really know Ken Lay's wife was correct when she said he new nothing about it.  Infact we have to assume he's innocent......

Well I just found this over at drudgereport.com......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9996-2002Feb14.html

Short but interesting read.  I for one hope he didn't do anything wrong and comes out the "victim"  so all those hypocrites in the congress have to come out and publicly apologise :)  Maybe it will teach them a thing or two about our constitution, wow their first lesson!

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 02:40:57 PM »
All i can say about this is...wait...I plead the 5th

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2002, 08:18:47 PM »
How convenient.
sand

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 01:40:58 AM »
Well, he can't have it both ways.  He is either guilty of fraud or the most incredibly incompetent CEO I've ever seen to not have a clue where Enron's reported income was coming from.

Offline VWE001

• Copper Member
Well this explains it!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 08:20:27 AM »
:D :D

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 09:50:25 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Well, he can't have it both ways.  He is either guilty of fraud or the most incredibly incompetent CEO I've ever seen to not have a clue where Enron's reported income was coming from.

Yeah I agree.  I don't see how that could happen with out his knowing about it, but it is possible I guess.   I don't really have a position, I would just like to see congress get caught being hypocrites.

VWE01 funny add :D

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2002, 10:21:02 AM »
Yeah, they've all got their prepared statements etc, etc, but though they might be hypocritical and hollow, they're right.  It's so widespread that Enron has contributed that they're tripping over themselves to investigate.  Hell he's going to be in prison, what's a couple hours in front of a few congressmen.

Sure there have been a couple of jabs, but how many real partisan attacks have you seen come out of this?  The only reason you haven't is both sides live in glass skyscrapers, so their best option is to outdo each other trying to fix the system.  Have you noticed campaign finance reform looks like it's actually going to make it this time?

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2002, 10:26:33 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Sure there have been a couple of jabs, but how many real partisan attacks have you seen come out of this?  The only reason you haven't is both sides live in glass skyscrapers, so their best option is to outdo each other trying to fix the system.  Have you noticed campaign finance reform looks like it's actually going to make it this time?

I've seen a few Democrats trying to pin it on the Reps but for the most part I haven't seen much partisan bickering on this, you are correct.   I wonder if Bush is going to veto the bill.  I don't know what's in the thing, but we defenately need reform on this issue, though I don't trust the people doing the reforming......

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2002, 11:11:20 AM »
the fact is that enron lied and busted. lay has to take the fall because it's part of his job.

muti-million dollar salaries aren't the only thing that comes with the position.  he's responsible for eveyone under him whether he knows or not.

i'm sure he pawned his soul off years ago anyway, who cares what they do with what's left.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2002, 05:44:00 PM by mrfish »

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2002, 11:41:53 AM »
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." - Honore de Balzac
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?